Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
Don’t have a backup containing the messages? Don’t want to restore the entire backup but just want to transfer messages? This guide will tell you how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without backup.
Why Do You Want to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup?
The traditional way to transfer messages from iPhone to new iPhone is using iTunes or iCloud. You should first backup the old iPhone and then restore the backup to your new iPhone. However, you know that no matter iTunes or iCloud will transfer the whole old iPhone content to the new one while you just want to copy messages. So you want to find a way that can transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud backup or iTunes backup.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
There are two ways that can help you transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without backup. If you want to transfer all messages, you can turn on the iCloud syncing to make it. If you want to transfer selected messages, you can turn to one third-party tool.
Way 1. Use iCloud to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
If your iPhone is running on iOS 12 and later, you can find the Messages sync feature in the iCloud. It enables users to sync messages among all devices using the same Apple account. It's a good choice if you want to sync all messages between two iPhones.
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. On the source iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap your name > iCloud.
3. Scroll down a little to find Messages > Toggle it on.
4. Do the same above on the target iPhone and wait for the syncing.
It will not remind you when the sync process is done so you need to check it by yourself.
Way 2. Selectively Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without Backup
Messages in iCloud indeed can help you sync messages from iPhone to iPhone, however, selective transfer is not supported. So here comes another tool that can help you transfer selected messages. That’s FoneTool.
FoneTool is one easy-to-use iPhone backup and transfer tool for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. To transfer messages to another device, you just need to first make a backup for the messages on the old iPhone and then restore the backup files to the new iPhone.
★ Selectively Backup & Restore – It lets you backup and restore text messages and iMessages you need instead of all of them as per your needs.
★ No Data Loss After the Restore – It will not erase any existing messages or other data on your device and will only put the backup file on your device.
It supports all iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 14/13/12/11/SE 2022 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 16/15. Get the tool now and follow the steps below to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone in a few minutes.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your old iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Click Phone Backup > Go to Selective Backup and click Get Started.
3. Choose Messages to select the iMessages and text messages you want to transfer > Click OK to confirm.
4. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup to start backing up your messages.
5. Unplug your old iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to Backup History > Click the three-dots icon and choose Restore option to preview and transfer messages to new iPhone.
● You can also follow the steps above to transfer contacts, photos, videos, and songs from iPhone to iPhone.
● Besides selective transfer, you can let the iPhone to iPhone Transfer function help you transfer all data and settings with one click.
From the above, you know how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without backup. You can choose to turn on Messages in iCloud to transfer all messages or let FoneTool help you transfer the messages you need.