Best Windows 11 Easy Transfer Software - Files/Folders/System
This article provides you with a powerful Windows 11 easy transfer software to help you transfer personal files and settings from one computer to another safely and convenient.
Windows Easy Transfer Overview
Windows Easy Transfer is a specialized file transfer program developed by Microsoft that allows users of the Windows operating system to transfer personal files and settings from a computer running an earlier version of Windows to a computer running a newer version.
Does Windows 11 have Easy Transfer? Windows Easy Transfer was introduced in Windows Vista and is included in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. However, it has been discontinued in Windows 10. Therefore, for Windows 11 users, you need to Windows 11 Easy Transfer alternative for data transfer from Windows 10 to Windows 11, from Windows 11 to older versions, or between Windows 11 PCs.
Best Windows 11 Easy Transfer Software - AOMEI Backupper
Third-party software AOMEI Backupper Professional is one of the best Windows 11 easy transfer tools. It can help you move large files, folders, and even operating systems to another computer. It comes with various features that are capable of getting Windows 11 easy transfer hassle-free.
Part 1. Easy Transfer Files/Folders on Windows 11
To easily move files from Windows 11 computer to another Windows 11 PC or devices with older Windows OS, you can try its Sync feature.
1. Download and install AOMEI Backupper on your computer. Select the Basic Sync option under the Sync tab.
- ✎...Note: There are other sync options:
- Real-Time Sync to synchronize your files in real-time, which will track your files as soon as you make changes to them.
- Mirror Sync for keeping files in the destination directory exactly the same as the source directory.
- Two-Way Sync any changes in the source and destination directories will be synced to the other side mutually.
2. Click Add Folder to select folders on your Windows 11 computer. You can add multiple folders as you like by clicking the + button.
3. Click on the destination box, select Add Share or NAS Devices, type the network path (the IP address) or name of another computer, and then select one shared folder on it as the sync target path.
4. You can set up automatic sync in daily, weekly, monthly, etc. by clicking Schedule Sync (optional). Finally, click Start Sync to transfer folders on Windows 11 effortlessly.
Part 2. Easy Transfer Everything on Windows 11
How do I transfer everything from my old computer to my new computer on Windows 11? To move everything like Windows system, programs, or other important data from one PC to another on Windows 11, you can rely on the backup and restore features:
1. On the target computer, insert the disk containing your system image and bootable disk into your new computer. Then, restart it and boot from the bootable disk.
2. Click Restore > Select Task to locate the system image backup file. You can also use the Select Image File to manually navigate to the image file location.
3. Select your system backup image and click Next. Then, choose Restore this system backup.
4. After selecting a restore path, click Start Restore to get Windows easy transfer from Wndows 10 to 11 or vice versa.
Part 3. Easy Transfer Windows 11 from HDD to SSD
You can easily help transfer files, data, or systems on your Windows 11 computer using the Disk Clone feature of the AOMEI Backupper software. If you are new to it, you can refer to the following steps to see how to use it to transfer Windows 11 from HDD to SSD.
1. Connect or install the target SSD on your computer and make sure it can be detected.
2. Launch this software, click Clone on the left tab, and select Disk Clone on the right.
3. Select the original hard drive containing Windows 11 as the source disk you want to transfer, and click Next.
4. Then select the SSD you connected as the target disk and click Next.
5. Next check SSD Alignment. This option will speed up the read/write speed of the SSD hard drive. Then, click Start Clone to transfer the hard drive containing Windows 11 to the SSD.
✨ Some Helpful Hints:
- Do not format the old hard drive until you are sure you can successfully boot from the cloned drive.
- If you just want to migrate your Windows 11/10/8/7 etc. operating system to a new hard drive, you can choose System Clone.
- In this software, you can consider the following 3 useful options to clone and resize your hard drive by the Edit Partitions function. This will prevent you from encountering problems with cloned hard drives showing the wrong size.
>> Copy without resizing partitions: It will not resize the partition size.
>> Add unused space to all partitions: It will reallocate the unallocated space to each partition of the target disk, appropriate for the disk size.
>> Manually adjust partition size: It allows you to extend unallocated space to any partition on the destination disk you want.
How to Boot from the Cloned Hard Drive on Windows 11
After completing the Windows easy transfer of Windows 11, you may need to boot from the new hard drive containing Windows 11 OS. You need to press the specific key (usually F2, F8, F12, Del) to enter BIOS, and change the boot order to boot from the cloned SSD. Or remove the original hard drive out and install the cloned hard drive and set the boot mode, then boot from it.
After reading this article, you can find the most reliable Windows 11 easy transfer software. It can help you transfer anything you want on your computer. Different sync, backup/restore, and cloning methods are available to meet your different needs.
This tool is quite useful when you want to transfer Windows 11 to a new computer, especially on different hardware. Its Universal Restore feature helps you to install all the drivers needed to boot your system. Thus, you can easily boot up your computer even if it has different hardware.