Are you still listening to CD? Compared with digital music, CD is quite an old way to enjoy music but it still doesn’t reduce the joy. According to the survey of Nielsen, there are still many people who would like to buy CD.
Like other storage mediums, CD just carries your music files. If you wish, you can extract them to your computer and transfer songs to your iPhone. Since you can’t drag and drop music files from computer to iPhone, you need to know some techniques to export music from CD and import music into your iPhone. The following content is the detailed steps to transfer CD to iPhone without iTunes.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from CD to iPhone without iTunes
To transfer music from CD to iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7, you should first export songs from CD to computer and then add them to your iPhone.
Step 1. Transfer Songs from Your CD into Computer
The way to extract music from CD is using Windows Media Player. It is the common software to play music on Windows. You can easily find it on Windows 10/8/7.
1. Click the Windows Start button to find Windows Media Player or directly search it in the search bar on desktop.
2. Insert your CD into computer. After a while, if it is successfully read by your computer, the playlist would automatically appear in Windows Media Player.
Sometimes you find that you could view and copy songs from your CD but the format of the songs might not be supported by iPhone. You need to rip the audio CD to computer to save them as MP3 files.
3. In Windows Media Player, you need to click Rip Settings > expand More options > select Rip Music > in Format section, set the format as MP3 > click Apply > click OK > in Windows Media player, tick the music you want to transfer in your CD > click Rip CD. Wait for the ripping process completed.
Your CD would be saved to C:\Users\[user name]\Music.
Step 2. Transfer CD to iPhone without iTunes
As is mentioned above, you can’t directly copy the songs to the internal storage of iPhone. You need a tool. AOMEI MBackupper would help you. It is a professional iPhone data transfer. You can select the songs you want to transfer. Besides, it will not erase any existing songs or any other data on your iPhone.
1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. On the home screen of iPhone, you would see an option Transfer to iPhone. Clicking it means you would like to transfer data from computer to iPhone.
3. Click any area in the box and then you could add the music you export from PC into AOMEI MBackupper. If the folder Music has already been opened, you could also directly drag and drop the files into the box.
4. After all the wanted music has been added into AOMEI MBackupper. Click the button Transfer to transfer the selected songs into your iPhone.
Note: Besides computer to iPhone transfer, AOMEI MBackupper can also help you transfer music from iPhone to computer without effort.
Part 2. How to Transfer CD to iPhone with iTunes
If you are an iTunes user, you could also import CD to iTunes and then sync songs to iPhone. Before that, you need to change the settings to make sure the songs are available later.
Step 1. Import CD to iTunes
Open iTunes, click Edit > then select Preferences > in General section, click Import Settings > in the section Import Using, select MP3 Encoder > tick Use error correction when reading Audio CDs > click OK and then quit the window > insert your CD to computer > click the CD icon when it appears in iTunes > click Import CD. It would take 10 minutes or longer.
Step 2. Sync Songs from iTunes to iPhone
Open iTunes > plug in your iPhone > click the Device tab > choose Music > select Sync Music > choose the songs you need > click Apply. Please note that it will erase the existing iPhone music. If you do not want to lose any songs, you can refer to Part 1 to see how to transfer CD to iPhone without iTunes.
Songs on CD could also be converted into digital music on your computer and then you could transfer CD to iPhone to listen to Music anytime and anywhere. If you want to transfer music from CD to iPhone without iTunes, AOMEI MBackupper can be a good choice. It can help you add needed songs to iPhone without data erase. Go for it now and discover more!