I was hoping the files I saved on my Windows 10 would sync it so that I can check it from dropbox.com. From my laptop, it shows that some of the files I recently saved (which has green check marks) are synced, but I couldn't see them updated in my dropbox.com. I tried restarting Dropbox or my Windows, but somehow it doesn't work. Can anyone help me to work this out?
How to fix Dropbox not syncing in Windows 10?
Dropbox is a file hosting service which offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and so on. Sometimes, when you use Dropbox to sync data, you may encounter Dropbox sync issues: Dropbox not syncing in Windows 10. If this is your case, you can follow the methods below to fix it.
Method 1. Check the files
1. Make sure the files you need sync is not open.
2. Check the filename of the file and make sure it doesn't contain any special characters.
3. Delete the file from Drop from Dropbox folder and copy a new version.
Method 2. Check the Dropbox process
1. Right click the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
2. Look for the Dropbox process on the list.
3. If Dropbox is present, select it, right click and select End task.
4. If Dropbox is not present or you have ended the task, restart it using the desktop icon or menu item.
Method 3. Disable selective sync
1. Right click the Dropbox icon in the Windows taskbar.
2. Select Preferences and then click Advanced.
3. Select Selective Sync and make sure the folder containing the file is not selected.
Method 4. Delete Dropbox Caches
The piled up caches on your computer might cause Dropbox not syncing on Windows 10. You can try clearing the caches by following steps below:
1. Open the File Explorer.
2. Go to your Dropbox folder, and go to the cache folder (you can also access the folder by entering %HOMEPATH%\Dropbox\.dropbox.cache in Search).
3. Press Ctrl+A to select all and press Delete to remove everything from the folder.
Method 5. Fix Dropbox not syncing via AOMEI Backupper
Besides Dropbox not syncing issue, you may also encounter issues like Dropbox is not connecting, Dropbox icon is missing Windows 10. If you want to fix these issues once for all, you can turn to AOMEI Backupper. It is one of the best free file sync tools which can be applied to Windows 10/9/7/XP/Visa. And it supports many storage devices including Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, external hard drive, USB drive, SSD, etc. You can follow the steps below to sync Windows 10 to Dropbox.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper and open it. Click Backup and choose File Sync.
Step 2. Click Add Folder and browse to select the files and folders you need to sync. Then select another location as destination path.
Step 3. Click Schedule to set auto sync and then click Start Sync.
With the help of AOMEI Backupper, you can solve Dropbox not syncing in Windows 10 easily and quickly. AOMEI Backupper is also backup and restore software. If you want to protect your computer from virus infection, system crash, hard disk failure, you can use it to make a system image backup.
If you want to protect unlimited computers within your company, you can pick AOMEI Backupper Technician. With the inbuilt AOMEI Image Deploy tool, you are also allowed to deploy/restore system image file on server-side computer to multiple client-side computers over network.