Contacts are one of the most important data on iPhone for most users. It not only contains the phone numbers but also the email address, birthday and other information of family and friends. It’s really difficult to rebuild the whole address book if you lose it so you tend to make a backup for your contacts.
Actually, there are several methods that can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to computer. Since iTunes is the official management tool for Apple devices, you want to rely on it to help you transfer contacts. Well, keep reading to see how to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC with iTunes.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to PC with iTunes
You may know that iTunes can help you backup the whole iPhone content. Actually, it also lets you only transfer contacts to computer and the contacts will be saved in a readable format. You can also choose to export the contacts to CSV that can be opened with a spreadsheet app like Microsoft Excel. Let’s start to see how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer with iTunes.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to PC with iTunes
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
2. Click the Device tab > Click Info.
3. Check the box “Sync Contacts with” > Select “Windows Contacts”.
4. Check All Contacts > Click Sync to start the transfer.
To check the transferred contacts, you can go to Start and type your username > Open the username folder and then you can see the Contacts folder. If you want to convert it to CSV format, follow the steps below to make it.
1. Open the Contacts folder > Click Export option > Select CSV (Comma Separated Values) and click Export.
3. Select the fields you wish you export > Click Finish to start the export.
When it is finished, a pop-up window will appear to tell you the contacts have been exported in the new format, just click OK to close the window.
An Easy Way to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to PC
From the above, you know how to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC using iTunes. If you accidentally lose your iPhone contacts, you can also choose to sync the transferred contacts to iPhone.
However, it will only allow you to transfer all or selected group contacts. What if you only want to transfer or restore one or two items? In addition, you may lose contacts because of wrong operations. If you prefer an easy and safe way to transfer contacts between iPhone and computer, you can let FoneTool help you make it.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data manager for Windows PCs, which supports data backup and data transfer. It can help you put your important contacts in the right place in a few clicks.
◆ Selective Transfer - It lets you preview and select the contacts you want to transfer.
◆ Export to Two Formats - It allows you to export iPhone contacts to CSV or VCF directly.
◆ Transfer between All Your Devices - iPhone to computer, computer to iPhone, iPhone to iPad.
This tool supports most iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 14/13/12 and is fully compatible with the latest iOS 16/15. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to transfer iPhone contacts to computer.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
1. Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Enter your passcode on iPhone so the software can access your device.
2. Click Phone Transfer option > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
3. Preview and select the contacts you want to transfer to PC and click the OK button.
4. Click Start Transfer > Select the storage path > Select the format you prefer > Finally, click Transfer.
If you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, you can first transfer contacts from the source iPhone to computer and then transfer contacts from computer to the target iPhone.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer with iTunes. You can save your contacts in CSV format as per your needs. If you want to directly transfer iPhone contacts to CSV or VCF format, FoneTool is a better choice.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad