The iPhone's camera gets better with every update and we can take wonderful photos with its amazing photographic abilities. However, high-quality picture means high-resolution. You will one day find that the storage space is filled with photos. Under these circumstances, it’s time to backup iPhone photos to laptop and then delete them from iPhone to free up space.
Well, there are many ways to help you transfer photos from iPhone to laptop. You can try built-in tools and photo transfer apps based on your needs. To better illustrate these methods, according to whether to use the USB cable, we divide these methods into two categories. Read on to discover the best method for you.
All these methods described here apply to iPhone 12/12 mini/12 pro/pro max, iPhone X/11 series, iPhone 8/7/6/5/SE. Also applies to iPad and iPod touch.
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop with USB
Through the connection of USB cable to achieve the transmission between iPhone and laptop hasn’t changed in a decade. Way 1 lets you transfer all kinds of pictures stored on your iPhone; Way 2 and Way 3 can help you transfer Camera Roll photos.
Way 1. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop via AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool that can help users transfer photos, videos, songs, and more between iPhone and Windows laptop in an easy, quick, safe way.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop in Windows 10, 8, 7 with AOMEI MBackupper. Follow the steps below to make it.
Steps to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop in Windows 10, 8, 7
Step 1. Download, install and run AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in your iPhone. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.)
Step 2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to Computer option.
Step 3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
Step 4. Select a destination to save the pictures > Click Transfer to start.
Step 5. Click OK when the transfer is completed.
Way 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop via Photos App
For Windows 10 and Windoes 8 users, you can import pictures from iPhone to laptop through Photos app. It is able to transfer Cameral Roll photos quickly.
1. Run Photos app and connect your iPhone to laptop via a USB cable.
2. Tap Trust or enter passcode on iPhone if asked.
3. Click Import > Choose From a USB device.
4. Click Import Settings and you can set the destination or other options.
5. Uncheck the pictures and videos you don’t want to transfer > Click Import Selected.
Way 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop via Windows Explorer
If you do not want to use any app, then you can take advantage of Windows Explorer to copy Camera Roll photos to laptop.
1. Connect your iPhone to laptop via USB cable > Tap Trust or enter passcode on iPhone if asked.
2. Open This PC or Computer > Find your iPhone under Devices and drives > Open your iPhone.
3. Go to Internal Storage > DCIM folder > Open those folders named 100APPLE, 101APPLE, 102APPLE, etc. to find the pictures you need to transfer.
4. Copy and paste the selected pictures to laptop.
Part 2. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop without USB
It’s also possible to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop without USB and below are three ways you can have a try.
Way 1. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop via Cloud Storage Services
Cloud storage services have changed the way people store data, whether for commercial or personal use. It’s easy to access files stored in cloud on any device and you can take advantage of this to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
1. Download Google Drive app from App Store on iPhone > Open the app and sign in with your account.
2. Tap the “Plus” icon > Tap Upload > Tap Photos and Videos > Select the pictures you want to transfer.
3. Then you can visit Google Drive website on laptop and download your pictures.
Way 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop via AirDrop-like Apps
There are many AirDrop-like apps that can help you transfer files between iPhone and laptop through Wi-Fi connection. Snapdrop, Xender, SHAREit are the most recommended ones.
To send photos from iPhone to laptop, you should first visit the website of the tool or run apps on iPhone > connect your iPhone with the laptop > then choose the pictures you need on iPhone and the pictures will appear on your laptop soon.
Way 3. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop via Email
If you just want to transfer one or two pictures, just email them to yourself. It’s the fastest way.
1. Go to Photos app > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon.
2. Choose Mail option > Compose your email > Tap Send.
3. Check the email on laptop > Save the pictures to a destination folder.
That’s all for how to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop with or without USB. To quickly transfer photos stored in all albums, AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice. What’s more, it lets you transfer videos and songs easily. Go for it now and discover more!