Will I lose my data if I restore my iPhone on iTunes?
Hello! Can you please tell me what data will I lose after restoring my iPhone? Thanks.
-A user from Apple Community
Apart from that Face ID, Touch ID, Apple Pay info, and photos that have already been included in iCloud, the iTunes backup can nearly contain all the data on your iPhone.
Conventional way: restore iPhone from iTunes backup
How to restore iPhone with iTunes without losing data? As long as your iCloud has not saved the data you want, after that, you can restore iPhone from iTunes backups without losing data.
Part 1. Steps to make iTunes backups
If you need, please refer to the following steps to make iTunes backups.
Step 1. Launch the latest iTunes, and connect your iPhone to the computer. Then click “Continue” to allow your PC to access data on your iOS devices.
Step 2. Click the “iPhone” icon on the top left corner, then tap the “Summary” button.
Step 3. Click the “Back Up Now” button. Please wait patiently.
Part 2. Steps to restore iPhone from iTunes backup
This part guides you to restore iPhone from iTunes backups.
Step 1. Launch your latest iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. Then tap the “iPhone” icon on the left corner.
Step 2. Go to “Summary” > “Restore Backup”.
Step 3. Select the iTunes backup you want from the backup list and click the “Restore” button. The process of restoration depends on the size of the backup. Please wait patiently.
Alternative way: recover iPhone without losing data via iPhone backup and transfer software
How to restore iPhone with iTunes without losing data easier? Why not give this backup and transfer software, FoneTool a shot?
- Restore your iPhone without losing data from a Full Backup/Selective Backup.
- Selectively back up photos, music, videos, messages, contacts, etc.
- Preview all the items and select your needed files before the backup/transfer process.
- Use it to transfer the whole/partial data from iPhone to iPhone/PC/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Be compatible with iPhone 13/14, iPad, iPod Touch, Windows PC, and the latest iOS 15/16.
Don’t hesitate to download this tool to enjoy its powerful features now!
Bonus tips: How to recover deleted/lost data on iPhone with ease?
The above step-by-step guide has helped you how to restore iPhone with iTunes without losing data. But plenty of users raise questions like is there an easier way to recover iPhone without losing data? It turns out there is.
Compared with complicated backups, there’s no better way than using powerful iPhone data recovery software like MyRecover for iOS to recover deleted/lost data.
Because a third party can save you from backups and provide the biggest data recovery potential for you.
- ★Highlights of MyRecover for iOS::
- You only need to ensure you can turn on your iPhone.
- Preview all the files and restore the partial data before iPhone data recovery.
- Don’t have to erase all the current data on your iOS devices.
- Recover Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Call History, Calendar, Voice memos, etc.
- Support different types of iPhones, iPad, and iPods, and be compatible with iPhone 13/14 as well as the latest iOS 15/16.
Step 1. Download and install MyRecover for iOS on your computer. Then connect your iPhone to the PC.
Step 2. “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone, then click the “Scan Now” button to start the scanning process.
Step 3. After scanning, the window will show all the recoverable data. Then you can click the “Recover” button to get your desired data back.
If you’re reluctant to suffer the second damage, it’s necessary for you to develop a good habit of making backups using FoneTool because only regular backups are the best hedge against data loss.
With useable backups, you can also recover iPhone without losing data.