Need to airdrop music from iPhone to iPhone?
How can I airdrop music to someone
How do airdrop a song on my iPhone 13 to someone who uses an iPhone? thanks
- Question from an iPhone user
iPhone is not only a tool for communication but also an excellent media player. You could enjoy the beautiful melody with it. At the same time, it also allows you to easily share music tracks with your friends and family.
If you use an Android phone, you may need to transfer music tracks with Bluetooth when the recipient is nearby, but the transfer speed could be slow. iPhone shows its unique feature here. You could transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop. It is like an upgraded Bluetooth but faster than Bluetooth.
There’s something important you should know AirDrop doesn’t transfer music tracks yet it would send a link not the file. If you want to transfer music files, you should use the second method in this passage.
Since AirDrop is an iPhone built-in tool, you could only use it between iPhones. Let's start to transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop.
How to AirDrop Music from iPhone to iPhone
Before using AirDrop, you should do some preparation on your iPhone.
- AirDrop is another kind of Bluetooth-like tool so it only allows you to transfer music to the device within about 30 feet.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both iPhones should be turned on. You don’t have to connect iPhone to available Wi-Fi. AirDrop just needs this to build a connection between iPhone. Don’t keep personal hotspot on, because it would force shut down Wi-Fi.
- You should check the AirDrop setting on the target iPhone. Go to Settings > General > AirDrop and you would see Receiving Off, Contacts Only and Everyone. If the source iPhone is a contact on the target iPhone, choose Contacts Only; if not, then select Everyone. You could enter AirDrop settings by swiping down from the upper-right corner to enter Control Center and then tap the icon of AirDrop.
Now you are ready to transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop.
Steps to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone Using AirDrop
Step 1. Open Music and play the song you want to transfer. Tap the three dots in the lower right corner and select Share Song.
Step 2. The device nearby which is ready for AirDrop would be automatically shown or you need to manually tap AirDrop to look for the target device.
Step 3. After you find the device, tap it and then your request would be sent to the target iPhone. Prompt that someone would like to share your file would be sent to the target iPhone first. Tap Accept to complete the transfer.
If you have other music tracks to transfer, repeat the steps.
An Easy Way to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone
AirDrop can only help you transfer music tracks. If you want to transfer music files from iPhone to iPhone, you’d better try a powerful tool, FoneTool. It is a professional file transfer for iPhone and it would surely help you transfer songs to your friends or family as many as you wish.
Preview Music Tracks: You could preview the music on your iPhone before you transfer them to computer and select the needed ones rather than the whole folder.
Quickly Transfer: Speed is the most advantage of FoneTool. Your task would be completed in seconds.
Flexible Transfer: It allows you to restore files to another device including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You could also transfer files to different versions of iOS, so don’t worry you use iOS12, while the target iPhone runs iOS 11.
Widely Compatible: It supports the latest iPhone 14/13/12/11, iPad 8/Air 4, and also supports iOS 16/15.
Steps to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone with FoneTool
Now you are ready to use this application, follow the instruction below to transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone. You could transfer the music tracks on your iPhone to PC and then transfer them to the target iPhone. After the task, you could still keep the copy on your computer.
Step 1. Download, install and run FoneTool. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Run FoneTool, and click "Phone Transfer" on the left side of main interface. Move mouse on the "iPhone to PC" and click "Start Transfer".
Step 3. Click the "+" icon to add music. And they will be listed here. Choose a storage path, and click "Transfer".
Step 4. Disconnect your iPhone and plug in the target iPhone.
Step 5. On FoneTool. Choose "Phone Transfer" > "PC to iPhone". Then click the "+" icon to add music from the PC.
Step 6. Click "Start Transfer" to save songs on the targeted iPhone.
Later, you can enjoy your music on the target iPhone.
You could easily transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop under the instruction above. However, AirDrop just allows you to transfer one song every time. Besides, it will only transfer the track not the file. If you want to transfer music files, you’d better use PhoneTool to conveniently transfer as many songs as you want. It can help you transfer purchased and non-purchased music without effort. Go download FoneTool!
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad