[5 Ways] How to Use iPad as iPhone Camera Monitor in 2023
Want to know how to use iPad as iPhone camera monitor in 2023? reading and to find 5 easy ways to help you complete it!
Can I Use My iPad as A Monitor for My iPhone Camera?
Yes, you can use iPad as iPhone camera monitor. By utilizing certain apps and features, you can connect your iPhone to your iPad, and use the iPad's larger screen for sharing your iPhone camera viewfinder and files. This can be particularly helpful in situations where you need a larger display for a better viewing experience, or when you want to remotely monitor your iPhone camera while capturing photos or videos.
1. iPad as Monitor for iPhone Camera by 3-rd Party App
Camera Plus is a great to control your iPhone camera. It offers a wonderful feature called "AirSnap." With AirSnap, you can control your iPhone or iPad remotely via using another iOS device, ensuring you to capture photos and videos wirelessly.
The steps of this app are simple enough: Just install abd Open the Camera Plus onto both devices > Connect your iPhone and iPad with the same Bluetooth or WiFi > Choose one device to be the camera and the other to be the trigger. After that, the remote iOS device is able to change the settings and see exactly as the camera iOS device is.
- It supports remote-controlled photography.
- It able to shoot brilliant macro photos and is compatible with Apple Watch.
- The distance of the remote control is relative.
With Camera Plus, you can link two iOS devices for you to remote control, such as an iPhone, iPad, or an Apple Watch, when one becomes the camera and the next one is a trigger. In other words, it helps you use iPad as monitor for iPhone camera.
2. Mirror iPhone Screen to iPad as A Camera Monitor
Also, you can use other apps to help you mirror your iPhone screen to iPad at first, then you can use iPad as camera monitor for iPhone. In this article, 2 options are given to you, let’s continue reading and get them!
Option 1. Monitor iPhone Camera on iPad by AirPlay
AirPlay is a built-in feature found on Apple devices that allows for screen mirroring and sharing between iOS devices. It allows users to seamlessly display the iOS device screen on other AirPlay-compatible devices. With AirPlay, you can effortlessly connect your iPhone and iPad to prepare for using iPad as iPhone camera monitor.
Below are detailed guides to mirror iPhone to iPad by using AirPlay:
Step 1. Connect both your iPad and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. On your iPhone, swipe down from the top-right corner to find the Control Panel.
Step 3. Tap the "Screen Mirroring" or "AirPlay" option. The name may depend on your iOS version.
Step 4. Select the Apple device name you need to connect from the list.
Step 5. Once connected successfully, your iPhone's screen will be mirrored on your iPad.
- While screencasting, you can still check emails or play games.
- It supports you to control the volume on both your iOS device and your AirPlay device.
- The range of iPhone AirPlay to iPad is dependent on the Wi-Fi range.
- Apple products only.
- All your devices must be networked for AirPlay.
Option 2. Monitor iPhone camera screen on iPad with Reflector 4
The Reflector 4 is an incredibly useful all-in-one screen mirroring and streaming receiver that offers a wide range of functionalities. This software enables you to effortlessly cast and mirror all your iPhone activities wirelessly onto your iPad. After you complete the screen mirror though it, you can learn how to use iPad as camera monitor for iPhone.
Here are instructions to cast iPhone to iPad by using Reflector 4:
Step 1. Swipe up the screen on the iPhone or the iPad to find the Control Center.
Step 2. Choose your computer's name on the drop-down menu.
Step 3. On your computer, the program will show a code, you need to type into your iOS device.
Step 4. After the code is approved, your iPhone gets mirrored on your iPad.
- It supports compatibility with a diverse range of receiving devices, including Windows, macOS, and so on.
- You can see real-time previews of your devices connected, decide which ones to show or hide.
- It is more costly than similar apps.
- Requires a faster internet connection and a low latency.
3. Transfer iPhone Camera Files to iPad as A Monitor
Besides the methods through monitoring app and mirroring iPhone screen, another convenient way to do this is to transfer iPhone camera files to iPad first, and then enjoy and watch your transferred files on your iPad. Next, this article takes transferring photos as an example to introduce you to 2 methods to monitor iPhone camera on iPad.
Option 1. AirDrop iPhone Camera Photos to iPad
AirDrop is one easy tool that helps you share files between your two devices. If you do not want to install any app on the device, you can choose to AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPad, also can Airdrop photos between iPhones. With it, you can send the files in smaller groups smoothly.
Let's take a look at the following steps to Airdrop iPhone photos to iPad!
Step 1. Ensure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on iPhone and iPad are turned on.
Step 2. Go to access AirDrop > Turn it on and select Contacts Only or Everyone.
Step 3. Open Photos app > Find the pictures you want to transfer > Click the Share icon in the lower-left corner > Then choose AirDrop option > Select iPad.
Step 4. Pick Accept to receive the photos shared from your iPhone.
- It allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPad without a USB or PC.
- You can AirDrop multiple photos, but no more than 50 photos at a time.
- Require strong network connectivity.
- Keep the devices nearly (around 30 feet) for a successful transfer.
Option 2. Transfer iPhone Camera Photos to iPad Via FoneTool
FoneTool, one powerful data transfer tool with high speed of iPhone/iPad, you can easily and wirelessly transfer photos, videos, contacts, music, or any other files from iPhone to iPad, or between iPhone and PC.
- It is user-friendly and free , you can hand it quickly at the first time.
- It allows you to transfer an amount of photos at the same time and doesn’t limit the size.
- It supports full and selective transfer files between iPhone/iPad and PC.
Now install FoneTool on your computer and follow the guides below to transfer pics from iPad to iPhone in minutes.
Step 1. Run FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB.
Step 2. Tap Phone Transfer option > Then select the iPhone to PC > Click Start Transfer to begin.
Step 3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
Step 4. Click the Start Transfer to transfer these pictures to the computer.
Step 5. Unplug your iPhone and plug in your iPad > Click Phone Transfer > And select PC to iPhone option.
Step 6. Click Photos > Tap the add icon to choose the photos you exported before > Finally, click Start Transfer to import photos to iPad.
- If you want to transfer a few of photos, AirDrop is a good choice. Because transferring all photos in one click with AirDrop will meet problems.
- If you plan to transfer hundreds of photos at once, FoneTool can help you.
The above 5 methods give you guidance about using iPad as iPhone camera monitor. You can pick monitor app directly, also can mirror your iPhone screen to iPad at first, or transfer your iPhone camera files to iPad before monitoring. In situations where internet access is unavailable, the final option that offers the highest level of security, we highly recommend is the one.
By the way, FoneTool can not only assist you in transferring data between iPad and PC, it also gives powerful backup and restore functions, download and find more!