How to Backup iPhone Music to iTunes/iCloud/Computer
Want to know how to backup music on iPhone? This guide will show you how to backup iPhone music to iCloud, iTunes, and computer.
Want to Backup iPhone Music?
Most of us have stored lots of songs on iPhone, so we can enjoy music anytime and anywhere. However, you may lose all your songs due to various situations such as accidental deletion, loss or theft. You can always buy yourself a new iPhone but you may never be able to get your music library back.
Here in this guide, I’ll show you three methods to help you backup music on iPhone. In this way, you can quickly recover your music library when it is accidentally lost. You can first read and choose the most suitable method according to your situation.
Part 1. How to Backup iPhone Music to iCloud
There are two methods to backup music to iCloud. You can choose to manually backup iPhone music to iCloud via the Settings or enable iCloud music library sync.
Please note that iCloud will only help you backup the purchase history of music or iCloud music library. If you want to backup music downloaded from other sources, please go to Part 3 to get the method.
Backup iPhone Music to iCloud via iCloud Backup
1. Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings > Tap your name.
3. Choose iCloud > iCloud Backup > Toggle it on if it is off. When your iPhone is plugged in, locked, and connected to WLAN, it will automatically perform the data backup.
4. Or you can tap Back Up Now to run a backup at once.
Backup iPhone Music to iCloud with Apple Music
If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can turn on iCloud music library sync to backup your iPhone music. In this way, you can access all your music collections across all your devices that logged in with the same Apple ID, such as iPad, iPod, Mac or PC.
1. Go to Settings > Tap Music.
2. Enable iCloud Music Library. (You will only see this option if you have an Apple Music subscription.)
3. A pop-up window will appear and you should choose Keep Music option.
To enable iCloud music library sync on your Mac or PC:
On Mac: open the Music app > choose Music - Preferences from the menu bar at the top of your screen > go to the General tab and select Sync Library to turn it on > click OK.
On PC: open iTunes > choose Edit -- Preferences > go to the General tab and select Sync Library to turn it on > click OK.
Part 2. How to Backup iPhone Music to iTunes
iTunes is the default program for iPhone content management. It’s also a good idea to choose to backup iPhone music to iTunes. Also, there are two methods to make it. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Backup iPhone Music to iTunes via iTunes Backup
Connect your iPhone to computer > Click the Device tab > Choose This computer > Click Back Up Now button. Then it will start backing up your iPhone data including your music. You have no option to check the backup files unless you choose to perform a restore. If you want to only backup iPhone music to computer, you can go to Part 3 to get the method.
Backup Purchased Songs to iTunes
1. Open iTunes > Go to the Account > Authorizations and choose to Authorize This Computer in order to get the computer permitted to access and use your Apple ID.
2. Next, log in with your Apple ID and password, then click on the Authorize button to ensure the computer is authorized to play iTunes Store purchases.
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, select File > Devices, and choose Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name] to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes.
When the process is finished, you can click Recently Added in the left panel of iTunes to check the newly imported songs. You can click the Download button to download it on your computer. If you don't see the Download icon, the music is already on your computer. If you want to locate the downloaded songs, you can click File and choose Show in Windows Explorer to make it.
Part 3. How to Backup iPhone Music to Computer
If you neither want to backup iPhone music with iCloud nor iTunes, then you can choose to backup iPhone music to computer. One easy-to-use iPhone backup, transfer and restore tool named FoneTool can help you finish the job in a few minutes.
● It lets you transfer iPhone music to computer or create an image backup for your music library.
● It allows you to selectively backup purchased and non-purchased songs from iPhone to computer.
● It enables you to backup iPhone music to computer, external hard drive, USB flash drive, or NAS.
● You can transfer or restore songs back to your iPhone and it will not erase any existing iPhone data.
This tool supports all types of iPhones from iPhone 4 to the new iPhone 13/14 and is also fully compatible with the latest iOS 15/16. Download the tool and follow the steps below to backup iPhone music to computer.
Example: Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer.
2. On the home screen, choose Phone Transfer on the left column > Move mouse to iPhone to PC, and click "Start Transfer"
3. Click the Music icon to choose the songs you want to transfer.
4. Click Start Transfer button > You can choose set a storage path when the Transfer Settings Prompts, and click Transfer to export iPhone music to computer.
Now you know three methods to backup iPhone music. Compared to using iTunes or iCloud, backing up iPhone music to computer is a better way. You can backup both your purchased and non-purchased songs. Besides, you have the option to access the songs on computer and can restore them back to your iPhone anytime you want.
Besides music backup, FoneToo can also help you backup your photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc. Just download FoneTool to enjoy a new way to protect your iPhone data!