How to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6s to Windows 10
How do I transfer photos from iPhone 6s to computer? I want to get a copy of all my photos so that I can easily share them with family and friends. What is the most convenient way to back up photos from iPhone to PC? I hope you can help me. Thank you a lot.
- Question from Apple Community
The Need to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Computer
Many people have such kind of trouble. There are a lot of precious pictures stored on the iPhone, and then you want to transfer them to your computer in case of data loss or iPhone loss, or your iPhone is running out of space and you want to transfer the images to your computer to free up the storage, or you just bought a new iPhone and you want to have your old pictures transferred to your new iPhone.
If you are looking for a way to transfer photos from iPhone 6 to a computer, we will share various options here. Based on my experience, if you want to camera roll photos as well pictures in other albums, I highly recommend that you try Method 1, which is the easiest and most effective of all the methods I have used.
Method 1. The Quickest Way to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Computer
FoneTool is an iPhone to Windows PC transfer software that allows you to easily transfer not only photos but also messages, music, videos, and contacts to your PC with Windows system on a simple pane.
● It lets you preview and select the photos that you want to transfer to computer.
● It allows you to transfer all kinds of photos stored in Camera Roll or any other albums.
● Besides, you can also transfer photos from computer to iPhone without data erasing.
It gives you flexible selections to meet your needs. It is an ideal and extremely useful solution to protect your important iPhone data from loss or damage. If you use Windows PC, FoneTool is your best choice.
Now we will show you how to transfer photos from iPhone 6/6s to computer with FoneTool. First, download and install it on your computer for free.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to PC in Windows 10, 8, 7
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. Enter passcode on Home screen so that the software can access your iPhone.
2. On the home screen, click Phone Transfer.
3. Click the "+" icon and select the pictures that you want to transfer. Click OK to continue.
4. Then specify a path as the destination to store the pictures. If everything is OK, click Transfer to make it.
5. Click OK when the transfer is completed.
- ★ Tip
- You may usually take a lot of photos in a second to get the best one, but this will result in a lot of duplicate photos. You can let Photo Deduplication Tool help you find and delete duplicate photos on iPhone/computer to free up space.
Method 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Computer via Windows Photos
This method is applicable to iPhone users with a PC running the latest Windows 10.
The Photo application is a tool available on Windows 10 that organizes all your photos in one folder. This app also could be used to edit, delete, or share photos. It is designed to work with your OneDrive account. If you don't have one, don't worry. You can still use this program to back up your images.
Steps to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to PC in Windows 10
1. Plug your iPhone into your computer with a USB cable.
2. Launch the program using the Windows Start menu or search bar.
3. Click the Import icon in the upper right corner of the Photos app.
4. By default, the app will import all available images. If you only want to back up needed photos, just click on the photos you don't want to import. This will deselect these images.
5. Click Continue to start transferring photos to your computer.
Method 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Computer with Windows Explorer
To transfer photos from iPhone 6 to PC, you can also realize it on a Windows computer with Windows Explorer. The advantage of this approach is that it works on older Windows computers and laptops.
However, Windows Explorer can only detect your camera roll photos. These are the images you took with your iPhone. Photo Gallery and other images under the Photo Stream, synchronized photos, and photos from iCloud Sharing cannot be transferred.
Steps to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6 to Windows 10, 8, 7 via Windows Explorer
1. Plug your iPhone into your computer or laptop without iTunes running. Wait for the computer to recognize it.
2. Open my computer and you will see your iPhone as a portable device.
3. Open it and find the folder named DCIM. In DCIM, you'll find the photos you need to transfer to your computer. From here, simply copy/cut and paste the photos to the wanted location on your computer
Keep in mind that if the iPhone image is not displayed in Windows, be sure to unlock the iPhone first. Otherwise, the iPhone would be found in My Computer, but everything in it would be invisible and inaccessible. If you meet such a situation, all you need to do is touch the iPhone, unlock the screen, enter your password, and everything will be displayed as expected.
There are many ways to transfer photos from iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to computer. If you transfer photos from iPhone 6/6s to computer with Windows Photos, you have to use a computer running Windows 10. If you have a PC with an older version of Windows, you can transfer it with Windows Explorer.
However, both ways are inconvenient. If you prefer an easy way to transfer selected pictures, FoneTool is your best choice. It can do this in a fast and efficient way without missing any images. Download FoneTool to protect your iPhone from data loss disasters.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad