vCard, also known as VCF (Virtual Contact File), is a file format standard for electronic business cards. The vCard can be attached to an email message and share with other people. If you want to import iPhone contacts to Google, you should first convert iPhone contacts to VCF or CSV file. To export iPhone contacts to vCard, you should turn to iCloud for help.
How to Export iPhone Contacts to vCard?
Two steps are needed to export iPhone contacts to VCF: first sync iPhone contacts to iCloud server and then export the contacts from iPhone as vCard. If you have already synced iPhone contacts to iCloud, just jump to Step 2 to start.
Step 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to iCloud
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network and also make sure there is enough storage space, otherwise, you may meet the iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud problem.
2. Go to Settings > Tap your name > Choose iCloud.
3. Turn on Contacts. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
All info stored in Contacts will be synced to iCloud. If there are lots of contacts that need to be synced to iCloud server, it may take a while to finish.
Step 2. Export iPhone Contacts as vCard
1. Open a browser on your computer and go to iCloud.com> Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
2. Select Contacts > Click the Gear icon in the lower-left corner. If you want to export all contacts, then choose Select All. Or you can press Shift or Ctrl to select the needed contacts one by one.
3. Click the Gear icon again and choose Export vCard... option to export iPhone contacts to VCF file.
The vCard file will be saved to the “Downloads” folder on your computer.
You can continue to import the vCard file to Google:Visit https://contacts.google.com/ and sign in with your Google account > Click Import >Click Select file to choose the file you just exported > Click Import to make it.
Convert VCF to CSV:If you also want to export iPhone contacts as CSV format that can be opened with a spreadsheet app like Microsoft Excel, see the steps below:
Visit this website to convert vCard to CSV: https://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert > ClickChoose File to the select the VCF file you want to convert > Confirm the following options:
Format: choose CSV, choose Comma, and enable Add Header Line
Encoding: choose Unicode (UTF-8)
Filter: don’t change anything
Modifications: don’t change anything
Finally, click convert to make it. Go to your computer’s download folder to check the CSV file.
An Easy Way to Backup iPhone Contacts to Computer
From the above, you know how to convert iPhone contacts to vCard file. Indeed it’s a good choice to save the contacts as vCard format on computer as a backup. When something goes wrong, you can also choose to import the contacts to iPhone again.
However, iCloud only offers 5 GB free storage space for users to store iOS data which may not enough for you. Besides, you may also meet the iCloud contacts not syncing issue now and then. So In this case, why not try another tool to help you backup contacts in an easy way?
→ AOMEI MBackupper, one free iPhone backup manager for Windows PCs helps you back up your iPhone contacts, messages, photos, music, and videos with amazing speed. It can help you backup all contacts in one-click or only the selected contacts as per your needs. You can choose to restore the backup files to iPhone anytime and it will not erase any existing data on device.
This tool supports most iPhone models including iPhone 7/8/X/XR/XS/11/12. How about give it a try? First download the tool on computer and follow the steps below to backup your contacts.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the home screen to give your computer access to your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Click Start Backupbutton to make it.
When the process is finished, you can check the backup task on the Backup Management screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse, restore or delete the backup contacts.
1. You can click the triangle icon to run an incremental backup next time. It will backup the newly added data to save both the time and storage space.
2. It can restore the backup files to any iDevice, so you can let it help you transfer contacts to new iPhone with ease.
That’s all for how to export iPhone contacts to vCard. If you meet any problem during the process, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible. And do not forget to have a try on AOMEI MBackupper if you prefer a new way to backup your iPhone contacts.