Apple iPad has been the most popular tablet in the world since its inception in early 2010. Every year a better iPad than before will be released. In April of this year, Apple just released the latest generation of iPad, 12.9-inch iPad Pro (6th generation) and 11-inch iPad Pro (4rd generation).
The M2 chip gives the new iPad Pro mind-blowing performance and makes it the fastest device of its kind. You just bought one, right? Congratulations! One more step before enjoying all amazing features - transfer data from old iPad to new iPad.
Contacts are needed if you want to send iMessages or make a Facetime calling. In this guide, we will focus on iPad to iPad contacts transfer. There are three ways that can help you transfer contacts from iPad to iPad. You can first read and then find a suitable method to complete the transfer.
Way 1 helps you transfer selected contacts from iPad to iPad
Way 2 shows how to sync contacts from iPad to iPad via iCloud
Way 3 tells how to AiDrop contacts from iPad to iPad
Way 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPad without iCloud
If you want to:
Transfer contacts from old iPad to new iPad
Transfer iPad contacts to friend’s iPad
Transfer all contacts or selected contacts
Then you can let FoneTool help you. This professional iOS data backup & transfer tool can help you transfer contacts from one iPad to another one in an easy, quick, and safe way.
It allows you to directly move contacts from iPad to iPad via USB connection. No Internet is needed.
See how to use this tool:
Download, install and launch FoneTool. It supports all iPad models including the latest 12-inch iPad Pro (6th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (4rd generation).
1. Run FoneTool > Connect the source iPad to computer via the USB cable. (Enter passcode on iPad so that the software can access your device.)
2. Click Phone Backup option on the left pane. Move mouse to the Selective Backup. Click Get Started.
3. Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
3. You can click Backup Storage Path to select a storage path to save the contacts > Click Start Backup.
4. Unplug the source iPad and connect the target iPad to computer > Go to the Backup History screen > Click the Restore option > Click the icon to choose the contacts you want to restore > Click Start Restore to transfer contacts to iPad. (Don’t worry, it will only transfer the contacts to your device without deleting any existing data.)
Way 2. How to Sync Contacts from iPad to iPad with iCloud
If two iPads using the same Apple ID, you can rely on iCloud to sync contacts from iPad to iPad. It’s a good choice to sync all contacts wirelessly. But please note that there’s only 5 GB free storage space. The sync will fail if there is not enough space.
Steps to Sync Contacts from iPad to iPad with iCloud
On source iPad: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Tap iCloud > Turn on Contacts > Tap Merge if asked. Then it will start syncing contacts to iCloud.
On target iPad: Do the same above to turn on the contacts sync > Wait for the sync and you can go to Contacts app and pull down from the top of the screen to refresh the contacts list.
Note: When you add, update, or delete contacts on one device, iCloud will make the changes on each device that logs in with the same account.
Way 3. How to AirDrop Contacts from iPad to iPad
If you want to transfer one or two contacts, AirDrop can be a good choice. It can help you transfer contacts from one iPad to another quickly but only one at a time.
Steps to AirDrop Contacts from iPad to iPad
Turn on AirDrop on both iPads:
Make sure two devices are nearby and within the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth range (30 feet and preferably closer).
Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
On source iPad: Go to Contacts app > Find and tap the contact you want to AirDrop > Tap the Share Contact option > Tap AirDrop > Choose the target iPad.
On target iPad: Tap Accept to receive the contact. Or you may see three options: Save, Create New Contact, Add to Existing Contact.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPad to iPad. If you want to transfer selected contacts quickly, then FoneTool is the best choice. Besides contacts, you can also let it help you transfer messages, songs, photos and videos. Go download FoneTool to discover more.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad