How to Transfer Everything Except Photos to New iPhone
This guide will show you how to transfer everything except photos to new iPhone. Whether you want to transfer data during or after the setup, you will find a method to do so.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone without Photos
I want to set up my new iPhone but want to only transfer contacts, notes and messages, apps, etc. Can I transfer everything to new iPhone except photos?
- Question from Apple Community
Nowadays, we can easily transfer data from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly. Since iOS 12.4, we can use QuickStart to transfer everything during the setup process. However, maybe there are too many photos on your old phone, or maybe they aren’t important, so you don’t want to transfer them to your new iPhone.
Here in this guide, we will detail all the ways that can help you transfer everything except photos to new iPhone. All these methods can be applied to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone SE 2022, iPhone /1413/12.
Way 1. How to Transfer Everything Except Photos to New iPhone via iCloud
If you have enough iCloud storage space, then you can take advantage of iCloud to transfer data to new iPhone without photos.
Transfer Data via iCloud Backup
While iCloud does not allow you to select the files to back up, you can deselect all apps that you do not want to be included in the backup package.
- Before creating a backup, you can go to Settings > [your account] > iCloud to turn off Photos and other apps you don't want to transfer before the backup.
- Then you can go to iCloud Backup and tap Back Up Now to create a backup.
- If iCloud Photos is enabled, all your photos are automatically stored in iCloud. That means that they're not included in your iCloud Backup.
- You can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > tap your device > delete Photos or other data you do not want to restore to new iPhone.
Now you can set up new iPhone as usual and choose Restore from iCloud Backup option to transfer old iPhone data to new iPhone.
Transfer Data via iCloud Syncing
iCloud helps you sync data across all your devices. You can turn on the sync options on both iPhones to achieve the data transfer.
- On your old iPhone, go to Settings > [your account] > iCloud to turn on the certain types of data you want to transfer to new iPhone.
- Open your new iPhone and set it up > Go to Settings to turn on the iCloud sync option. It won't tell you if the sync is complete, you need to go to the app to check it yourself.
Way 2. How to Transfer Everything Except Photos to new iPhone via FoneTool
If you don't have enough iCloud space, you can rely on third-party transfer tools like FoneTool to transfer everything but photos to new iPhone. It provides desktop app and mobile app to help you transfer data via USB cable or wirelessly.
There is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data. It’s recommended if you want to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone after setup.
Transfer Data to New iPhone via USB Cable
The desktop app of FoneTool supports data backup, data transfer between iPhone and computer, data transfer between two iPhones. You can let it help you selectively transfer contacts, messages, videos, songs, etc. from old iPhone to new iPhone.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps below to transfer needed data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
Two steps to complete the transfer: ① Backup data on old iPhone to computer > ② Restore the backup files to new iPhone
Step 1. Backup Data on Old iPhone
- Launch FoneTool and plug in your old iPhone.
- Click Phone Backup > Choose Selective Backup.
- You can click each icon to select the items you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
- Select a path to save your data > Click Start Backup.
Step 2. Transfer Data to New iPhone
- Unplug your old iPhone and plug in your new iPhone > Click Backup History > Locate the backup file > Click the Restore icon.
- Preview and select the data that will be restored to your new iPhone > If everything is OK, click Start Restore to transfer data to new iPhone.
In addition, the iPhone to iPhone tool can help transfer everything including app data. You can first let it help you transfer data to new iPhone and then delete photos from device.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone Wirelessly
The mobile app of FoneTool can help you transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone without WiFi. No need to connect to a Wi-Fi network and will not consume cellular data. It is able to help you transfer contacts, notes, pdf and any other data in Files app. You can scan the QR code below or go to App Store to get FoneTool.
1. Open FoneTol on both iPhones and allow the tool to use WLAN & access files on device.
2. Go to Connect Device and tap the avatar on either iPhone to establish a connection.
3. Go to File Transfer on old iPhone > Choose the data you want to transfer and tap Send.
That’s all about how to transfer everything except photos to new iPhone. You can choose one of the methods to transfer data to new iPhone without photos. If you don't want to take the time to backup your old iPhone or do not have enough iCloud storage space, then Way 2 is a better choice for you.