[7 Ways] How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad
Want to transfer music from iPad to iPad but do not know how? This guide will list all workable methods that can help you easily transfer music from one iPad to another.
- Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad on Computer
- Part 2. How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad without Computer
When you upgrade to a new iPad, such as the newly released iPad Pro, it’s sure that you would like to transfer data like music from the old one to the new one. Besides, sometimes you may also want to share music with friends. Here in this guide, we will focus on how to transfer music from iPad to iPad.
To better illustrate, we divide these methods into two parts. If you want to transfer non-purchased songs, Way 1 in Part 1 is the best choice.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad on Computer
If you have a computer, you can rely on FoneTool or iTunes to help you copy music from iPad to iPad. The former can help you transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs.
Way 1. Transfer Music from iPad to iPad without iTunes (Purchased and Non-Purchased)
FoneTool is one professional iOS data management tool that provides data backup and data transfer functions. Here are its outstanding features about music transfer:
● Easy and Fast. The user-friendly interface makes it possible to complete the transfer in only a few clicks.
● Supports Purchased & Non-purchased Songs. It can transfer any songs downloaded from different sources.
● Transfer All or Selected. It lets you transfer the whole music library or just the selected songs as per your needs.
FoneTool supports all iPhone and iPad models including the latest 12.9-inch iPad Pro (6th generation) and 11-inch iPad Pro (4th generation), 10.2-inch iPad, iPad mini 6. Free download this tool on computer and follow the steps below to transfer songs from iPad to iPad.
How to Transfer Music from Old iPad to New iPad
1. Run FoneTool > Connect the source iPad to computer via the USB cable. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPad so the tool can access your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click iPhone to PC option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Select the songs you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose a destination from Transfer Settings > Click Start Transfer to save songs to your computer.
5. Unplug the source iPad and plug in the target iPad > Click PC to iPhone option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs you’d like to add to iPad > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Start Transfer to make it > Click OK when the transfer is completed.
Way 2. How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad Using iTunes
For copyright reasons, the official iOS data management tool - iTunes only allows you to transfer purchased items from one device to another.
First, sync music from iPad A to iTunes and then sync music from iTunes to iPad B. Please be aware that it will erase the existing songs on iPad B. If you are OK with that, follow the steps below.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Plug in the source iPad and run iTunes.
3. Click File > Choose Devices > Select Transfer Purchases from “XXX”.
4. Unplug the source iPad and plug in the target iPad > Go Summary > Click Music > Click Sync Music > Choose the songs you need > Click Sync to start.
Or you can choose to add songs to iPhone one by one: Click Song > Click Songs > Select the song you’d like to transfer to iPad > Right-click the song and choose Add to Device >Select your iPad name and it will transfer the song to your device.
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad without Computer
If you do not have a computer at hand, you can try these 5 methods to transfer music from iPad to iPad wirelessly.
Way 1. How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPad with Bluetooth
The Bluetooth offers a stable connection between two devices. Once the devices have successfully paired, you can transfer any type of data easily. See how to transfer music from iPad to iPad via Bluetooth.
1. On both iPads, turn on Bluetooth in Control Center or go to Settings > General > Bluetooth to make it.
2. Allow the source iPad to scan the target iPad.
3. Make sure that the 6-digit code on both devices is the same and then pair the devices.
4. On source iPad, go to Music app > select the song you’d like to transfer > choose Bluetooth as the way to share the music.
Way 2. How to AirDrop Music from iPad to iPad
AirDrop is a convenient way to transfer data between two iDevices. As for music share, it allows users to share the link of the song, not the song itself. So it’s recommended to transfer purchased songs through AirDrop.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on two devices.
- Turn on AirDrop on two iPads: Open Control Center > Enable AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone.
- On source iPad: Open Music app > Find the song you’d like to share > Click the three-dots icon to open the Share option > Click Share Song > Tap iPad as the destination device.
- On target iPad: A pop-up message will appear and click View to check the link.
Way 3. Transfer Music from iPad to iPad via iTunes Store
To download purchased songs on iPad, you can simply go to the iTunes Store to make it. You should sign in with the same iCloud account on two devices.
On the target iPad: Go to iTunes Store > Tap More > Tap Purchased > Select Music > Tap Not on This iPad’s tab > Tap All Songs > Tap the Download icon to save songs on device.
Way 4. Transfer Music from iPad to iPad via Apple Music
If you have subscribed to Apple Music, you can turn on the Sync Library option in Settings to sync the entire music library from iPad to iPad easily. It’s a paid option and you will not see an option to turn on the Sync Library if you don’t subscribe to Apple Music.
Go to Settings > Music to turn on Sync Library. Then you can go to Music app to find the songs you need and tap download music to save onto iPad.
Way 5. Transfer Music from iPad to iPad via Email
If you want to transfer several downloaded songs from iPad to iPad, you can choose to email them to yourself.
- On source iPad: Go to Mail app > Tap Compose to launch an email creation window > Enter the email address > Tap Add Attachment to select the song > Tap Send.
- On target iPad: Open Mail app > Check the email and download the song on the device.
That’s all for how to transfer music from iPad to iPad. Compare all these methods, FoneTool lets you transfer purchased as well as non-purchased songs in minutes and should therefore be your go-to solution.