When upgrading to a new iPhone, we will definitely want to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. And the contacts will definitely be listed in the list that needs to be transferred. After all, contacts are the most important thing on our phones.
As for iPhone to iPhone contacts transfer, the official iPhone management tool - iTunes can do us a favor. However, you don’t have a computer at hand. So you may wonder: How do I transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without computer?
Fortunately, there are 4 four ways that can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly. Keep reading and choose one way to follow according to your case.
● If you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud or computer, you can refer to Way 2, 3, 4.
Way 1. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Computer but via iCloud
If two iPhones use the same iCloud account, then you can choose to sync contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud. But you should make sure that there is enough storage space because there’s only 5GB for free. The sync will fail if there’s not enough space.
Make sure that both iPhones are logged in to the same account > Connect to Wi-Fi network.
On source iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Tap iCloud > Turn on Contacts > Tap Merge when asked.
On target iPhone: Do the same above to turn on contacts sync and wait for the sync > You can go to Contacts app and pull down from the top of the screen to refresh the contacts list.
Way 2. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Computer but via SIM Card
On the condition that: your contacts are stored in SIM card & the SIM card can be inserted into another iPhone.
1. Take the SIM card out of the source iPhone > Insert it to the target iPhone.
2. Go to Settings > Tap Contacts > Tap Import SIM Contacts.
3. Choose where you want to import your SIM card contacts.
Note: You cannot copy iPhone contacts to SIM card directly. It needs more steps if you want to save iPhone Contacts to SIM Card.
- The iPhone 14 in the USA have removed the SIM card slot and replaced the SIM with an eSIM. While you're setting up new iPhone, if you're asked to transfer your SIM, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer your physical SIM or eSIM.
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later series support eSIM. If you want to convert SIM card to eSIM, you can backup iPhone contacts with FoneTool in advance. Just in case unexpected errors happen during the conversion.
- You can go to Settings > Cellular and tap Convert to eSIM option to make it. If you don't see Convert to eSIM, your carrier doesn't support this option. Contact your carrier to move your phone number from your physical SIM to an eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation or by scanning a QR code.
Way 3. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Computer but via AirDrop
This method is recommended when you only want to share one or two contacts because it only AirDrop one item at a time. Please make sure two devices are nearby (30 feet and preferably closer).
● Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices.
● Turn on AirDrop: Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
● On source iPhone: Go to Contacts app > Find and tap the contact you want to AirDrop > Tap the Share Contact option > Tap AirDrop > Choose the target iPhone.
● On target iPhone: Tap Accept to receive the contact. Or you may see three options: Save, Create New Contact, Add to Existing Contact.
Way 4. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without Computer but via Gmail
It’s able to sync iPhone contacts with Google Gmail and you can take advantage of this feature to achieve contacts transfer. First sync source iPhone contacts to Gmail and then sync Gmail contacts to target iPhone.
On source iPhone:
1. Go to Settings > Tap Passwords & Accounts.
2. Tap Add Accounts > Tap Google > Enter the required information and click Next.
3. Click Save when your account is verified.
4. Turn on Contacts sync > Click Save to confirm.
On target iPhone:
Add the Google account and turn on Contacts sync > Then go to Settings > Tap Fetch New Data button. After that, slide the Push button.
Tip. Let Professional Tool Help You Transfer Contacts in An Easy, Quick, Safe Way
When you do have a computer, why do you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without computer? Feel that iTunes is too complicated? Want to transfer selected contacts but iTunes will transfer all data?
Actually, when using a professional iOS transfer tool, transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone is as easy as ABC. FoneTool is such a tool specially designed for Windows computer. It can help you transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos and songs from iPhone to another one, from iPhone to computer and vice versa.
You can preview and select the contacts before the transfer and it's possible to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
See how to transfer contacts with FoneTool:
1. Download and install FoneTool > Connect source iPhone to computer via USB cable > Enter passcode on iPhone screen so the software can access your device.
2. Click Phone Transfer and go to iPhone to PC > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
3. Click Start Transfer > Select the storage path to save your contacts > Choose to export iPhone contacts to CSV or VCF format > Click Transfer button to save contacts to iPhone.
4. Unplug source iPhone and then connect the target iPhone to computer > Go to PC to iPhone this time > Click Contacts > Click anywhere in the box to select the contacts exported before.
5. Click Start Transfer to add contacts to the target iPhone.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without computer. You can rely on iCloud/Gmail to sync all contacts or let AirDrop help you transfer certain contacts one by one. Hope one of those methods can help you make it. If you meet any problem, please free feel to leave a comment and we will reply ASAP.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad