iTunes lets you easily get to your favorite albums from its library. You can enjoy the media files on your computer or laptop. If you have switched to another computer, it is necessary to transfer the iTunes library to another Windows 10, 8, 7 computer.
You might have done this before but haven’t transferred all the details you need. That’s because there are several ways to do iTunes library sync among multiple computers and each of them transfers different songs and information. The following sections will guide you on how to transfer iTunes library to another computer Windows and macOS in every way.
The first way to perform it is to use an external hard drive. you can just copy the songs you want to move to the external drive and then transfer them the other computer.
The method is simple but transfers no other information like playlists or genres. It is recommended to use this way when you transfer music from other resources (not bought in iTunes) and want to build new playlists on new Windows PC.
Step 1. Plug external drive to old computer and locate the folder of your songs.
Step 2. Copy the songs to the external drive and then disconnect it.
Step 3. Connect external drive to your new PC and paste the folder to the local drive.
Step 4. Open iTunes and click File > Add File to Library. Locate the media folder and import music to iTunes library.
The fastest way to transfer all your playlist is using .XML file. You just need to generate and copy the .XML file (usually several KB or MB) and the transfer process could be finished in 1 minute. How can you do this? You can use this method only when all of your songs are purchased from iTunes, or iTunes could not play the music.
1. Open iTunes on old PC and click File > Library > Export Library.
2. Copy the .XML file Library to your external drive and then paste it to your new PC.
3. Open iTunes on your new PC, click File > Library > Import Playlist, and open the .XML file.
All the purchased and non-purchased music could be transferred together and you can perfectly keep the same iTunes library on two computers. The disadvantages are that you need to prepare an external HDD to save all your songs and this could take a long time. You can also use this method to backup iTunes library.
1. Plug your external HDD to computer and copy the whole folder of your media files to HDD. You can find them in C:\Users\YourUserName\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media. You need to copy the whole folder of iTunes because there is the necessary .itl file. To make sure you could copy all the music, open iTunes and click File > Library > Consolidate Files to let iTunes send all the copies of your music to this folder.
2. Save the folder to your new computer. Press and hold Shift Key and open iTunes. You will receive the notification to Choose iTunes Library.
3. Select Choose Library and then open the file iTunes Library.itl in the folder of iTunes to restore your iTunes library.
Sometimes, you might encounter an issue like "can’t transfer music to iPhone" You can also turn to a professional iOS transfer tool like AOMEI MBackupper. It helps you to transfer the iTunes library to your iPhone and iPod Touch. It can enjoy your music on the iOS device, and also, if you need, you can also transfer iTunes music from the iPhone, iPod to another computer later. You can transfer your iTunes library to your iPhone to listen to your favorite songs everywhere.
Simple Operation: You just need to drag and drop music from PC to iPhone.
Fast Speed: AOMEI MBackupper is the fast iPhone music transfer.
Widely Support: AOMEI MBackupper supports iOS 14.5/iOS 14/13, iPhone 12/11, iPad 8/Air 4, and iPod Touch.
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to PC with USB cable.
Step 2. Select Transfer to iPhone on the home screen.
Step 3. Drag and drop music from your iTunes library to the box.
Step 4. Click Transfer to import music to iPhone immediately.
iTunes could play all of your songs on computer. When you need to transfer iTunes library to another computer (Windows 10, 8, 7), you could use the 3 methods in this passage to transfer the music you need.
Importing iTunes library from PC to iPhone will be no longer complicated with AOMEI MBackupper. You can easily transfer music to any iOS device with it.
Is this guide helpful? You could share it to help more people.