Attracted by the improvements of new iPad Air 2022, you bought one to replace the previous iPad, right? The M1 chip gives the new iPad Air 5 mind-blowing performance and makes it the fastest device of its kind.
Switching iPads can be amazing but moving data from one to another is a tedious task. But in fact, as long as a reasonable method is used, iPad to iPad data transfer can be easily completed. Read to see how to transfer photos from one iPad to another iPad.
Method 1. Transfer Photos from iPad to iPad via AOMEI MBackupper
If you have a computer at hand, you can try one easy-to-use iOS transfer tool - AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer photos from iPad to iPad. You can select the pictures you need and transfer all the selected pictures to another one in 1 click.
It supports all iPad models including the latest iPad Air 2022, iPad mini 8, iPad Pro 2021/iPad Air 2020. Download the tool on computer and follow the step below to transfer pictures from one iPad to another.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPad to computer.
2. Click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click the Transfer to save pictures to the computer.
5. Unplug the source iPad and plug in the target iPad > Click Transfer to iPad option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Transfer to transfer pictures from iPad to iPad.
Transfer Photos from iPad to iPad Wirelessly
If you do not have a computer at hand, you can install the mobile app of MBackupper to wirelessly transfer photos from one iPad to another.
1. Download MBackupper from App Store. Or you can scan the QR code to get the app.
2. When you open MBackupper the first time, you will be asked to allow MBackupper to connect to devices on your local network, access your photos, music, contacts, etc. on your device.
3. Place two devices near each other > Go to Connect Device and tap the device name on either iPhone to establish a connection. (MBackupper connects other devices through WLAN services, so please turn on the Wi-Fi option on both iPhones.)
4. Now go to File Transfer > Choose the photos you want to transfer > Tap Send.
You can go to Transfer List to view the progress of receiving and sending. The transferred photos will be saved in Photos app.
Method 2. Transfer Photos from iPad to iPad Using AirDrop
AirDrop is a built-in file sharing tool that lets users transfer data from one Apple device to another one wirelessly. Keep two iPads within 30 feet of each other and turn on AirDrop to transfer pictures from iPad to another one.
1. Turn on AirDrop on both iPads: Go to Control Center > Turn on AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone. Please make sure you have turned on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
2. On source iPad: Go to Photos app > Select the pictures you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon > Choose the target iPad name.
3. On target iPad: Tap Accept to receive photos. The photos will be saved in Photos app.
Method 3. How to Transfer Photos from iPad to iPad Using iCloud
iCloud only offers 5 GB of free storage space to store iOS data. If you have enough storage plan of iCloud, you can choose to transfer photos from old iPad to new iPad using iCloud.
1. On the source iPad: Connect it to Wi-Fi network > Go to Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Choose Photos > Turn on iCloud Photo Library.
2. On the target iPad: Make sure you have signed in with the same iCloud account > Go to Settings to turn on iCloud Photo Library. When Wi-Fi is enabled, it will try to download the photos that have been uploaded to iCloud from the source iPad.
Method 4. Transfer Photos from iPad to iPad via Email
This method is recommended if you want to transfer one or two pictures. It’s a time-consuming job if you want to transfer a large number of pictures.
1. On the source iPad: Go to Photos app > Select the pictures you need > Tap Share button > Choose Mail option > Send the email to yourself.
2. On the target iPad: Go to Mail app > Check the email and save the pictures on device.
That’s all for how to transfer photos from iPad to iPad. You can let AOMEI MBackupper help you easily transfer pictures without any limitation. Or if you want to transfer photos without a computer, you can let iCloud sync help you or choose to AirDrop/email the pictures.