Have problems while Dell factory resetting?
Today, I had some troubles in factory resetting my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I turn on the power button, and then press F8 key, it did not get the boot menu up to factory reset. What should I do to restore dell to factory settings? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
How to factory reset Dell laptop in Windows 10?
To repair or restore your Windows operating system to its factory settings, it’s highly recommended to backup files if needed. Because the factory reset will delete everything you installed and stored after the purchase, including your documents, pictures, videos and other files. Or, you could leave it alone.
Fortunately, there are 2 solutions for you to factory reset Dell Inspiron 15 and other laptops, refer to following words:
Solution 1: Dell Factory Reset in Windows 10
If your Dell laptop boot normally, follow the steps to reset your Dell computers:
1. Click Search box at the desktop, and input reset.
2. Choose Reset this PC (System Settings) in the results.
3. At the Reset this PC section, select Get Started.
4. Select the Keep my files or Remove everything option according to your demands.
5. Click Reset to start Dell factory reset in Windows 10.
If your Dell PC got some troubles and could not boot into Windows 10/8/8.1, you have to boot Dell laptop to Windows Recovery Environment (Win RE):
1. Start the computer, it will boot into WinRE mode automatically when Windows 10 can’t boot normally. Or press F8/F12 continuously while computer starting until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
2. Click Troubleshoot in WinRE mode.
3. Select Reset this PC.
4. Then follow the on-screen instructions to factory reset Dell laptop without password (if you set up password for your Dell PC) in Windows 10/8.1/8.
Sometimes. You may find there is no dell factory image restore option to perform factory reset for Dell computers, don’t worry, it’s been solved.
Solution 2: Restore Dell Computer to default settings with powerful software
Apart from the above solution, you could create an initial backup with AOMEI OneKey Recovery at the first time after you purchase. Then restore Dell laptop, desktop or other computers to default settings. AOMEI OneKey Recovery is a professional software for Windows PCs and servers to onekey backup and restore Windows systems on any computer or laptop.
If you have used this software to create onekey system backup immediately after the purchase and nothing is added, then your Dell PC would generate an AOMEI Recovery Partition contains a system image file to restore system. You could do Dell factory reset with the system image file in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server systems, the steps are:
1. Press the F11 or A key to enter into AOMEI Recovery environment during system startup.
2. Then please select OneKey System Recovery on the main window.
3. Choose a way to restore, and click Next. There are two ways: Restore system by using the image file in AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition; Restore system by selecting a system image file. (here take the first way for example.)
4. Click Start Restore to perform Dell factory reset in Windows 7/8/10.
No Dell factory image: create system backup now
If you have ever never used AOMEI OneKey Recovery, it’s highly recommended try now to create an AOMEI factory recovery partition in case you have to restore your Dell computers to the previous state:
1. Run AOMEI OneKey Recovery. Click OneKey System Backup on home console.
2. Select a method to backup system: Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition (Recommended) or Backup system to other location, and then click Next.
3. Choose a partition to store the AOMEI Recovery Partition that will be created afterwards, and press Start Backup button to backup Windows 10/8/7 and other settings to that partition.
4. By the way, you could set up the shortcut (F11 or A key) to enter AOMEI recovery environment by clicking Setting icon at the upper right corner.
After you backed up, you could restore Dell computers to factory settings if required someday.
A Hard Reset Fix Most of the Problems
If your Dell PC does not work properly, like not power on or boot into Windows operating system, try a hard reset first, it will fix many problems usually:
1. Turn off your Dell laptop. Remove the AC adapter or power cord and take out the battery.
2. Disconnect all the external devices like USB drive, printer cables or CD/DVD, etc.
3. Press the power button for about 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.
4. Connect the AC adapter or power cord and the battery, and then see if your Dell PC is boot into operating system.
To be honest, please backup on a regular basis to protect the data in case of unexpected things. If you want to backup entire hard drive, backup individual file, real time sync files, etc. Just try AOMEI Backupper.