With computer used widely, it is required to store more and more data and run many software. At the same time, you may encounter many unexpected computer issues. Today, we are going to talk about “No Dell Factory Image Restore option”and “How to recover system if no Dell Factory Image Restore option?”.
About No Dell Factory Image Restore option
"My computer finally breaks down, and it can't boot. I don't want to send it for repair or reinstall. I hear that there is a one key recovery function in Dell computer. But there is no Factory Image Restore option. Why?"
Dell Backup and Recovery shipped with Windows 10 could help you do Dell factory reset. But, sometimes, you couldn’t find the recovery option.
Dell Factory Image Restore option missing in Windows Recovery (solved)
Here are 3 situations you may encounter “Dell Factory Image Restore option missing in Windows Recovery”.
☞ On some Dell systems, Dell factory image restore option may not appear in the Windows Recovery Environment screen, such as, such as, Inspiron, OptiPlex, Alienware, Venue Pro, Precision Workstation, Vostro and Latitude.
In this case, you can try to try to type “reagentc.exe /enable”with admin in CMD. This option is used to enable the recovery environment. If this works, you can restore your system.
☞ The recovery partition comes along with your computer is damaged. Some users report that there is a Dell Factory Image Restore option but it lack the oledlg.dll file. In this case, you can try to restore the recovery partition with Dell installation disc.
☞ The dell factory image restore option is not available after upgrading from Windows 7/8/8.1/ to Windows 10. If you upgrade to Windows 10 and then this option disappear, you can try to reinstall Windows 7/8/8.1 with installation disc.
How to recover system if there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option?
Reading here, you may already solve the problem: “Dell Factory Image Restore option missing”. If so, you can reset your computer to factory settings. But if you still couldn’t find the Dell Factory Image Restore option in Windows Recovery Environment?
Don’t worry. Keep reading below and try the following 2 methods.
Method 1. Using Dell built-in tool to restore Dell system image
Whether you want to backup current system or restore previous backed up system image, you must press specific key before computer enters system. the guidance is following below (This operation takes Windows 7 as an example):
1. Start up or restart computer. before computer enters system, press F8 to enter windows “Advanced Bootable Option”, and then, select “Fix Computer”.
2. Select Keyboard Input Method.
3. If there is administrate password in computer, You have to input it; if there is not, just select ”OK”.
4. After entering System Recovery Option, select “Dell DataSafe Recovery and Emergency Backup”.
5. Tick “Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files (Recommended)” or “Select other System Backup and More Option”, and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the rest of the steps.
To be honest, Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup is not suitable for all users. It’s a little complicated. For computer novice, you’d better use an easier way. You could try AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional. It’s very stable and easy to operate.
Method 2. Backup and recover system with AOMEI OneKey Recovery
Different from some branded recovery software, AOMEI OneKey Recovery is third-party recovery software, which can be installed in any type of laptop or desktop for onekey system backup and recovery.
With AOMEI OneKey Recovery, you can create a initial backup for the first time you get the computer and then restore to factory setting when needed, including all your applications, drivers and all personal data. Also, you can create a system image at later.
1. Install and launch AOMEI OneKey Recovery,then use it to make a factory recovery partition with "OneKey System Backup" first. After that, you could restore Dell system image with OneKey System Recovery. click it in the main interface.
✎Note: To recover Dell factory image, you need a initial backup created at the first time when you get the computer.
2. Tick one of the following recovery methods and click Next. If you backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery partition, select the first option. But if you backup to other location, you need to connect the devices that contain the system image and select t he second method.
3. Then, you could choose where to restore, including, original location, other location. If there is no problem, click Start Backup and it will execute the task restore Dell sytem image. Wait till the progress done.
1. If you restore the image to its original location, you don’t have to choose the target path. But if you tick “Restore to other location”, you need to select a path manually.
2. This software also could be used to restore branded computer, such as, Lenovo, HP, WD, Samsung, etc.
Recommendation: powerful OneKey Recovery software
AOMEI OneKey Recovery is suitable for home users, which allows you to backup and restore system image of all-branded computers. But if want more advanced feature during the backup and restore process, you need to use AOMEI Backupper.
Its new feature "Recovery Environment" can help you restore your computer easily and quickly without booting into Windows, and you can choose to restore entire hard drive or system partition per your needs. What's more, it supports restoring old computer to new computer with dissimilar hardware restore.
Dell Factory Image Restore in Windows 10 could help you factory reset Dell, but you may find that there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option in recovery environment sometimes. So, you need a more stable one key recovery software, such as, AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional, Technician, Customization.
The first one is suitable for homes users, because this version supports up to 4 computers. The second one could be used on a computer with unlimited computers. The last version could be applied to users who want to customize UI and logo, because it has a UI custom tool.