Why do you want to transfer photos from computer to iPad? Maybe you want to transfer some pictures to new iPad Pro as wallpaper; maybe you want to edit photos when you are away from the computer; maybe you want to show them to others by using the iPad.
Well, regardless of the reason, the point is how to transfer the photos. To better illustrate, we divide the methods into three parts. These methods basically cover all the transmission conditions (using cable or wirelessly, using iTunes/iCloud or not) and you definitely can find one that suits you most. If you want to transfer selected photos from computer to iPad without data loss, then Way 1 in Part 1 is the best choice.
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad without iTunes/iCloud
iTunes indeed can help you transfer pictures from computer to iPad, however, it will erase the existing pictures on your device. If you prefer a no-data-loss way to add pictures to iPad, check the 3 methods below.
Way 1. How to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad without Syncing
The easiest, fastest, and safest way to transfer photos from PC to iPad without syncing is using AOMEI MBackupper. It’s one professional iOS data management tool that provides both backup and transfer functions, which helps you always keep data safe & put data in the right place. As for photos transferring, here are its outstanding features:
● Free Transfer. It lets you quickly transfer photos between iDevice and computer, from one iDevice to another.
● No Data Erasing. It will only put pictures on your iPad and all content on your device will remain 100% safe.
● Easy and Fast. The user-friendly interface makes it possible to complete the transfer in only a few clicks.
AOMEI MBackupper supports all iPhone, iPad models including the newly released 9.7-inch iPad and 12.9-inch iPad Pro. Get the tool on your PC and follow the steps to import photos to your iPad.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPad Using Cable:
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPad to computer via USB cable. Enter the passcode on iPad so that the software can access your device.
2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to iPad option.
3. Click the “+” button > Choose the photos you want to transfer to iPad > Click Open to continue.
4. Confirm the photos that will be transferred to your iPad > Finally, click Transfer.
Way 2. Transfer Photos from PC to iPad via Google Photos
Cloud storage services allow users to save all kinds of files and also allow you access them on any computer and mobile device. That’s to say, if you upload photos to cloud storage services on your computer, then you can check those photos on your iPad. Here we take Google Photos for example.
● On your computer: Open a browser and visit https://photos.google.com/ > Sign in with your account > Choose Albums > Click Create album > Name the album and click Add photos to upload photos from your PC.
● On your iPad: Download Google Photos app from App Store > Sign in with the same account > Go to find the download pictures you need.
Way 3. Transfer Photos from PC to iPad via Email
If you just want to transfer one or two pictures, then you can simply send yourself an email with a picture attachment.
● On your Computer: Compose your email and add the photos you need as an attachment > Send it to yourself.
● On your iPad: Check the email and download the picture attachment.
Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad Using iTunes
If you have a brand new iPad and there is no important data on it, you can choose to transfer photos from computer to iPad with iTunes. To make things simple, you can first put all photos in a folder first.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Connect iPad to computer via USB cable.
3. Click the Device tab > Choose Photos > Check Sync Photos > Select the folder that contains your pictures > Click Apply and it will start transferring photos to iPad.
Part 3. How to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad Using iCloud
iCloud is another official utility provided by Apple to help users manage iOS data. It’s a good way to share files wirelessly. However, it only offers 5 GB free storage and it will run out of soon if you want to transfer lots of photos.
● On your iPad: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos to enable iCloud Photos.
● On your Computer: Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Sign with your Apple ID and passcode > Click Photos option > Click Upload photos to choose the photos you want to add to iPad.
The photos will be synced to iPad when Wi-Fi is connected and you can check them in Photos app.
That’s all for how to transfer photos from computer to iPad Pro, Air, mini. If you want to make it without iTunes or iCloud, you can let AOMEI MBackupper transfer photos using a cable, let cloud storage services like Google Photos transfer photos wirelessly.