Can You Transfer Music from One Apple ID to Another?
There are various reasons why users want to transfer data from one Apple ID to another. For example, you may just get a new iPad or iPhone and want to use a new Apple ID or you’d like to separate from the previous account shared with family. So can you transfer Apple music to new Apple ID?
However, due to copyright considerations, there is no official way to transfer songs or other content between the two Apple accounts. The music or other purchased items are just linked to the particular Apple ID. Fortunately, there are other ways that can help you transfer songs from one Apple ID to another. Just keep reading to learn more.
How to Transfer Music from One Apple ID to Another?
The easiest way to transfer music between devices that using the different Apple ID is to rely on a professional iOS data transfer tool like AOMEI MBackupper.
★ No Apple ID Restrictions. It provides an easy solution to transfer data between iDevice and iDevice & iDevice and computer.
★ Purchased & Non-Purchased Music. It allows you to transfer purchased songs or other songs you download from other sources.
★ Quickly Transfer Need Items. It lets you transfer all music in 1-click or preview and select the songs you need.
★ No Data Erasing. Promise not to lose any existing data stored on device during transfer process.
Now free download this tool on computer and follow the steps below to transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone that using the different Apple IDs in two steps: transfer songs from iPhone to computer > add music to another iPhone.
Steps to Transfer Music from One iCloud Account to Another
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in the source iPhone to computer. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPhone to give the software access your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs you need > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose a destination > Click Transfer to transfer iPhone music to computer.
5. Unplug the source iPhone and plug in the target iPhone > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs you’d like to add to iPhone > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Transfer > Click OK when the transfer is completed.
How to Transfer Music from One iTunes Account to Another?
Here are the steps to transfer music from one iTunes account to another on computer. It can help you merge the iTunes library. However, please be aware that it cannot transfer non-purchased music and you may find duplicates after transferring.
Step 1. Backup Old iTunes Account to Other Places
- Find the location of iTunes Media folder:
Open iTunes > Go to Edit (PC) or iTunes (Mac) > Preferences > Advanced and you find see the iTunes Media folder location.
- Consolidate iTunes Library to ensure all contents are saved in iTunes Media folder:
Click File > Library > Organize Library > Select Consolidate files option > Click OK. (It may take several minutes depending on the size of your library.) > Quit iTunes.
- Copy iTunes Media folder to other place:
You can copy the iTunes Media folder to an external hard drive or USB flash drive according to your situation.
Step 2. Copy the Data to New iTunes Account
- Plug in the USB flash drive or external hard drive to new computer.
- Copy the iTunes Media folder to its place.
Above are methods to transfer music from one Apple ID to another & transfer music from one iTunes account to another. Although there is no way to transfer Apple music to new Apple ID, with AOMEI MBackupper, you can easily transfer songs among different devices that using the different Apple IDs. Just try it now!