Recently, I deleted the recovery partition on my Asus computer by mistaken when I reinstall the Windows 8. I thought it comes with Windows, so it will come back after reinstalling my Windows operating system. Is it possible to get the Asus Recovery partition again? Now, how can I recover my factory Asus Recovery partition and please show me the detailed steps, Please help me out, Thanks a lot.
Asus Recovery Partition
Asus Recovery Partition is a hidden partition contains pre-load Windows operating system to restore computer to its factory settings in desktop or All-in-one PCs. You could press F9 when booting to reset your PC if system crashed. By the way, other brands of the computer, like HP, Lenovo, Acer, Dell, Toshiba, and IBM, etc. will also snap-in a Recovery Partition to recovery your computer to default settings.
However, if you changed the original hard drive, delete recovery partition or the hard drive got crashed on Asus computer, you will find the F9 does not work when accessing Asus Recovery Partition to restore your system, and unable to reset your PC. How to fix this serious problem?
Can I restore Asus Recovery partition quickly?
Absolutely, you can restore the recovery partition quickly after lost. According to the problem, if you have some ISO file or backup files created before deletion, you could restore your Asus Recovery Partition obviously. For Windows 8, and 8.1, you could use Asus Backtracker for free to restore the computer from the image file to factory settings. Neverthless, you might encounter Asus Backtracker failed to create factory default backup; and if you are running Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 10, you will get the error “ASUS Backtracker does not support your system”. So, how to fix Asus Recovery Partition cannot be found problem? Here are the solutions might valuable for you.
Complete solutions to repair Asus Recovery Partition missing problem
We will introduce several methods to help you to restore Asus Recovery Partition after accidently deleting, follow me.
Solution 1: Create a new Recovery Partition in Windows
For example to create a new recovery partition in Windows 8:
1. First, you could free download an ISO file for Asus recovery disk from Microsoft. Then create a Windows installation media for Windows, search the sources folder for install.esd, which is the recovery partition that is currently useless.
2. Move it to a location on your hard drive, and convert it to install.wim via some tools to make it work. Then copy the install.wim file to a new folder on your C:\Win81-Recovery.
3. Now register the file to let Windows recognize it and create a recovery partition. Input cmd in search box and choose Command Prompt, run as administrator.
4. Then type the command line to register the install.wim file as the recovery image:
However, this way need some skills and is kind of complex for ordinary people. Is there an easier way to fix Asus Recovery Partition missing problem?
Solution 2: AOMEI OneKey Recovery
Don’t worry, here is the savior. The best system backup and restore software – AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional will help you to create a new factory recovery partition easily in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2003/2008 (R2)/2012 (R2)/2016, SBS 2003/2008/2011, WHS 2011 (all editions, both 32-bit and 64-bit). After creating the factory recovery partition, you could restore your computer to its factory settings or a previously backup state with a special key – F11 (by default) or A key when booting up.
Here is how to create factory Recovery Partition with detailed instructions:
First, download this powerful software – AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional, after installing, run this program. Click OneKey System Backup on the home window.
2. Tick Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition (Recommended) or Backup system to other location (take the first option for example). Hit Next.
Backup Options: you are allowed to compress the backup image and encrypt it with password.
You could backup system to other locations, including an internal secondary disk, an external hard drive, or a removable USB flash drive, etc.
3. Select a partition to save the factory recovery partition that will be created, Press Start Backup.
4. After a few minutes, your Windows operating system will be backed up and a facotry recovery partition will be created in the selected partition automatically.
5. After that, you could click the Setting icon at the upper right corner to set enable the boot menu, and set F11 or A key to enter AOMEI recovery environment during system startup, or disable boot menu, etc.
Now, you can see these partitions created by AOMEI OneKey Recovery, like this:
For GPT disk, you will get two partitions: AOMEI (boot partition) and AOMEI Recovery Partition (contains system image file suffix with .adi).
For MBR disk, you will get only one AOMEI Recovery Partition.
All these two partitions are hidden by default.
This powerful software also applied to other brands computers, like HP, Lenovo, Acer, Dell, Toshiba, and IBM, etc.
Now, you could want to onekey recovery system to ealier state or factory settings to fix Asus Recovery Partition missing problem via F11 or A key. To schedule backup your system, you could try the best free backup software - AOMEI Backupper will help you to backup system schedule. If you have sereval computers to backup and restore, you could try the Family License of Professional edition.