Apple iPad is the most popular tablet on earth. It’s a good choice for entertainment, study and work as it has a variety of powerful functions. In April of this year, Apple just released its latest generation of iPads the equipt with M1 chip, they are 5th generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro and the 3rd generation 11-inch iPad Pro.
The best iPad ever:
The M1 chip gives the new iPad Pro mind-blowing performance and makes it the fastest device of its kind.
The breathtaking XDR display great for viewing and editing HDR photos and videos or enjoying your favorite movies and TV shows.
Four speaker audio delivers theater-like sound and support for Dolby Atmos.
Attracted by those amazing features, you just bought one, right? Congratulations! Now you can read this guide to see how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro in 12.9/11-inch so that you can enjoy the new iPad the way you like.
Part 1. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro without iTunes
Below are 5 ways on how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro without iTunes. Different methods correspond to different transmission needs. You can choose the corresponding method according to your needs.
Way 1 can help you transfer files from PC to iPad Pro without data erasing
Way 2 lets you transfer photos from PC to iPad Pro wirelessly
Way 3 shows how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro via iCloud Drive
Way 4 tells how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro via Google Drive
Way 5 shows you how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro via email
Way 1. Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro 12.9/11 via AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PC. You can let it help you transfer files between iDevice and PC, between two iDevices.
● It is able to transfer music, photos, videos from PC to iPad.
● It will transfer the file in original size without compression.
● It will not erase any existing data on iPad during the transfer.
This tool supports all iPad models include the newly released 5th generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 3rd generation 11-inch iPad Pro. See how it transfers files from PC to iPad Pro:
1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper.
2. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPad to computer via USB cable.
3. Click Transfer to iPad option so you can select the data you want to transfer.
4. Click the “+” > Choose photos, videos, or songs that you want to add to your iPad > Click Open to continue.
5. Confirm the files that will be transferred to iPad > Click Transfer to start.
Besides file transfer, AOMEI MBackupper also provides an easy way to help you backup your iPad.
■ It can create an image backup for your music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, which takes up a small amount of space.
■ The Selective recovery allows you to recover the data you want instead of the entire backup and no existing data on device will be erased.
For more information, you can go the this How to Backup iPad to Computer guide to learn more.
Way 2. Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro 12.9/11 via iCloud Sync
iCloud allows you to easily sync data across devices. If you want to transfer some photos from PC to iPad Pro, you can take advantage of iCloud sync to make it. First upload photos to iCloud on your computer and then turn on Photos sync to download photos on iPad.
Connect your iPad Pro to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Please make sure you are using the same Apple ID on your devices.
Note that there is only 5 GB free storage space for you to store data.
1. On your PC: Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and passcode > Click the Photos icon > Click the upload button to select the photos you need.
2. On your iPad: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Tap iCloud > Tap Photos > Turn on iCloud Photos.
Way 3. Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro 12.9/11 via iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive is iCloud's file hosting service. Users can store any kind of file (including photos, videos, documents, music, and other apps' data) in iCloud Drive and access it on any iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Windows PC.
To transfer files from PC to iPad Pro, you can first upload files to iCloud Drive on PC and then go to Files app on iPad to check your files.
1. On your PC: Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and passcode > Click the iCloud Drive option > Click the Upload button select the files you need.
2. On your iPad: Go to Files app > Tap the Browse tab > Tap iCloud Drive under Locations > Now you can see all your files stored in iCloud Drive.
Way 4. Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro 12.9/11 via Google Drive
Other cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive also allow users to save all kinds of files and also allow you to access them on any computer and mobile device. What’s more, they usually offer more free storage space.
Here we take Google Drive as an example to show you how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro 2021.
1. On your PC: Open a browser and go to https://drive.google.com/ > Click the New button > Choose File upload or Folder to select and upload the needed files.
2. On your iPad: Download and install Google Drive app > Log in to your account > Now you can see the files synced from your PC.
Way 5. Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro 12.9/11 via Email
If you just want to transfer a few files to the iPad, such as a few pictures, one document or a PDF file, then you can choose to send yourself an email with a file attachment.
1. On your PC: Open a browser to go to Gmail or any other email you prefer > Add the specific files as an email attachment and send it.
2. On your iPad Pro: Check the email and download the attachment on device.
Part 2. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad Pro Using iTunes
The old-fashion way to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro is to use iTunes. It can indeed help you sync files to the iPad, but it will delete the existing data on the iPad. After sync means that the data would be kept the same. If you don’t mind, follow the steps below.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Run iTunes and plug in your iPad Pro.
3. Click the Device table > Click Music, Movies, Photos or other option. Here we choose Music.
4. Check Sync Music > Decide the songs you want to sync > Click Apply to start.
That’s all for how to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro 2021. You can copy files via USB connection or transfer files with the help of the Wi-Fi network. Or if you have a question, please free feel to leave a comment and we will reply as soon as possible.