Fixed: Import Photos from iPhone to PC Something Went Wrong
This post will show you 8 different but useful solutions to the “importing photos from iPhone to PC something went wrong” error. You can read on to get them.
- Why can’t I import photos from iPhone to PC?
- 8 solutions to importing photos from iPhone to PC “Something Went Wrong”
- Solution 1. Keep your iPhone unlocked
- Solution 2. Check iPhone photo settings
- Solution 3. Stop hardware acceleration of Microsoft Photos
- Solution 4. Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes
- Solution 5. Make sure the picture folder has full control permission
- Solution 6. Repair or reset Microsoft Photos
- Solution 7. Turn off antivirus software and firewall temporarily
- Solution 8. Update iPhone system and Windows
- Easy Way to importing photos from iPhone to PC no more error
- Written in the end
Why can’t I import photos from iPhone to PC?
Importing photos from iPhone to PC keeps failing
Anyone else experiencing issues with importing photos from iPhone to PC ‘Something went wrong’? I am experiencing this problem on my Windows computer. Out of over 100 photos, only a few were imported before the problem occurred. Tried again, tried a new cable, restart both devices, and did it all. I have never had this problem before, even in the previous beta version."
- Question from developer.appel.com/forums
Users sometimes need to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, perhaps to edit them and view them on the computer, or to free up storage space on their iPhone. However, the “ import iPhone photos to PC something went wrong” problem has become a common problem that affected users. But you don't have to worry too much, this article has prepared six different but effective ways to help you solve this problem.
8 solutions to importing photos from iPhone to PC “Something Went Wrong”
To fix the “something went wrong importing photos from iPhone to PC” error, there are different solutions on both your iPhone and computer. You can try them until you fix the issue successfully.
Solution 1. Keep your iPhone unlocked
If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 but meet the “import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 something went wrong” error, you need to check if your iPhone is unlocked during the importing process. This method is also suitable for other versions of Windows systems.
Locked mode and Sleep mode will lead to interruptions or issues because Apple devices cannot do any data transfer task with the state. So you need to tap on the screen of your iPhone to make sure it is unlocked all the time.
Solution 2. Check iPhone photo settings
The second solution is provided by some users. They said checking your iPhone photo settings may solve the “something went wrong importing photos to Windows 10 from iPhone” issue and it can also work on other versions of Windows devices. If you want to try this method, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings and select Photos on your iPhone.
2. Choose Keep Originals in the TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC section.
3. After the above, try importing photos from your iPhone to PC again.
Solution 3. Stop hardware acceleration of Microsoft Photos
Hardware acceleration in Microsoft Photos may also cause such a problem because of incompatibility between Windows and iPhone. Thus, you can consider stopping the hardware acceleration of Microsoft Photos to fix the error. Follow the easy steps to do it:
1. Run Microsoft Photos, and press the three dots icon to select Setting.
2. Turn off Use hardware-accelerated video encoding when available.
Solution 4. Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes
You can choose to use the Home Sharing feature in iTunes. It can enable different system sharing aspects and permissions. Just follow the guide to use it:
1. Open iTunes and sign in to your Apple ID.
2. Click File > Home Sharing, then choose Turn On Home Sharing.
Solution 5. Make sure the picture folder has full control permission
Another important thing is that you can check the control permission of the Picture folder. If the Picture folder does not have full control permission, you may receive “something went wrong” during the photos importing process. The contents below will tell you how to give the Picture folder full control permission:
1. Press the Windows and E keys at the same time. Right-click on the Picture folder and choose Properties.
2. Click on Security and choose Edit.
3. Choose your username in the Group or user names section, then tick all the boxes under Allow to give the Picture folder full permissions.
Solution 6. Repair or reset Microsoft Photos
Microsoft Photos errors can also lead to iPhone cannot import photos. Try repairing or resetting Microsoft Photos on your PC to fix such a problem. Here are the simple steps to do so:
1. Choose Settings in the Windows menu, then go to Apps & features > Microsoft Photos, and click Advanced options under it.
2. Click on Repair and see if you can import photos properly. If not, click Reset to try again.
Solution 7. Turn off antivirus software and firewall temporarily
Antivirus software and firewall protect your computer from viruses and malware. But sometimes they will stop program that access, move, add files on your computer. It can be the reason why you failed to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
You can turn off your antivirus software and disable Windows Firewall temporarily. And try to import your photos again to see if the problem is still here.
Solution 8. Update iPhone system and Windows
A system glitch can lead to photo-transferring failure. And it can be fixed by the latest system version. you can follow the steps below to check and update your iOS and Windows version.
To update iOS: Go to the "Settings" app on your iPhone. In most conditions, you will be noted if there is any newer version. And also you can go to "General" on Settings > "Software Update" to check iOS version. Then follow the prompt to update your iOS. Please make sure your iPhone has at least 50% battery life when updating the system.
To Update Windows: Click the Start button. Choose the Settings icon. > Select "Update & Security", and click the Windows Update to check and update your Windows version.
Easy Way to importing photos from iPhone to PC no more error
It is common to encounter this “something went wrong” problem in transferring photos and if you don't want to spend time and effort fixing it every time, then you can try a new tool to transfer your iPhone photos to your computer.
We highly recommend a professional tool for importing photos - FoneTool. You can use it to import not only photos but also messages, contacts, videos from iPhone to PC directly for free.
What’s more, you can enjoy the benefits FoneTool brings to you as below；
Let’s see how to use FoneTool to import photos from iPhone to PC easily:
1. Run FoneTool, and connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Choose Phone Transfer on the main page. Go to choose iPhone to PC.
3. Click the Photos icon to select the photos you want to transfer.
4. Choose a storage path for your photos, and click on Start Transfer.
Written in the end
We believe you have known how to fix the “importing photos from iPhone to PC something went wrong” error already. If you still cannot import photos from iPhone to PC properly, you can consider switching to a better tool like FoneTool. It can help you transfer data including photos, videos, messages, music, and contacts from iPhone to PC without effort.