[4 Ways] How to View iPad Photos on PC
Want to view iPad photos on PC? This guide will show you how to access iPad photos on PC in detail.
Want to view iPad photos on PC?
For some reason, you want to access iPad photos PC. Maybe you want to view photos taken while traveling on a larger screen, or you want to transfer photos from iPad to PC as backup and then delete the unwanted ones to free up space.
Whatever the reason, here in this guide, I’ll show you 4 ways that can help you view iPad photos on PC. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, and you can choose the one that best suits your situation.
Way 1. View iPad photos on PC in File Explorer
When you connect iPad to PC, your iPad will be treated as a storage device and you can open it to check your photos. However, computer refuses to display photos with the album, which means you need to open the folders one by one to find the photos you need. If you want to view your albums, then you can refer to the next method.
See how to access iPad photos on PC via File Explorer:
1. Connect your iPad to computer via the USB cable > Unlock your iPad and tap Trust on the pop-up message.
2. Go to This PC and find your iPad.
3. Double-click to open your iPad > Go Internal Storage > DCIM and you will see folders named 100APPLE, 101APPLE, etc.
Now you can open the folder to view your photos. If needed, you can select the photos and copy them to your computer.
Way 2. View iPad photos on PC with FoneTool
If you want to easily view all your albums and photos on iPad from your computer, then you need to use professional data management software and FoneTool is the recommended one.
● It will display all your albums including the ones you created, which means you can easily find the photos you want to view.
● In addition, it can also help you transfer full-resolution photos from iPad to computer, external hard drive or USB flash drive.
You can click the download button below to get FoneTool and follow the steps to access iPad photos on PC in seconds.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPad to PC via USB cable and trust the software.
2. After FoneTool recognizes your device, choose Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
3. Click the + icon > Click Photos and it will show you the albums > Then you can open an album to view your photos. If you want to transfer some of the important ones to computer, just select them and click OK button.
4. Click Start Transfer > Choose a destination to save your photos > Click Transfer to confirm.
- Since iPadOS 11, photos taken with iPad are stored in HEIC format. However, this format is not compatible with all systems and platforms. If necessary, you can use the HEIC Converter to convert HEIC to JPG, JPEG or PNG so that you can edit your photos with Photoshop or other tools.
- If you want to free up space, you can try Photo Deduplication to find and delete duplicate photos on iPhone and computer.
FoneTool supports data transfer between iPad computer. If one day you want to transfer photos from computer to iPad, just choose PC to iPhone to make it.
Way 3. View iPad photos on PC using Windows Photos
For Windows 8, 10, 11 users, you can access iPad photos on PC via Photos app. It will show all your photos in one folder and you can import selected ones to PC.
1. Plug in your iPad > Click the Start button and choose Photos app to launch it.
2. Now you view iPad photos on PC in Windows Photos app.
If you want to export photos to your PC, you can click Import icon > choose From a USB device > select the photos you need and click Import button.
Way 4. View iPad photos on PC through iCloud
You can also take advantage of iCloud to view iPad photos on PC. We can access the files stored in iCloud on any device. Once you have uploaded photos on iPad to iCloud then you can access these photos on computer.
To upload photos to iPad, you can connect your iPad to Wi-Fi > go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos to turn on the sync. There is only 5 GB of free storage. If you have a large photo library, then you may not be able to upload all your photos
Let’s see how to view photos on iPad from computer via iCloud.
There are two ways you can access your photos stored in iCloud on computer. You can check your photos via iCloud for Windows client or iCloud.com.
1. Download and install iCloud for Windows from Apple website or Microsoft Store.
2. Open iCloud for Windows and sign in with your Apple ID and passcode.
3. Go to Photos > Click Options.
4. Select iCloud Photo Library > Click Done to save the change.
5. Go to File Explorer > Choose iCloud Photos > Click Download photos and videos > Click the download button to save them to PC.
If you do not want to install any app, you can open a browser and go to iCloud.com > log in to your account > choose Photos to view your photos.
Bonus: Fix can’t view iPad photos on PC
From the above, you know how to view iPad photos on Windows PC. If you can’t see iPad photos on PC, you can try the following solutions.
1. Restart your iPhone and PC.
2. Try a different USB cable or port.
It is recommended to use the cable that comes with the iPad or use one MFI-certified cable.
3. Authorize the computer in iTunes.
Open iTunes > Go to Menu > Account > Authorizations > Authorize this computer > enter your name and password
4. Reinstall or update Apple driver.
- Press Windows key and R key to launch the Run box > type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Expand the Portable Device.
- Click Uninstall driver > plug in your iPad and it will automatically install the driver. You can also click Update driver to have a try.
That’s all about how to view iPad photos on PC. Usually, you can connect your iPad to computer and view your photos via File Explorer, FoneTool and Photos app. If you want to check photo albums, then FoneTool is a better choice. If you do not have a USB cable at hand, you can upload photos to iCloud and check them via iCloud client or iCloud.com.