Quick Start Not Showing Up on iPhone? Find Solutions Here
iPhone Quick Start not appearing? This guide will tell you why is Quick Start not showing up on iPhone and how to solve this problem.
Problem: iPhone Quick Start not showing up
Quick Start won’t pop up on new iPhone
New iPhone won’t pop up quick start to transfer from old iPhone... what happened?
- Question from Apple Community
Quick Start not showing up on old iPhone
Just got my new iPhone 14 and plan to transfer data from my old iPhone X. When I put them together, my old phone didn't respond. Did I miss some steps? Please help.
- Question from Reddit
Quick Start is a very handy feature that helps us switch from the old iPhone to the new one. You can rely on Quick Start to set up your new iPhone using the details of the current device or transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. However, Quick Start doesn't always work well.
Many users have reported that Quick Start not showing up on their old or new iPhone. Maybe you have also encountered this problem and therefore come here. Why is Quick Start not showing up on iPhone and how to fix this problem? Just keep reading to find all the info you want to know.
Why is Quick Start not showing up on iPhone?
Many reasons can cause the iPhone Quick Start not appearing problem and here are the most common reasons.
● iOS version is not compatible. Quick Start only works on iOS 11 or higher. If your device happens to be on iOS 10 or an earlier version, then you will meet iPhone Quick Start not popping up issue.
● Improper connection. Quick Start uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to connect two devices. If there is something wrong with the connection, then Quick Start will not appear on iPhone.
● Bug or error of iPhone. Unknown iOS bugs may also cause iPhone Quick Start not showing up issue.
How to fix iPhone Quick Start not appearing
Quick Start will only appear when the new iPhone has not been set up. If you have already set up your new iPhone, you will need to restart Quick Start on iPhone. If you just turned on your new iPhone while Quick Start won’t pop up, then check the solutions below.
Tip 1. Update iOS on old iPhone
When iPhone Quick Start not showing up, first check the iPhone's iOS version. Quick Start only works on iOS 11 and later. You need to ensure both iDevices are on the right version so Quick Start will work well.
You can go to Settings > General > Software Update to check the version of your device. If an update is available, tap Download and Install to install the latest iOS version.
- If both iPhones are running on iOS 11 and later, Quick Start can set up your new iPhone using the information on old device.
- If both iPhones are running on iOS 12.4 and later, Quick Start can set up new iPhone and transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
Tip 2. Check connection
iPhone Quick Start not appearing problem will occur due to improper connection. You should place two devices near each other and make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are working on both iPhones.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle on the switch. If it is already on, you can turn it off and then on again to refresh the connection.
Tip 3. Force restart iPhone
Some minor glitches can cause the iPhone Quick Start not showing up problem. You can force restart your iPhone to eliminate any errors that caused the problem.
● Force restart iPhone 8 and later with Face ID :
Quickly press and release the Volume Up button > Quickly press and release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side/Power button until you see the Apple logo.
● Force restart iPhone 7/7 Plus:
Press and hold the Top button and Volume Down button together > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
● Force restart iPhone 6s, SE and earlier with Home button:
Hold down the Home button and the Top (or Side) button at the same time > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Tip 4. Contact Apple Support
If you cannot fix the Quick Start not showing up on iPhone problem yourself, you can contact Apple Support (https://support.apple.com/contact) and ask for the solution.
Contact Apple Support by phone or chat to explain everything, the problems you have encountered and the methods you have tried. The professional will help you solve the problem.
Another easy way to transfer data to new iPhone
Quick Start is not the only option for iPhone transfer. When you find Quick Start not showing up on iPhone, you can use a third-party tool to help you transfer data to new iPhone. Here FoneTool is recommended, which is one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows users.
● Supports all iPhone models. FoneTool supports all iPhone models and works with all iOS versions. Quick Start does not support iPhones below iOS 11 while FoneTool does.
● One-click to transfer everything. FoneTool will transfer all content and settings from old iPhone to new iPhone, including photos, contacts, messages, apps & data, system settings.
● Selectively transfer. FoneTool is able to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after set up. You can transfer data to new iPhone at any time and it will not erase any existing data on the device.
With a stable USB connection, data transfer can be done quickly. You can click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps below to transfer data to your new iPhone.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your old iPhone and new iPhone to computer via the USB cables > Choose Phone Transfer and go to iPhone to iPhone.
2. Confirm the source device and the target device > Enable backup encryption to protect your personal data > Finally, click Start Transfer.
3. When the transfer is complete, your new iPhone will automatically restart. Then you can start enjoying your new iPhone.
- To selectively transfer data to new iPhone, you can first export data from old iPhone to computer with iPhone to PC and then import the data to new iPhone with PC to iPhone.
- If you are going to sell your old iPhone or give it to others, you can wipe iPhone clean with the iPhone Eraser feature of FoneTool. It will deeply erase everything to make sure no data recovery tool can find your data.
Quick Start not showing up on iPhone is a common problem that can happen on any iPhone. It usually occurs because of incompatible iOS and improper connection. If you still can't solve the problem after trying everything, you can contact Apple Support or use FoneTool to help you transfer data to new iPhone.