iPad as well as iPhone are awesome portable music players. Now you may just get the new iPhone and want to transfer some iPad songs to it. According to different situations, there are 6 ways to complete the transmission.
Whether you have a computer or not, whether you want to make it via iTunes or not, you can find the feasible method. Just keep reading to see how to transfer music from iPad to iPhone 12, 11, XR, XS, X, 8.
Part 1. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone with Computer
Whether you want to transfer a large number of songs or a few songs, you can do it on your computer easily. There are two workable methods: let iTunes helps you transfer purchased songs or try one transfer tool to transfer both purchased and non-purchased music.
Way 1. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone Using iTunes
Under copyright considerations, iTunes will only let users transfer purchased items between computer and iDevice. To transfer music from iPad to iPhone with iTunes, you should first sync iPad music to iTunes and then add songs to iPhone.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Plug in your iPad and run iTunes.
3. Click File > Choose Devices > Select Transfer Purchases from “your iPad name”.
4. Unplug your iPad and plug in your iPhone.
5. Click Song > Click Songs > Select the song you’d like to transfer to iPhone > Right-click the song and choose Add to Device.
6. Select your iPhone name and it will transfer the song to your device.
Way 2. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone without iTunes
To transfer purchased and non-purchased songs, you can rely on AOMEI MBackupper - one free iOS data transfer tool. It lets you transfer the music library in 1-click or just share the selected songs as per your needs.
What’s more, it supports transfering music between two devices using the different Apple IDs.
Now free download this tool on computer and follow the steps below to transfer songs from iPad to iPhone in two steps: transfer songs from iPad to computer > add music to iPhone.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in your iPad to computer. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPad to give the software access your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs you’d like to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose a destination > Click Transfer to transfer iPad music to computer.
5. Unplug your iPad and plug in your iPhone > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs that exported from iPad > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Transfer to transfer music to iPhone > Click OK when the transfer is completed.
Part 2. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone without Computer
If you do not have a computer at hand, you can try these 4 methods to transfer music from iPad to iPhone wirelessly.
Way 1. Sync Music from iPad to iPhone via Apple Music
If you have subscribed to Apple Music (a paid option), you can go to Settings > Music to turn on Sync Library. You will not see the Sync Library option if you don’t subscribe to Apple Music.
Way 2. Get Music from iPad to iPhone via iTunes Store
If the iPad and iPhone are using the same Apple account, you can go to iTunes Store to download the purchased songs on iPhone.
On iPhone: Go to iTunes Store > Tap More > Tap Purchased > Select Music > Tap Not on This iPhone’s tab > Tap All Songs > Tap the Download icon to save songs on device.
Way 3. Share Music from iPad to iPhone via Email
Email is also a quick way to transfer music from iPad to iPhone wirelessly. It’s a recommended method to transfer 5 to 10 songs
On iPad: Go to Mail app > Tap Compose to launch an email creation window > Enter the email address > Tap Add Attachment to select the song > Tap Send.
On iPhone: Open Mail app > Check the email and download the song on device.
Way 4. Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone via AirDrop
The built-in AirDrop technology provides an easy way to share data between iPhone and iPad. Indeed you can transfer music from iPad to iPhone using AirDrop, but it will only share the link of the song, not the song itself.
- Turn on AirDrop on iPhone and iPad: Open Control Center > Enable AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
- On iPad: Open Music app > Find the song you’d like to share > Click the three-dots icon to open the Share option > Click Share Song > Tap iPhone as the destination device.
- On iPhone: A pop-up message will appear and click View to check the link.
That’s all for how to transfer music from iPad to iPhone with or without computer. If you have a computer, AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice to transfer purchased and non-purchased songs. If you want to transfer music from iPad to iPhone wirelessly, you can make it through Apple Music, iTunes Store, Email, or AirDrop.