How to Access iPhone Files on PC with or without iTunes
Want to browse iPhone files on PC? This guide will show you all the ways to learn how to access iPhone files on Windows 11/10/8/7 via USB or wirelessly.
- Want to open iPhone Files on PC?
- Part 1. How to Access Files on iPhone from PC with iTunes
- Part 2. How to Access iPhone Files on PC without iTunes
- Final Words
- FAQs about getting iPhone files on PC
How to access files on iPhone from PC?
You can realize the process via USB or wirelessly. iTunes, FoneTool, iCloud and File Explorer all can help you make it. And each tool will have its own cons and pros.
- Question from an iPhone user
Want to open iPhone Files on PC?
Now you want to know how to access iPhone files on PC for better data management or transferring. However, when you connect iPhone to Windows computer and open it via File Explorer, you find nothing but photos. Where are the other files? Well, in fact, you can only access iPhone photos on PC via File Explorer.
Fortunately, there are other ways to help you access iPhone files on PC. Whether you want to access files on PC with or without iTunes, or want to access iPhone files on PC via USB or wirelessly, you can find ways to do so in this article.
Part 1. How to Access Files on iPhone from PC with iTunes
The File Sharing feature of iTunes can help you sync some app documents between iPhone and PC. However, please note that all applications support File Sharing. In addition, songs, photos and videos on iPhone cannot be transferred via File Sharing. Now you can follow the steps below to get how to access iPhone files on PC via USB with iTunes.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
3. When iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click the Device tab.
4. Choose File Sharing > Select an app to see which files are available for sharing in that app > Choose the content you want to transfer to PC > Click Save. (If you do not see the File Sharing option, it means that your device has no file-sharing apps.)
5. Select a folder on PC to save your files and click Select Folder to confirm.
Now you can go to that folder to browse the files from iPhone.
Official software developed by Apple.
Simply see app data on iPhone.🌟Cons:
Need a USB cable.
Can't view other files such as photos and videos on PC.
Part 2. How to Access iPhone Files on PC without iTunes
If you want to access iPhone files on PC without iTunes, there are 3 ways for you to choose.
- Access iPhone files on PC via USB - Transfer files from iPhone to computer using FoneTool or File Explorer
- Access iPhone files on PC wirelessly - Download iPhone files stored in iCloud
Way 1. Browse iPhone Files on PC via USB for free
If you want to access iPhone photos, videos, songs, contacts, etc. on PC, you should rely on professional iOS data management tools such as FoneTool.
When you connect your iPhone to computer, you can view and more through FoneTool. In addition, you can choose to transfer files from iPhone to PC so that you can browse them on PC anytime you want.
Easily Preview and export: You can preview iPhone photos, videos, music and contacts during the process and choose to export them to PC after the transfer.
Fully backup iPhone to access all data: If you need to view all iPhone data on iPhone, you can also fully back up iPhone to finish the process.
Photo Deduplication: FoneTool can help you find and erase duplicate photos on iPhone efficiently to free up your iPhone storage.
Wide compatibility: FoneTool operates smoothly across a variety of iPhone models, encompassing iPhone 7, 8, SE, X, XR, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and even the latest iOS 16/17.
Now you can download, install and launch FoneTool to learn how to browse iPhone files including photos on PC.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Enter passcode when asked.
2. Choose Phone Transfer > iPhone to PC option > Click Get Started.
3. Then you can see all photos, music, videos, and contacts on your iPhone. If you want to transfer some of them to PC, you can select the specific files and click OK to continue.
4. Select a path from Transfer Settings to save your files > Finally, click Start Transfer.
FoneTool won’t compress your photos or degrade the quality of your music. Please rest assured.
Easily preview and select targeted files in the process.
Fast transfer speed saves lots of time.
The USB connection ensures all data will not be revealed.
The easy-to-use interface allows all processes can be completed efficiently.🌟Cons:
Need a USB cable.
Way 2. How to Access Files on iPhone from PC using File Explorer
You can also use Windows File Explorer to transfer files between iPhone and PC without any third-party software. And you can only access photos and videos in iPhone Photos app.
1. Connect your iPhone to PC with a USB cable. Go to your taskbar on your PC and open File Explorer, then look for the Apple iPhone icon. It's usually located under This PC or Devices and drives.
2. Double-click on the Apple iPhone icon > Go to the Internal Storage folder and then open the DCIM folder. You can find various folders containing your photos and videos. Then move files on the computer to your iPhone or export iPhone photos and videos to your PC.
Don't need to download any other apps.🌟Cons:
Need a USB cable.
Transfer speed is much slower than FoneTool.
The photos and videos in the Photos app are sorted into various folders according to their timestamps, necessitating the need to open each folder to view their contents.
Way 3. Find iPhone Files on PC Wirelessly
As long as your files are stored in iCloud, it's possible to access iPhone files on PC wirelessly. You can go to a browser on computer to access them or download them to PC.
1. On your computer, open a browser and go to iCloud.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in to your account.
3. Now you can click the icon to view the files. If you want to download some files to PC, just select the files and click the Download button to make it.
If you don't have files stored in iCloud, you can turn on the sync option or save files to iCloud Drive.
- Sync iPhone data to iCloud: Go to Settings > Tap your account > Choose iCloud > Turn on the switch for those contents you want to sync.
- Save iPhone data to iCloud Drive: If you want to upload photos, you can go to Photos app to select the photos > tap the Share button > tap Save to Files > choose iCloud Drive as the destination.
That's all about how to access iPhone files on PC wirelessly. It may take a while for the upload to complete. If you want to access iPhone files on PC as soon as possible, you may go back to the previous method to transfer files to PC via USB cable. Or you can choose to AirDrop files from iPhone to PC.
Convenient wireless transfer.🌟Cons:
The transfer speed can be impacted by internet quality.
The operations are too complex for some users.
That’s all about how to access iPhone files on PC. You can take advantage of the File Sharing feature of iTunes to transfer app documents to PC. If you want to access iPhone photos, videos, music, and contacts on PC, you can choose to use FoneTool to view iPhone files on PC and transfer files between iPhone and PC.
FAQs about getting iPhone files on PC
Why can't I get iPhone files on PC in File Explorer?
Why are iPhone photos not showing up on PC?
How to access iPhone files on Mac with Finder?
2. Select your iPhone from the left sidebar in the Finder window.
3. Choose the tab of the file type you want to browse. If you want to transfer files from iPhone to Mac. Just select and drag them to a folder on your computer.