How to Restart Quick Start on iPhone 15/14 After Setup
This guide will show you how to use Quick Start on iPhone after setup. In addition, you can know the shortcut to transfer data to a new iPhone without Quick Start.
How to Restart Quick Start on iPhone 14
I just bought a new iPhone 14. After turning it on and did some very simple settings, it asks me to transfer data from my previous iPhone. However, I accidentally switched to another app on the previous iPhone.
How can I restart the "Quick Start" feature so that I can complete transferring apps from the old phone to my new phone?
- Question from Apple Community
Can You Restart Quick Start on iPhone?
Nowadays, we can easily set up new iPhone from old iPhone with the help of QuickStart. This handy utility can help us set up a new iPhone using information from the current device. In addition, if both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or later, we can choose to transfer everything to new iPhone either wirelessly or through a cable connection.
However, we may accidentally refuse the QuickStart. In addition, it may be interrupted for various unknown reasons. Since you don't have a backup, you still want to use QuickStart to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone, right? Fortunately, it’s possible to restart Quick Start on iPhone.
How to Use Quick Start on iPhone After Setup
Either the transfer is interrupted or you want to use Quick Start on iPhone after setup, you can only restart Quick Start by erasing the new iPhone.
Steps to Restart Quick Start on iPhone
Erase your iPhone: go to Settings > choose General > select Transfer or Reset iPhone > tap Erase All Content and Settings > enter your passcode to confirm. When the process is done, your new iPhone will restart and you can now follow the steps below to transfer data to new iPhone via QuickStart.
1. Place your new iPhone near your old iPhone.
2. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled > Wait for Set Up New iPhone screen appears on old iPhone and tap Continue.
3. Wait for an animation to appear on your new iPhone > Capture it with your old iPhone.
4. Wait for it to activate your new iPhone. When it’s done, you will see a message that says Finish on New iPhone.
5. Enter passcode of your old iPhone on new iPhone and follow the prompts to set up Face ID or Touch ID.
6. On the Transfer data from iPhone screen, tap Continue and it will start to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone.
If you have problems with the transfer process, this Fix iPhone to iPhone Transfer Stuck guide may be helpful.
Transfer Data to New iPhone without Restarting QuickStart
QuickStart is not the only option for iPhone to iPhone transfer. FoneTool, one professional iOS data management tool can help you transfer everything or selected files to new iPhone easily and quickly.
- The iPhone to iPhone feature can help you transfer everything including system settings, photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari (history, bookmarks), applications (data files, preference).
- In addition, you can choose to transfer selected photos, videos, songs, contacts, etc. from iPhone to iPhone or from computer to iPhone. It will not erase any existing data on the device. It’s a good choice if you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup.
USB transfer is more stable than wireless transfer. It takes less than half an hour to complete all transfers from iPhone to iPhone. You can click the download button below to get the freeware phone tools.
One-Click to Transfer Data to New iPhone
1. Run FoneTool > Connect old iPhone and new iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Phone Transfer > locate iPhone to iPhone option and click Start Transfer.
3. Confirm the source device and target device > Enable backup encryption to encrypt data in the source iPhone > Click Start Transfer.
When the transfer is complete, the new iPhone will automatically restart.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone Wirelessly
When there is no computer around, you can let the FoneTool mobile app help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly. It can help you transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts or any other data in Files app.
FoneTool makes it possible to selectively transfer various and unlimited data among iOS devices without cellular data. You can let it help you transfer data to new iPhone or easily share files with friends. Scan the OR code or go to App Store to install it.
- If you want to use Quick Start on iPhone after setup, you can go to Settings to erase the phone and restart the QuickStart on iPhone.
- If you do not want to erase the phone, you can let FoneTool help you transfer all content and settings or just selected contacts, photos, videos, etc.
PS: If you want to sell your old iPhone or give it to someone else, you can wipe iPhone clean with the Erase iPhone tool of FoneTool.