Top 6 Ways to Fix Can’t Transfer Music to iPhone from iTunes
Can’t transfer music to iPhone from iTunes? This guide will tell you why iTunes won’t transfer music to iPhone and and the solution to this problem.
Problem: Can't Transfer Music to iPhone from iTunes
Why Can't Transfer Music to iPhone from iTunes?
iTunes is an official tool to manage music and other media files for Apple users. You can sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes or from iTunes to iPhone.
However, lots of users report that iTunes can’t manually transfer music to iPhone or iTunes failed to transfer music. Generally, the following are some common reasons that cause the "can't add music to iPhone from iTunes" issue.
● The music is not authorized by Apple music
● Your iPhone storage is out of space
● Haven't turned on share music from library to local work
● The “manually manage music” option is not checked in iTunes
Next, we will demonstrate several fixes to help you solve the problem.
How to Fix Can’t Transfer Music to iPhone from iTunes?
Before we get started, you need to know syncing music to iPhone with iTunes will overwrite the music library. And iTunes can’t transfer CD music to iPhone. If you prefer an easier and quicker way to transfer music to iPhone, just go to the next part to get the solution.
Tip 1. Check iPhone Storage
Lacking storage on iPhone might be the reason that you can’t transfer music to iPhone from iTunes. If you have selected several hundreds of songs to transfer, there should be at least several GB of free space on iPhone.
You need to check iPhone storage before sending music to iPhone. If you find that there is not enough space for music importing, delete some apps to receive the songs.
1. Go to Settings app on iPhone.
2. Select General section.
3. Scroll down to locate and select iPhone Storage.
Tip 2. Enable Share My Library on My Lock Work
You want to add music from a computer but iTunes won’t let you do so. This time, you need to get permission from iTunes.
1. Launch iTunes and click Edit at the top.
2. Select the Preferences section.
3. Click Share in the pop-up.
4. Check Share my library on my local work, click OK and close iTunes.
5. Open iTunes share music again.
Tip 3. Update iTunes
Old iTunes might not be able to support your latest iOS on iPhone, and there could also be some bugs not being fixed in the previous iTunes. Updating iTunes to the latest version may help fix the "can't add music to iPhone from iTunes" issue,
If you download iTunes from Microsoft Store, iTunes would check updates every time you open this application. If your iTunes comes from Apple Support, you need to manually update it.
Simply click Help at the top of iTunes and select Check for Updates.
Tip 4. Turn on Manually Manage Music and Videos
You need to allow iTunes to add or delete music to iPhone. Otherwise, you may meet the can't transfer music to iPhone problem.
1. Connect iPhone to iTunes with USB cable.
2. Click the device icon in the upper-left corner.
3. Select Summary in the sidebar.
4. Scroll down the windows to find Options at the bottom.
5. Check Manually manage music and videos.
Tip 5. Disable iCloud Music Library
iTunes won’t transfer music to iPhone when iCloud Music Library is enabled. It means you need to turn off iCloud Music Library if you have subscribed to Apple Music.
1. Go to Settings app on iPhone.
2. Locate and select Music
3. Switch off iCloud Music Library.
Tip 6. Turn off iTunes Match
You can't manually add music to iPhone if iTunes Match is on. So you will find that you can't transfer music to iPhone. To disable iTunes Match, you can make it in iTunes or on iPhone.
● Open iTunes > Select Account > Choose View My Account > Enter Apple ID password > Scroll down to the Cloud section > Turn off iTunes Match.
● On iPhone: Go to Settings app > Tap iTunes & App Store > Choose your Apple ID > Tap Subscriptions > Find iTunes Match and tap Cancel Subscription.
iTunes Won't Transfer Music to iPhone? Try FoneTool!
If all the methods above failed, you might need to employ another iOS transfer tool. Besides, iTunes can only add and drag Apple music to your iPhone and it won’t let you move CD music.
Then lots of users will turn to another iOS transfer tool named FoneTool, which is an excellent backup & transfer tool allowing you to transfer CD, Apple music to iPhone. It owns various advantages making it to be one of the best ways to transfer music to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Step 1. Download FoneTool and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. From the left pane, choose Phone Tranfer > Locate PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Drag and drop music from computer to the box or click the folder icon to locate and add music.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer to send songs to your iPhone immediately.
Note: It also allows you to transfer purchased and non-purchased music from iPhone to computer without effort.
That's all about how to fix the can't transfer music to iPhone from iTunes problem. The key to solving this problem is to ensure that all settings are correct.
There is also a perfect iTunes alternative for you. FoneTool is easier to use than iTunes when transferring music. It could also be used to backup iPhone to computer.
Is this passage helpful? You could share it to help more people.