Any GoodSync Alternative to Sync Files?
In fact, there are many free alternatives to GoodSync online, and you can sync files from one location to another easily. And this article will introduce you to the best free one, not only free but also with advanced features.
GoodSync Features and Tutorial to Sync Files in Windows PCs
GoodSync is a backup and file synchronization software, which is available for Windows PC & Server, Linux, MAC, Android, iOS. It owns two main features, File Backup (one-way sync) and File Synchronization (two-way sync).
And it allows you to backup or sync files to other locations, like Synology NAS, WD NAS, QNAP NAS, Misc NAS, even the Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. Or computer to computer backup or synchronization with GoodSync Connect.
Before using it, you need to download GoodSync from the official page. And the GoodSync explorer will also be installed as well. It helps you to view and download or upload files between your local computer and any remote server on the internet.
Create a New Job to Sync Files
Note it requires you to create a GoodSync account. If you have never used GoodSync, it will notice you to create a new GoodSync Job, then follow the steps to create a file backup.
1. Click + New Job button, enter a job name (Backup My Files), and tap a job type: Backup or Synchronize (here is Backup), press OK.
- Backup: It's a one-way job, from left folder to right folder, and includes the deletions in the left folder. And you can back up your photos, MP3s, and important files.
- Synchronize: It's a two-way job, from left folder to right folder and vice versa.The hidden and system files are excluded by default.
2. At the top of the window, click the file or folder icon to select the files to backup, here we choose the C drive.
3. Then choose a destination path to save these files. It will prompt you to not store files in disk root folder and explain the reasons for it. Click Yes to continue.
4. Click Analyze and wait for the results according to the GoodSync File tree elements to set the files up.
5. After completion, click Sync to sync files or folders that have already been analyzed.
Schedule GoodSync Task to Run Automatically
Except for manually sync task, you still can enable automatic settings in GoodSync to make it automatically. Click Options from the job menu and then select Auto, you will see all the options. Select auto analyze and sync options, run mode and advanced auto options and click Save to keep changes. For more details, check its official documents.
Besides, you could install GoodSync2Go on a removable drive, like USB flash drive, or portable hard drive to store a list of jobs and other settings on the removable disk. And GoodSync allows you to sync specific applications like RoboForm, Outlook, Windows Mail, Quickbooks, etc.
GoodSync Limitations You Need to Know
Although it offers you great feature to backup and sync files in Windows computers, there are some limitations that you should be attention to:
GoodSync only synchronize the file and folders belongs to your own personal files and folders.
It could not backup system files and hidden files/folders.
There are many different icons that you should be aware of and it’s hard to remember.
How much does GoodSync cost? For personal version, $49.95 per computer/USB/NAS; for business version, it’s up to $2995.00. Besides, you have to pay extra fee to buy more cloud storage to save files.
Limited features. GoodSync only supports to backup and sync files/folders. You could not backup your entire hard drive, partition, etc.
Best Free GoodSync Alternative for File Sync - AOMEI Backupper
Except for GoodSync, there are many file sync software online, and AOMEI Backupper Standard is one of the best free sync software. It allows you to automatically sync files to the location you want, like local disk, external hard drive, USB flash drive, CD/DVD, NAS or network share, or even the cloud, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
And it provides you with two practical ways in this software. You can select one of them to start the file sync task.
- File Backup: It will compress all data into an image file and require you to restore files from backup before using it. And it allows you to run this task automatically using daily, weekly, monthly, and backup only changed files every time.
- File Sync: It is just like copying files from one location to another and you can modify or delete it at any time. It supports all the scheduled settings in the File Backup feature.
If you want more advanced features, please upgrade to the professional version or higher. In the premium version, you still enjoy differential backup (independent and safe), and automatic backup cleanup to delete old backups automatically, thus you don't need to worry about missing any change. Different sync methods as well.
Here take Basic Sync feature as an example to automatically sync files and folders. To get started, please download free GoodSync alternative - AOMEI Backupper Standard!
Step 1. Launch the software. At the main interface, click Sync -> Basic Sync.
Step 2. Click + Add Folder to choose files and folders that you want to sync. Optionally, rename the Task Name to distinguish from other backups.
Step 3. Click Add Share or NAS Devices and type network path of NAS devices, then select a network shared folder to store backup image. You are also allowed to sync any local folders to Google Drive, OneDrive, NAS, external hard drive, etc.
Step 4. To automatically sync folders to NAS, click Schedule Sync and then enable it, set the task run daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
Step 5. Click Start Sync>> to sync files with the best free GoodSync alternative. It will sync all the files in the local computer and then only changes at the next scheduled time.
✨ Bonus tip: backup files to AOMEI Cloud
As cloud storage is becoming more and more popular, AOMEI offers users its own cloud - AOMEI Cloud. After you sign up for an AOMEI account, you can use 1TB storage for free within 15 days. Just click Backup > Cloud Backup to backup files to AOMEI Cloud.
AOMEI Backupper is the best free GoodSync alternative for Windows PCs, you can choose to backup or sync files with different methods (Backup or Sync) and schedule it daily, weekly, or monthly. And in its premium version, you can enjoy different sync methods, differential backup, etc.
And it's more than file synchronization software. Thus, you can use it to create system image in Windows 10, clone hard disk to another HDD or SSD easily and quickly, migrate operating system to SSD, etc. All in all, it can do more than you think, please download it to explore more!