The AirDrop feature help users quickly share photos, videos, contacts, Passbook passes, Voice Memos, Map location, and everything else that appears on a Share sheet between two iDevices. If you just get one new iPhone like the newest iPhone SE 2020, you may want to transfer some photos to it to set as the wallpaper and you can take advantage of AirDrop to make it so you come to this page to find the method.
In this article, I’ll detail every detail about how to AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPhone or iPad. Besides, another easy way to help you transfer all photos in one click will also be discussing. If you’d like to transfer hundreds or thousands of photos, it’s a recommended way to go.
How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad
The steps are the same no matter you want to AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPhone or AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPad or vice versa. Before you begin, please turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both two devices. If either of the devices has Personal Hotspot on, please turn it off.
Turn on AirDrop
1. Open Control Center: Swipe up from the bottom of your screen or swipe down from the top right corner of the screen (iPhone X and later).
2. Turn on AirDrop: Press firmly or touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner > Tap AirDrop and choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
> If you choose "Contacts Only", only your contacts can see your device. If you choose "Everyone", all nearby Apple devices using AirDrop can see your device.
> If you choose "Contacts Only" and want to share photos to another, please make sure both the devices have logged into iCloud. It will check whether you are in each other's Contacts.
Choose the Photos You Want to AirDrop
1. Go to Photos app on the source iPhone and select the photos you want to share.
2. Tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner.
3. Tap the AirDrop user that you want to share with.
Receive the Photos on Target Device
A window will display on the target iPhone screen with a preview of the content and you should hit the Accept to receive the photos. The photos will be saved in the Photos app.
An Easier Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone
From the about, you know how to AirDrop photos on iPhone. However, it’s not that convenient if you want to transfer lots of photos. So here in this part, I’d like to introduce another easy way that can help you transfer all photos from one iPhone to another with one click.
AOMEI MBackupper, one free iPhone backup manager can help you transfer selected photos between two iDevices without effort. Two steps to complete the transfer: Transfer photos from source iPhone to computer > Transfer the photos to the target iPhone.
★ More Features:
● It lets you preview and select the photos you want to transfer.
● It offers a fast transfer speed: transfer every 100 photos in 2 seconds.
● It will not erase any existing data on the device during the process.
● It also supports transferring contacts, messages, songs, videos.
The tool supports all iPhone/iPad models including the newest iPhone 13/12/11/iPhone SE 2020 and works well with the latest iOS 15/14. Get the tool now and follow the steps below to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad in a few minutes.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your source iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Transfer to PC > Click + > Choose Photos to choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Transfer to transfer all the selected pictures to computer.
Transfer Photos to Target iPhone
1. Unplug the source iPhone and then connect the target iPhone to computer > Click Transfer to iPhone on the homepage.
2. Press the + icon and locate the path where you save the photos.
3. If everything is OK, click Transfer.
That’s all for how to AirDrop contacts from iPhone to iPhone or iPad. If you just want to transfer several photos, AirDrop is indeed a good choice. However, if you want to transfer hundreds or thousands of photos, you’d better let AOMEI MBackupper help you, which is more convenient.