Now you want to access your iPhone files on your PC for better management. However, when you connect iPhone to Windows computer and open it via File Explorer, you find nothing but photos. Where are the other files? Well, in fact, you can only access iPhone photos on PC via File Explorer.
Fortunately, there are other ways to help you access iPhone files on PC. Whether you want to access files on PC with or without iTunes, or want to access iPhone files on PC via USB or wirelessly, you can find ways to do so in this article.
Part 1. How to Access iPhone Files on PC with iTunes
The File Sharing feature of iTunes can help you sync some app documents between iPhone and PC. However, please note that all applications support File Sharing. In addition, songs, photos and videos on iPhone cannot be transferred via File Sharing.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
3. When iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click the Device tab.
4. Choose File Sharing > Select an app to see which files are available for sharing in that app > Choose the content you want to transfer to PC > Click Save. (If you do not see the File Sharing option, it means that your device has no file-sharing apps.)
5. Select a folder on PC to save your files and click Select Folder to confirm.
Now you can go to that folder to browse the files from iPhone.
Part 2. How to Access iPhone Files on PC without iTunes
If you want to access iPhone files on PC without iTunes, there are 2 ways for you to choose.
- Access iPhone files on PC via USB - Transfer files from iPhone to computer
- Access iPhone files on PC wirelessly - Download iPhone files stored in iCloud
Way 1. Access iPhone Files on PC via USB
If you want to access iPhone photos, videos, songs, contacts, etc. on PC, you should rely on professional iOS data management tools such as FoneTool.
When you connect your iPhone to computer, you can view iPhone photos, videos, music, contacts and more through FoneTool. In addition, you can choose to transfer files from iPhone to PC so that you can browse them on PC anytime you want.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Enter passcode when asked.
3. Choose iPhone to PC option.
4. Then you can see all photos, music, videos, contacts on your iPhone. If you want to transfer some of them to PC, you can select the specific files and click OK to continue.
5. Select a path from Transfer Settings to save your files > Finally, click Start Transfer.
FoneTool won’t compress your photos or degrade the quality of your music. Please rest assured.
Way 2. Access iPhone Files on PC Wirelessly
As long as your files are stored in iCloud, it's possible to access iPhone files on PC wirelessly. You can go to a browser on computer to access them or download them to PC.
1. On your computer, open a browser and go to iCloud.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in to your account.
3. Now you can click the icon to view the files. If you want to download some files to PC, just select the files and click the Download button to make it.
If you don't have files stored in iCloud, you can turn on the sync option or save files to iCloud Drive.
- Sync iPhone data to iCloud: Go to Settings > Tap your account > Choose iCloud > Turn on the switch for those contents you want to sync.
- Save iPhone data to iCloud Drive: If you want to upload photos, you can go to Photos app to select the photos > tap the Share button > tap Save to Files > choose iCloud Drive as the destination.
It may take a while for the upload to complete. If you want to access iPhone files on PC as soon as possible, you may go back to the previous method to transfer files to PC via USB cable. Or you can choose to AirDrop files from iPhone to PC.
That’s all about how to access iPhone files on PC. You can take advantage of the File Sharing feature of iTunes to transfer app documents to PC. If you want to access iPhone photos, videos, music, contacts on PC, you can choose to use FoneTool to browse files on PC or download files to computer.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad