Top 3 Methods to Transfer Data from Old iPad to New iPad without iCloud
This post mainly introduces 3 options to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad without iCloud. If iCloud doesn’t work for you when transferring data between iPads, use the solutions in this post.
How do I transfer data from the old iPad to the new one when iCloud is not working?
“I’ve had my old iPad for several years. Recently, I got a new iPad Pro 12.9-inch 6th generation. I’m seeking for solutions to easily and successfully move data from one iPad to another. Is there a way to move an iPad to another iPad? How can I transfer everything from an old iPad to a new iPad? By the way, iCloud doesn’t work for me because the free storage space is too small.”
-Question from Reddit
Three options to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad without iCloud
When you failed to back up your iOS devices using iCloud for some reasons, you are unable to transfer data between them with iCloud backups. But don’t worry, there are other options to help you transfer data from old iPad to new iPad without iCloud.
Option 1. Use Quick Start to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad
If your old iPad is still in working condition, the simplest way is to use Quick Start.
Step 1. Switch your new iPad on and follow the guidance to set up your language and country. You will then be prompted with the option to Quick Start.
Step 2. Bring your old iPad that is registered to your Apple ID close to your new iPad, and then follow the on-screen directions to transfer your settings and preferences from the old device to the new one using Quick Start.
- The two devices should be placed at a close distance in order to detect each other.
- Both devices must be linked to the same Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth must be enabled.
- The two devices need to be running iOS 11 or later.
- Make sure the two devices are plugged into power until the data migration process is complete.
Option 2. Use Automatic Setup to transfer data to new iPad via iTunes backup
If Quick Start not working, you can also choose to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad using iTunes backup providing you have backed up your old iPad using iTunes. Let’s see how to do it.
Step 1. Launch the Finder on a Mac running macOS Catalina or later. Launch iTunes on a Mac running macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC. Using a USB cord, connect your old iPad to your computer.
Step 2. Click the iPad icon and select This Computer, then click Back Up Now and start to export the data on the old iPad to the computer.
Step 3. Switch your new iPad on and follow the setup guide. You’ll see the Apps & Data page then, choose Restore from Mac or PC.
Step 4. Using a USB cord, connect your new iPad to your Mac or PC. When your iPad appears in the Finder window or iTunes, select it. Choose Restore Backup. Examine the backups’ dates and select the most recent ones.
Option 3. Transfer data from old iPad to new iPad without iCloud or iTunes
If you don't like to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad with iCloud nor iTunes, you can use the free iOS data transfer tool FoneTool. As a professional data transfer tool for iOS devices, you can easily transfer data from old iPad to new iPad with one click. Before navigating to its operation steps, let’s see its advantages first.
- Fully or manually transfer. You can completely transfer data to new iPad, or selectively migrate photos, videos, music, messages, and contacts from old iPhone to the new one.
- iPad migration with one click. This easy-to-use interface simplifies the iPhone transfer operation. With just one click, you can easily complete the iPad migration.
- Fast iPad transfer speed. It provides much faster speed helping you quickly switch to a new iPad.
- Completely support iOS versions. It supports all iPad modes, including iPad 10/9/8/7, and iPad Air/Mini/Pro, and it also helps you transfer data from iPad to iPad, iPhone to iPad, and iPad to iPhone.
Step 1. Download FoneTool and connect both iPads to the computer with USB cables.
Step 2. Run FoneTool, go to Phone Transfer, locate iPhone to iPhone option, and then click Start Transfer.
Step 3. The source and target iPads will be listed here. If you want to transfer some private data like Health, and Activity, you can enable backup encryption.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer then to begin the transfer.
Bonus tips: You can also use FoneTool app on your iPads and iPhones to transfer data freely. Just scan the QR code below to download it and start to transfer photos, music, videos, contacts, and files right away.
This tutorial mostly explains how to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad without iCloud. You have got other options. In this piece, we will focus on the top three: Quick Start, iTunes, and FoneTool. Choose your favorite after reading this post.