Easiest Way to Sync Data between 2 Servers Automatically
Syncing data between 2 servers automatically with professional file sync software AOMEI Backupper Server is the easiest way. Try it yourself.
Need help: how to sync data between 2 servers automatically
Syncing data between 2 servers automatically can be a great idea for team members to share data or get updated files in time. Also, it works for personal users who have 2 or more servers. But some users don't know how to do so , below are example from forum.
"Hi. We have two servers: 1. Windows Server Standard 2. Windows Server 2008 R2. They are located in different offices, both have their own domain and active dir. None have static IP address. We have two small offices and teams and we need to have a shared folder between this two. I would greatly appreciate any help."
You may hear about different methods in forums, such as, shared folder, Robocopy, or DFS, among them, DFS is the most popular option to sync data between 2 computers. But there are limitations:
- it only works when you have an Active Directory Domain.
- it only sync files stored in the partition with NTFS file system.
- in addition, the steps are quite complicated.
If these are not a matter, you can refers to sync files between Windows Servers for details and steps (with screenshot).
If you want the easiest way to sync data between 2 servers automatically, it's recommended to use a professional file sync software for server computer like AOMEI Backupper Server.
Best file sync software for Windows Servers - AOMEI Backupper Server
AOMEI Backupper Server is one of the best file sync software to help you sync data between 2 servers automatically with simple steps. And you still can enjoy many useful features to make this process more convenient:
- It provides you with 4 sync solutions, namely, "Basic Sync", "Real-Time Sync", "Mirror Sync", and "Two-Way Sync". Click here to learn the differences between syncs and select one of them based on your needs.
- It allows you to set a scheduled task if you want to make it automatically. You can run backup task on daily, weekly, monthly, event triggers or USB plug in.
- It is able to sync data between 2 servers automatically with different methods, such as, use external storage devices as middle man, sync folders to network drive or shared folder, NAS, or cloud drive.
- It supports Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022 including the R2 version, and Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista.
To get started, please download AOMEI Backupper Server and install it on the first server computer.
Sync data between 2 Windows Servers automatically in 4 steps
Here we will take Windows Server 2012 as an example to sync folders between Windows Servers. Please be sure both server computers are in the same network location and you have the access permission of network shared folder on the target computer. If not, please create a shared folder on it and set permission for your first computer. Refer to how to create a shared folder.
Step 1. Launch this software, click Sync and Basic Sync subsequently.
Quick tips how to select sync methods:
- First, consider how often you make change to your data. For daily, weekly, monthly, try Basic Sync, Mirror Sync or Two-Way Sync. For real-time, try Real-Time Sync.
- Second, consider the direction to sync data, from souce to destination or both sides. To perform two-way data synchronization, try Two-Way Sync.
- Third, consider the safe of files in destination path. If it means a lot to you, try Mirror Sync, which is able to avoid any change made in the destination path.
Step 2. Click Add Folders > This PC to add files or folders you want to sync in the first server computer.
Step 3. Click the inverted triangle and select Add Share or NAS Devices. Then, type IP address of another server computer and select shared folder to save your data.
Step 4. Click Schedule Sync and select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, USB plug in. After that, click Start Sync to keep files in sync between servers.
• Don’t modify the name of the source folder of a scheduled sync task, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
• "Basic Sync" does not sync deleted files unless you enable "Sync the deletions in source directory to destination" in Options.
• If you want to sync folders between 2 servers via USB drive, try "USB plug in" feature. And the process is automatic.
★ Bonus tip: backup server files to AOMEI Cloud
To set strong data protection for your server, you can backup files to AOMEI Cloud. It offers you 1TB free storage for 15 days after you sign up for an AOMEI account.
How to sync data between 2 servers automatically? The easiest way is to use one powerful server backup software, AOMEI Backupper Server, for example. With it, you can sync data between 2 servers automatically in 4 steps with one of sync methods. And you can choose how often you want it to sync files, such as, daily, weekly, monthly, or real-time.
To protect data on unlimited servers within one company, you could consider using AOMEI Backupper TechPlus. And it supports creating portable version of this software and directly run off a removable device on the target computer without installing. If you create a system image or disk image with this software, it still supports deploy image to multiple computers over network.