vCard, also known as VCF (Virtual Contact File), is a file format standard for electronic business cards. The vCard can be attached to an email message and shared with other people. Now you want to export iPhone contacts to VCF file for further use. Although there is no such option on the iPhone for you to directly export iPhone contacts, you can use iCloud or transfer tool to achieve the goal.
Part 1. How to Export iPhone Contacts to VCF without iCloud
Want to export iPhone contacts directly to VCF file? You can let FoneTool help you. It's one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows PC users. It lets you preview and select the contacts before the transfer. Contacts can be saved in VCF or CSV format as required.
FoneTool supports most iPhone models including iPhone 7/8/X/XR/XS/11/12/13/14. Download the tool on computer and follow the steps below to export iPhone contacts to VCF file.
Steps to Export iPhone Contacts to VCF without iCloud
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable.
2. On the home interface, click Phone Transfer > Choose iPhone to PC option and click Start Transfer.
3. Select the contacts you want to export.
4. Click Start Transfer > From Transfer Settings, confirm you have selected vCard format and select a path to save your contacts > Finally, click Transfer.
Part 2. How to Export iPhone Contacts to vCard with iCloud
Two steps are needed to export iPhone contacts to VCF: first sync iPhone contacts to iCloud server and then export the contacts from iPhone as vCard. If you have already synced iPhone contacts to iCloud, just jump to Step 2 to start.
Step 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to iCloud
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network and also make sure there is enough storage space, otherwise, you may meet the iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud problem.
2. Go to Settings > Tap your name > Choose iCloud.
3. Turn on Contacts. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
All info stored in Contacts will be synced to iCloud. If there are lots of contacts that need to be synced to iCloud server, it may take a while to finish.
Step 2. Export iPhone Contacts as vCard
1. Open a browser on your computer and go to iCloud.com > Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
2. Select Contacts > Click the Gear icon in the lower-left corner. If you want to export all contacts, then choose Select All. Or you can press Shift or Ctrl to select the needed contacts one by one.
3. Click the Gear icon again and choose Export vCard... option to export iPhone contacts to VCF file.
The vCard file will be saved to the “Downloads” folder on your computer.
Convert VCF to CSV: If you also want to export iPhone contacts as CSV format that can be opened with a spreadsheet app like Microsoft Excel, see the steps below:
Visit this website to convert vCard to CSV: https://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert > Click Choose File to select the VCF file you want to convert > Confirm the following options:
Format: choose CSV, choose Comma, and enable Add Header Line
Encoding: choose Unicode (UTF-8)
Filter: don’t change anything
Modifications: don’t change anything
Finally, click convert to make it. Go to your computer’s download folder to check the CSV file.
That’s all about how to export iPhone contacts to vCard. If you want to export contacts in fewer steps, you can let FoneTool help you make it. The tool can help you export iPhone contacts to VCF file with one click.
If you meet any problem during the process, please feel free to leave a comment, and we will reply to you ASAP.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad