Question: How Do I Transfer Music from iPhone to External Hard Drive?
The storage space of iPhone/iPad is much more compared to the past, however, a large number of music files will consume lots of space. Now you find that there is no more storage space to put new files. In this case, you have no choice but to delete some songs from device to free up space.
Every song is your favorite. To avoid losing them, you want to transfer music from iPhone or iPad to external hard drive, right? Thus, your songs will be stored safely and they will not occupy computer storage space. So how to transfer music from iPhone to external hard drive?
You may have already tried to make it using iTunes, however, the truth is that iTunes only allows you to transfer purchased songs. Fortunately, iTunes isn’t the only option to transfer data from iPhone/iPad to computer on this planet. There’s one easy-to-use transfer tool that can help you transfer both purchased and non-purchased music from iPhone/iPad to external hard. Keep reading to learn more.
Part 1. Quick & Easy Way to Transfer Music from iPhone iPad to External Hard Drive
To transfer music from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive in an easy, quick, safe way, FoneTool - one professional iOS data management tool can be your first choice.
● Supports Purchased & Non-purchased Songs. It can transfer any songs downloaded from different sources.
● Transfer Selected Songs. It lets you transfer all songs in one click or only transfer the selected songs.
● Save to Any Drive. It allows you to transfer iPad songs to computer, USB flash drive, or external hard drive.
With the user-friendly interface, you can complete the transfer in only a few clicks. Free download this tool on computer and next we will show you how to transfer music from iPhone to external hard drive.
Best iPhone Transfer Software
Fully compatible with almost all types of iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and latest iOS 16 (also compatible with older iOS versions) and Win 11/10/8.1/8/7. Transfer data in an easy, quick, safe way. More »
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer. (Enter the passcode on your iPhone to allow the software to access your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Phone Transfer. Select the iPhone to PC transfer mode. Click Start Transfer to continue.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs that you want to transfer to your external hard drive > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose the external hard drive as the destination on Transfer Settings> Click Start Transfer to start.
5. When the transfer is completed, click OK to confirm.
Part 2. Transfer Purchased Music from iPhone iPad to External Hard Drive via iTunes
iTunes helps you transfer purchased music from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive. You should first sync iPad songs to iTunes > Then download songs on computer > Finally copy and paste songs to external hard drive.
Please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
1. Run iTunes and plug in your iPad. (Tap Trust on your device when asked.)
2. Click Account > Authorization > Authorize This Computer...
3. Click File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from “[your device name]”.
4. Then you can click Recently Added to check your songs.
5. Download songs on your computer.
You can select the song and click the Download button to save the song on your computer.
If you don’t see the Download button, you can right-click the song > choose Show in Windows Explorer to open the directory where your music files are located.
6. Copy and paste songs to your external hard drive.
As you can see from the above, compared to iTunes, FoneTool provides an easier way to help you transfer both purchased and non-purchased music from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive directly. Just give it a free try by yourself!
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad