[Solved] Can Erased iPhone Data Be Recovered?
Can erased iPhone data be recovered? Get corresponding solutions to recover data from wiped iPhone via backups made by iCloud, iTunes, or AOMEI MBackupper and recover deleted data from iPhone.
How do I restore my iPhone after Erase all content and settings?
To solve some software issues, users may choose to perform a factory reset and restore their devices to the original manufacturer settings. Although factory reset is a practical way to troubleshoot matters, it will erase all the content and settings on your devices.
Can I get some data (like contacts and photos) back after I’ve made Erase All Content and Settings? Thanks.
- A user from Apple Community
Thus, many users are wondering can erased iPhone data be recovered because they want to keep the existing data on their iPhones. Actually, it’s possible to recover iPhone data after erasing it.
How to restore erased iPhone?
So how to recover wiped iPhone? Apple has provided two practical data loss prevention measures for its users. At the moment, why not take advantage of iCloud/iTunes backup to restore your iPhone?
Method 1. Recover data from wiped iPhone with iCloud backup
Please ensure your selected iCloud backup that includes your needed data before going to restore your iPhone from iCloud backups.
- Your iCloud backup will not save the same data in iCloud.
- You’re not permitted to preview all the files and restore selected data to your iPhone before the restoration process.
- After restoration, all the existing data on your iOS devices will be replaced by your selected iCloud backup
Meanwhile, the above notes are also suitable for iTunes. So let’s perform how to restore erased iPhones via iCloud backups.
Step 1. Click Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Step 2. Your iPhone will reboot. When it comes to Apps & Data screen, select the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
Step 3. After logging into your Apple ID, select an iCloud backup you want to restore.
Method 2. Recover data from wiped iPhone with iTunes backup
Can erased iPhone data be recovered? It seems it’s possible. You can try to restore your iPhone with iTunes without losing data as long as you can meet the above three notes.
Step 1. Run the latest iTunes on your PC and connect your iOS device to the computer. Then click the “iPhone” icon.
Step 2. After clicking the “Summary” tab, select the “Restore Backup” option.
Step 3. Select an iTunes backup you prefer and click the “Restore” button.
Method 3. Recover data from wiped iPhone with FoneTool
Can erased iPhone data be recovered? It is obvious that backups are prepared to recover data from wiped iPhones. If you’re unwilling to overwrite the existing data on your iOS devices after restoration, you can restore your iPhone from backups created by FoneTool.
This free backup and transfer software has established a good reputation among users because of its powerful features and well-designed interface.
- “Full Backup” and “Selective Backup” to back up all the iPhone data or selectively back up iPhone Photos, Videos, Songs, Contacts, and messages.
- Preview and select your needed files before restoration or transfer.
- With a Full/Selective Backup, you can restore your iPhone without losing data.
- Support most iPhone models from iPhone 4 to iPhone 13/14 and be compatible with the latest iOS 15/16.
As you can see, backups are essential for restoration. Let’s make a full iPhone backup (apps, Safari history, bookmarks, system settings, photos, music, videos, contacts, text messages, and so on).
Step 1. Download and install FoneTool on your PC. After connecting your iPhone to the computer, “Trust This Computer” on your iOS device.
Step 2. Launch it on your PC. Then click Phone Backup > Full Backup > Get Started.
Step 3. If you need it, click the “Enable Backup Encryption” button. Then choose a saved path to save this full backup and click the “Start Backup” button.
Step 4. After clicking the “Backup History” button, you can see your backup recordings. Then “Restore” your selected full backup to recover wiped iPhone.
Bonus tips: How to recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14?
Regular backups might be the most overlooked data loss prevention tip. If you haven’t developed a good habit of making backups using iCloud/iTunes, not to mention using any backup software.
So FoneTool cannot work for those users without backups to restore iPhone data. If it happens to be your case, what can you do to recover deleted data from iPhone?
At the moment, Why not try iPhone data recovery software like MyRecover for iOS to tackle your concerns? This powerful tool also can fill in the above gaps well.
- If you can turn on your iPhone, you’re ready for the iPhone data recovery process.
- No need to use backups made by iCloud/iTunes/FoneTool and erase all the existing data on your iOS devices.
- Preview all the files and recover partial data to your iPhone.
- Recover Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, WeChat History, Call History, Calendars, Voice Memos, etc.
- Support varied types of iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone and work with iOS 10.0 and later.
So download it on your PC to recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14 now!
Step 1. After launching it on your PC, connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. Please “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone, then click “Scan Now” to start the scanning process.
Step 3. You can see the recoverable data in the window after scanning. Please click the “Recover” button to get your selected data back.
Can erased iPhone data be recovered? You can read the above content to find its feasible methods. If you need, refer to the last part to recover deleted data from iPhone 13/14.