Gmail is a free email service developed by Google and now you want to import iPhone contacts into Gmail Contacts. In this way, you will have a backup of your contacts and it also lets you share contacts among devices.
This guide will introduce all workable methods that can help you sync iPhone contacts to Gmail in detailed steps. Besides, since syncing iPhone contacts to Gmail is not the only way to backup iPhone contacts, another easy way to make it will also be discussed.
How to Import iPhone Contacts to Gmail?
There are three different methods you can try to transfer iPhone contacts to Gmail. You can first read and then choose one to follow according to your situation.
Note: You may meet the iPhone contacts not syncing to Gmail problem when using Settings or iTunes. In this case, you can turn to the iCloud way to make it.
Method 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail via Settings
The direct way to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail is going to the Settings app to make it. All the work is done on iPhone and no other applications are needed.
1. Go to Settings > Scroll down a little to choose Passwords & Accounts.
2. Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next.
3. Tap Save when your account is verified.
4. Turn on Contacts > Tap Save to confirm.
Note: It can not only help you sync iPhone contacts to Gmail but also sync Gmail contacts to your iPhone if you turn on the option on any device.
Method 2. Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail via iTunes
iTunes also provides a way to help users transfer iPhone contacts to Gmail. If you have turned on Contacts in iCloud on your iPhone, you need to disable it otherwise iTunes cannot access your contacts.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable and run iTunes.
3. Click the Device tab > Click Info.
4. Check the box “Sync Contacts with” > Select “Google Contacts”.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process to transfer iPhone contacts to Google. When it finished, you can go to Google Contacts website to check.
Note: If you choose “Windows Contacts”, click Sync to export contacts to computer. Then you can import the contacts to Google refer to Method 3’s third step. (You can locate the Contacts folder in your username folder: Click Start and type your username > find and open the username folder.)
Method 3. Import iPhone Contacts to Gmail via iCloud
It’s a tested way to import iPhone contacts to Gmail by using iCloud though it requires more steps compared to the above methods. If you have already synced iPhone contacts to iCloud, you can start with Step Two.
Step One: Sync iPhone Contacts to iCloud
Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Toggle on the Contacts option. It will not remind you whether all contacts have been synced to iCloud and you should check it by yourself in iCloud.com.
Step Two: Export iPhone Contacts from iCloud
1. Open a browser on your computer and go to iCloud.com> Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and the password > ChooseContacts from the list of provided services.
2. On the Contacts screen, click the Gear icon in the lower-left corner > Click Select All if you want to export all contacts. You can also use Ctrl or Shift to only select the contacts you need.
3. Click the Gear icon again and choose Export vCard... to save contacts to computer.
Step Three: Import iPhone Contacts to Gmail
1. Go to https://contacts.google.com/ and sign in with your Google account.
2. Click Import on the sidebar > Click Select file on the pop-up window.
3. Choose the vCard file you just exported from iCloud > Click Import to import iPhone contacts to Google.
An Easy Way to Backup iPhone Contacts to Computer
From the above, you know how to import iPhone contacts to Gmail. It’s always a good choice to have a copy of the important data on computer. So here comes another tool to help you backup iPhone contacts to computer with ease. That’s FoneTool.
★ It can help you backup all contacts in one click or only the selected contacts as per your needs.
★ It lets you restore the backup files to any iDevice without data erasing that helps you transfer contacts to new iPhone.
★ Besides contacts, it also supports messages, photos, music, videos, etc.
This tool supports most iPhone models including iPhone 7/8/X/XR/XS/11/12/13/14. Get the tool and follow the steps below to backup your iPhone contacts.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable > Tap "Trust" on your iPhone home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Run FoneTool, and click Phone Backup option > Choose Selective Backup. Click Get Started.
✍Tip: If you want to export your contacts as Vcard/CSV, you can choose the "Transfer to PC" feature.
3. Make sure the Contacts option is selected, and you can unselect the other data you do not need to transfer.
4. Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
5. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Click Start Backup button to make it.
When the process is finished, you can check the backup task on the Backup History screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse, restore or delete the backup contacts.
That’s all for how to import iPhone contacts to Gmail. You can simply make it via Settings on iPhone. Or if you have computer at hand, you can in virtue of the function of iTunes/iCloud to finish the job. If you meet problem during the process, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad