How to Fix Apple ID Has Not Been Used in the iTunes Store
If your iOS device told you Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes Store, this post will give you useful solutions to fix it.
What does “Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes Store” mean?
Apple ID is very important when you are using a device based on iOS. In apps such as iCloud, iTunes, iMessage, App Store, Keychain Access, FaceTime, and more, you must have an Apple ID to make them work.
You may have come across the notification “Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes Store”. If your device is new and this is the first time you have used it to access iTunes or the App Store to download something, then the notifications will appear. Normally, you won't see this again after you've purchased or downloaded something for free.
However, a number of users have reported that this is not the first time they have used their Apple ID and still received this notification. This prevents them from using various services on the Apple platform.
Why did you receive the “Apple ID not yet used in iTunes Store” notification?
Many users often choose to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC with iTunes, or transfer photos, music with iTunes. If they are always getting the “this Apple ID has not yet used in iTunes”, notification, it can be quite troublesome. So, what may lead to this error?
- Your network connection is not stable.
- Terms and conditions are not accepted when you create the Apple ID.
- Your Apple ID and password are incorrect.
- The payment information is wrong.
- You used login information from different network connections when purchasing from the AppStore or using other Apple platforms.
After knowing the possible causes of this issue, we prepared 5 quick fixes to solve the “Apple ID not yet used in iTunes store” issue. Please read on to get them in detail.
5 solutions to fix Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes Store
There are 5 different methods to help you if you receive the “the Apple ID has not been used” prompt. You can try them one by one until the problem is successfully resolved.
Solution 1. Check your network connection
If there is a connection problem with the internet, you will receive the message "Apple ID not used in iTunes Store". Therefore, you should make sure that your Apple device is connected to a stable internet connection.
Simply check your Wi-Fi signal bar to know if your network is stable. If your Wi-Fi signal is weak and unstable for a long time, you may consider switching to a mobile data network.
Solution 2. Sign out and log in with your Apple ID
If you have an error with your Apple ID account and password, then you may also get the “This Apple ID has not yet been used in iTunes store” notification. So you can try signing out of your Apple ID and then logging in to it again. Just follow the simple steps to do it:
1. Go to Settings, and tap on your Apple ID at the top of the interface.
2. Tap on Sign Out at the bottom of the screen. Then you will be asked to enter the password.
3. On the Account interface, enter your Apple ID and password again and tap on Sign In.
Solution 3. Verify your Apple ID email address
If your email address has not been verified, you may be prevented from using Apple platforms. When you sign up for an Apple ID, you are required to enter a valid email address. You should make sure that the selected email is verified after the account-creating process. You can check the spam and junk in your email to find the missing verification. If you cannot find the verification email, you can verify a new Apple ID email address. Here are the easy steps to do it and you can refer to them:
1. Navigate to appleid.apple.com.
2. Click on Sign In, and enter your Apple ID details.
3. Choose Apple ID in the Sign-In and Security section.
4. Type in your new email in the blank.
5. Then verify your email after the code is sent to your email box.
Solution 4. Update the payment and shipping information
There may be something wrong with your payment and shipping information so you receive the Apple ID has not been used notification. Here are the simple steps to update the payment and shipping information on your device:
1. Go to Settings, then tap on your Apple ID on the top of the screen.
2. Tap on Payment & Shipping. Then enter your Apple ID details according to its instruction.
3. Press Add Payment Method to update the information.
Solution 5. Update your OS system
Sometimes, updating your OS system may fix bugs effectively. You can try updating your OS system if you are using macOS or iOS.
For iPhone and iPad users, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update, and tap on Download and Install.
For Mac users, you can go to System Preferences > Software Update > Upgrade Now.
Get another software for data transfer from iOS
You may often transfer videos from PC to iPhone with iTunes and use iTunes to transfer data between iOS devices. But you may encounter various problems while using iTunes and you can't preview your files, photos, videos, etc. on iTunes.
There is a lot of significant data on your iOS device and it is necessary for you to protect it better. A professional tool is more suitable for you. FoneTool is a free professional data transfer tool for iOS. With the help of it, you can:
- Backup your photos, videos, messages, contacts from iPhone to the PC.
- Preview all the data on your iPhone and select according to your needs.
- Transfer data between any Apple devices directly.
FoneTool supports all iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 13. It is perfectly compatible with iOS 15 as well. You can download the great tool on your PC to enjoy many useful features it provides.
⇒ Transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone to the PC.
2. On the home interface, select Phone Transfer and click Start Transfer under iPhone to iPhone.
3. Choose one iPhone as the source device, and choose another iPhone as the target device. Enable backup encryption to protect data.
4. After that, click Start Transfer to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone easily.
⇒ Transfer data from iPhone to computer
1. Run FoneTool, then connect iPhone to the computer.
2. Select Transfer to Computer in the Phone Transfer tab.
3. Then you can select the type of data: Photos/Music/Videos/Contacts. Here we take Photos as an example.
4. Then you can choose a storage path for your data, then click on Start Transfer.
That’s all about how to fix the “Apple ID has not been used in the iTunes Store” issue. We have introduced 5 different but useful solutions for you and you can refer to this guide. If you feel it is complex to fix such a problem and waste your time, we advise you to try the professional data transfer tool - FoneTool, which will help you protect data on your iPhone without effort.