What Is “Acer Boot Recovery”?
The term “Acer boot recovery” we usually say is the short expression for Acer system recovery when boot up the computer. People who make use of this method is because that their original OS failed to boot up and they can’t enter into Windows to carry out recovery operations. And, if a user can enter into Windows, it proves that his current operating system is working and he does not need to restore system then.
Then, why recover OS the moment the machine boots up? It is that only when boot up the computer, the shortcut key (Alt + F10) to enter recovery environment, where system recovery tool – Acer eRecovery Management is available.
How to Do Acer Boot recovery Easily with Alt + F10 key
As it implies above, Acer boot recovery is just to recover system when computer boots up. For Acer system recovery when the machine is off, just follow the steps below.
1. Get into Acer one recovery environment. Power on the computer and continuously press “Alt + F10” when its logo shows up until it response to your pressing. Then, it will turn into Acer PC recovery environment and eRecovery Management will pop up automatically. This is the start of Acer boot recovery.
2. In its main interface, on the left side, choose “Restore”. And, there are three options for you to choose from:
- Restore Factory Settings: This will erase all the data on system C Partition and make it looks like the first time you get your computer.
- Customized Restore (Retain User Data): This will only recover your OS while transfer your account data to c\backup file. It sounds better than the first one but it will also keep persistent viruses or malware. That is to say, your new recovered system may be attacked again by these kept viruses or malware.
- Reinstall Drivers or Applications: This will only reinstall factory default drivers or applications.
3. Select the one which suits you most. Here, I will take Customized Restore for example. But if you want to restore Acer system to factory default, select "Restore Factory Settings".
4. After choosing “Customized Restore”, a message will pop up informing you what will be removed and what will be kept. Click “Next” to continue.
5. Then, a confirmation message will show itself up, just select “Refresh”.
It will start to refresh the computer. After a few minutes, when it finishes, it will restart and you will see a refreshed operating system with some settings needed to be configured.
Another way to perform Acer System Recovery (No data loss)
Acer Recovery Management is helpful when your computer stop working or is not responding, but all of the restore options (Restore Factory Settings or Customize Restore) provided by it will delete your personal data and installed programs. If you don't want to lose any data after system recovery, try one reliable backup and restore software - AOMEI OneKey Recovery.
With it, you can backup system to recovery partition and other locations, such as, external hard drive. And it allows you schedule backup system with daily, weekly or monthly scheduler. Thus, you can keep everything you store on the system partition and get it back when something bad happens. Besides, you can enable fast recovery key (F11 or A) or boot menu to access this software easily and quickly.
Supposing you have created a system recovery partition, let's learn how to do Acer system recovery in simple steps.
1. Get into AOMEI recovery environment. Power on the computer and continuously press “A” or “F11” (it depends on your settings when you create backup) when its logo shows up until it responses to your pressing. Then, it will enter AOMEI recovery environment and OneKey Recovery will pop up automatically.
2. In its main window, choose “OneKey System Recovery” to go on.
3. Select from where to restore system, AOMEI OneKey Recovery partition or a system image file, depending on where you have stored the system backup you have created or your personal preference. Here, take the first one for example.
4. It will inform you about overwritten of restoration destination. Confirm it and click “Start Restore” to do Acer PC recovery.
The process will take a few minutes. During the process, the computer will restart several times. Finally, you will get a new recovered operating system just like the moment you create the system backup.
In nowadays network environment, there are many threats which might damage your system in the next moment. Thus, to protect your OS, you’d better have your own measures. Firstly, you can rely on computer built in tool. Yet, when the snap in program is unavailable, don’t forget there is a third-party program that can help!
And usually, the third-party software is more powerful and feature-rich. For example, this software also applies to other brandy computer, such as, Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba, Samsung, Sony, HP, Asus, etc. And it allows you to compress or encrypt the backup image if needed. Also, you can backup system at a specific interval.
If you still don't have a backup, you can download this software and create one right now!