[Answered] Does Quick Start Transfer WhatsApp Chats?
Does Quick Start transfer WhatsApp chats? You can find the answer to the question in this article.
Does QuickStart Transfer WhatsApp Messages?
So I just switched from an iPhone X to an iPhone 15. May I know using apple Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone including whatsapp chat history as well?
- Question from Apple Community
In the past, to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone, you should first make a backup of the chats and then restore that backup to the new iPhone. If you want to transfer other data, it's the same steps, because iPhone only supports the backup-restore transfer mode.
Fortunately, QuickStart is available with the iOS 11 update. This utility can help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without backup. But can QuickStart help you transfer all the data? Does Quick Start transfer WhatsApp messages? Please keep reading to learn more.
Does Quick Start Transfer WhatsApp Chats?
To figure out the question "does Quick Start transfer WhatsApp chats", first you need to check the iOS version of your iPhone.
QuickStart comes with iOS 11. However, when it was first introduced, it could not help users to transfer data directly. It could only help users set up new iPhone from old iPhone. It was not until iOS 12.4 that QuickStart started to support direct data transfer.
If your old iPhone iOS version is lower than 12.4, the QuickStart would not help you transfer data let alone WhatsApp chats. In this case, you have 3 other options to achieve the transfer:
- update your old iPhone to the latest iOS version
- backup WhatsApp on old iPhone and restore the backup on new iPhone
- let a third-party transfer tool help you transfer WhatsApp chats without backup
If both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or later, the QuickStart should help you transfer everything including the WhatsApp messages. The next part will show you the detailed steps to transfer WhatsApp from old iPhone to new iPhone with QuickStart.
How to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone via Quick Start
If you have already set up your new iPhone, you can go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone and choose Erase All Content and Settings to restart the setup process.
1. Place your new iPhone near your old iPhone.
2. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled > Wait for Set Up New iPhone screen appears on old iPhone and tap Continue.
3. Wait for an animation to appear on your new iPhone > Capture it with your old iPhone.
4. Wait for it to activate your new iPhone. When it’s done, you will see a message that says Finish on New iPhone.
5. Enter passcode of your old iPhone on new iPhone and follow the prompts to set up Face ID or Touch ID.
6. On the Transfer Data from iPhone screen, tap Continue and it will start to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone.
Please make sure that Wi-Fi is working well, otherwise, you may meet the iPhone stuck on transferring data problem.
Apple says it should transfer everything including WhatsApp messages, but the transfer may fail for various reasons. If you find that it does not transfer WhatsApp as expected, you can move on to the next part to get another way to help you transfer WhatsApp and other apps.
Another Easy Way to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to iPhone
QuickStart is not the only option for iPhone to iPhone data transfer. FoneTool, one professional iOS data manager also provides the same function.
With its WhatsApp Transfer feature, you can transfer all chat history, photos, and videos from iPhone to new iPhone in one click. The transfer will not erase other existing data on the target device, so you can start the transfer at any time. Click the download button to get FoneTool.
FoneTool supports iPhones from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 15 lineup, iPhone SE 2022, works well with all versions of iOS, including the latest iOS 16.
Steps to Transfer Whats App Messages from iPhone to iPhone
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect two iPhones to computer via the USB cable > Choose WhatsApp Transfer.
2. Then it will list the source device and the target device > Click Transfer Now to start.
3. Click Confirm on the pop-up window.
4. Click OK and enter your passcode if your iOS version is 16 or later.
When the transfer is done, the target device will be restarted automatically. Then you need to do the following settings:
- App & Data: Select Don’t Transfer Apps & Data to keep the existing data on the device.
- Make this your new iPhone: Select Continue.
After that, you can go to check the WhatsApp messages on your new iPhone.
Steps to Transfer All Data including WhatsApp Messages
The iPhone to iPhone Transfer of FoneTool can help you transfer WhatsApp messages as well as other apps with their data files and preference. In addition, photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari history and bookmarks, and system settings will also be transferred at the same time.
USB transfer is more stable than wireless transfer. It takes less than half an hour to complete all transfers from iPhone to iPhone.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect old iPhone and new iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Phone Transfer option on the home interface > Go to iPhone to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Confirm the source device and target device > Enable backup encryption to encrypt data in the source iPhone if you want to > Click Start Transfer.
When the transfer is completed, the new iPhone will be restarted automatically.
In addition, you can use the mobile app of FoneTool to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly. It can help you transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts or any other data in Files app. You can scan the QR code or go to App Store to get it.
Does Quick Start transfer WhatsApp chats? Well, if both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or later, Apple support said it “should” but no guarantee. If you don't want to waste time, you can let FoneTool help you transfer WhatsApp as well as other data to new iPhone.
In addition, FoneTool can also help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup without data erasing.