How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad Pro/Air/mini
This guide will introduce three ways on how to transfer music from computer to iPad Pro, Air, mini. The method to transfer music to iPad without iTunes is included.
When it comes to transferring music from computer to iPad, you may know that you can use iTunes. It’s the official way provided by Apple for iOS users to manage files on a computer. However, the truth is that it’s not easy to use iTunes to add files to iPhone iPad.
● You can only pair your device with one computer - you cannot transfer music to iPad from different computers.
● What’s worse, the music sync will cause data loss: it will erase the existing media files (songs, movies, TV shows) on your device.
Fortunately, iTunes isn’t the only option to transfer data from PC to iPad on this planet. There are other two ways that can help you transfer music from computer to iPad without iTunes: add music to iPad via third-party transfer tool or Dropbox.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad without iTunes
If you want to transfer music from PC to iPad without iTunes, there are two ways to go. You can rely on FoneTool - one iOS transfer tool to help you add music to iPad via the USB cable. Or you can take advantage of cloud storage services to add music to iPad wirelessly.
Way 1. Transfer Music from Computer to iPad without iTunes but via FoneTool
FoneTool is an easy-to-use iOS data management tool that is designed to help users transfer data from computer to iPad and iPhone. More than 100 engineers in the R&D team provided solid technical support. With this tool, you can easily put your music collection on your iPad/iPad Pro/Air/Mini.
● Transfer All or Selected Songs. It lets you preview and select the songs that you want to add to your iPad.
● Supports Purchased & Non-purchased Songs. It can transfer any songs downloaded from different sources.
● No Data Erasing. It will only put songs on your iPad and all content on your device will remain 100% safe.
With the user-friendly interface, you can transfer music from PC to iPad in only a few clicks. It supports all iPad models including the latest iPad 10th generation, 12-inch iPad Pro (6th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (4th generation).
1. Launch FoneTool > Plug in your iPad to computer. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Phone Transfer option. Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Choose Music and click the add icon > Choose the songs you’d like to add to iPad > Click Open to continue.
4. Confirm the songs that will be sent to your iPad > Finally, click Start Transfer.
Way 2. Transfer Music from Computer to iPad without iTunes but via Dropbox
Cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Play Music let you easily access files on different devices as long as you have logged in with the same account. To add music to iPad, you can first upload songs to the cloud storage on computer and then download songs on your iPad. Here we take Dropbox as an example.
How to transfer music from computer to iPad wirelessly:
On your Computer: Open a browser and go to Dropbox.com > Sign in your account > Click the Upload Files to upload songs you want to transfer to iPad.
On your iPad: Download Dropbox app from App Store > Sign in with the same account > Find the songs and download the song for offline listening.
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPad with iTunes
To transfer music from PC to iPad with iTunes, you should first add songs to iTunes library and then sync the music to iPad. Please be aware that you may be at risk of data loss.
Add Songs to iTunes Library
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Run iTunes and connect your iPad to computer via the USB cable.
3. Click the Device icon > Click Summary > Uncheck the Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected option and check the option Manually manage music and videos > Click Apply to confirm.
4. Then click the File option > Choose Add File to Library to add the songs you need.
Sync Songs to iPad
1. Click Music under Settings > Check Sync Music > Choose to sync Entire music library or Selected playlists artists, albums, and genres.
2. Click Apply > Sync to sync songs to iPad.
Or you can choose to add songs to iPod one by one: Click Song > Click Songs > Select the song you’d like to transfer to iPad > Right-click the song and choose Add to Device > Select your iPad name and it will transfer the song to your device.
Other ways to add music to your iPad
Here we also provide you with some other ways of adding songs to your iPad in some particular conditions.
Way 1. Transfer music from Mac to iPad via Apple Music
Apple Music is an Apple official app to download and enjoy music. If you are using a Macbook, you can add your songs to your Apple Music Library from your Mac and these songs will be synced to your iPad as long as you turn on the Apple Music Library on your iPad.
Step 1. Run Apple Music on your Mac. Click Files > Add to Library/Import. Select your songs and add them to your library.
Step 2. Then you can open Apple Music on your iPad. Wait for a while, the music will appear on your iPad Apple Music.
Please make sure you have a stable network. And if you want to transfer plenty of songs, it may take a long time to complete.
Way 2. Add songs to iPad from iTunes Store
iTunes Store is an app where you can buy songs. You can purchase music you like from it and add to your library.
Step 1. Go to iTunes Store and select Music.
Step 2. Search for the music you want to, and tap the price to buy.
After payment, you can have the songs on your device.
Above are three ways to transfer music from computer to iPad Pro, Air, mini. The traditional way is using iTunes but it will cause data loss. To avoid data loss, you can add music to iPad through FoneTool or add music to iPad via cloud storage services. Hope this guide helps you somewhat.