Want to Transfer Messages from iPad to iPad?
With an Apple iPad, we can send iMessages over Wi-Fi or cellular service to people who also use an iPhone and iPad. The iMessage service is full of features and makes communication fun.
Attracted by all the amazing features of the newly released iPad, you just bought one, right? As there are lots of important messages on old iPad, you definitely want to transfer them to the new iPad.
What's the Best Way to Transfer Messages from iPad to iPad?
When it comes to transferring from old iPad to new iPad, you may think of iCloud. Well, iCloud indeed can help you sync messages from iPad to iPad but it has limitations.
It requires two iPads using the same iCloud account.
It will transfer all messages instead of selected ones.
It only offers 5 GB free storage space to store your data.
Fortunately, there’s one third-party transfer tool that can help you transfer messages from iPad to iPad in an easier way. It is able to transfer selected messages from iPad to iPad directly. You do not need to wait for the sync.
1. How to Transfer Messages from iPad to iPad Quickly
This method is suitable for anyone who wants to transfer old messages from iPad to iPad.
FoneTool, a tool designed for Windows PC users to manage iOS data is able to transfer messages from iPad to iPad in an easy, quick, safe way.
Transfer all messages or selected messages
1000 messages can be sent in a few minutes.
Ensure no data will be erased during the transfer.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer messages from iPad to iPad. Follow the undermentioned steps to give it a try.
Steps to Transfer Messages from iPad to iPad via FoneTool
Download, install and launch FoneTool. It supports all iPad models including the latest iPad Pro M2, iPad Air 2022.
1. Run FoneTool > Connect source iPad to computer via USB cable. Please enter the passcode on iPad so the software can access your device.
2. Click Selective Backup option under More Features > Choose Messages to select the messages you need > Click OK to confirm.
3. Click Backup Storage Path to select the backup path > Click Start Backup button to start backing up your messages to computer.
4. Unplug the source iPad and connect the target iPad to computer > Go to the Backup History screen > Confirm the data that will be transferred to iPad > Finally click Start Restore. (Don’t worry, it will not erase any data on your iPad.)
2. How to Sync Messages from iPad to iPad via iCloud
This method is suitable for people who have enough iCloud storage space.
iCloud helps people sync text messages and iMessages across devices. All you have to do is to modify certain parameters on your device. However, there’s only 5 GB free storage space. The message sync will fail if there is no enough space.
How to Sync iMessages from iPad to iPad
Turn on the sync of iMessage on both iPads:
1. Make sure that two iPads are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
2. Go to Settings > Tap Messages > Turn on iMessage option.
3. Tap Send & Receive option.
At the top of the page, make sure that it’s the Apple ID used on iPad for iMessage.
Confirm the phone number or email address to send/receive messages.
When the iPad is connected to Wi-Fi network, it will sync messages automatically. all the messages that you send and receive on iPad also appear on another iPad.
How to Transfer iMessages from Old iPad to New iPad
If your iPads are running on iOS 11.4 and later, you can choose to turn on Messages sync in iCloud to achieve the transfer.
When you turn on Messages sync on old iPad, all your messages will be saved in iCloud. And, when you log in with the same Apple ID on new iPad, and the Messages sync also enabled, all your messages show up there.
● How to enable Messages sync: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Tap iCloud > Turn on Messages.
Please note that Messages in iCloud uses iCloud storage. Since all your messages are saved in iCloud, to let you have more free space on iPad, when you delete any conversations on one iPad, they will also be deleted on another iPad.
That’s all about how to transfer messages from iPad to iPad. When using a professional iOS transfer tool, transferring messages from iPad to iPad is as easy as ABC. It will transfer important messages in the way you like. Besides messages, you can let it help you transfer contacts, photos, songs, and videos. And it support completely wipe old iPad to protect data from leakage if you want to sell or recycle your old iPad.
Download FoneTool and discover more!
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad