[7 ways] How to Transfer Media Files from iPhone to PC
This post will show you 7 ways on how to transfer media from iPhone to PC. Keep reading and you can move all your media files even large videos to Windows PC efficiently.
- How to transfer media from iPhone to PC
- Method 1: The easiest way to transfer large media files from iPhone to PC
- Method 2: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC Using Files Explorer
- Method 3: Get photos/videos from iPhone to PC using iCloud wirelessly
- Method 4: Copy media files from iPhone to PC via iTunes
- Method 5: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC through OneDrive
- Method 6: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC through DropBox
- Method 7: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC with Google Drive
Can you transfer media from iPhone to PC?
To edit, play or back up your iPhone photos, videos, music, and other media files, you want to transfer your media files from iPhone to PC.
Because of system restrictions, transferring media files between iPhone and PC is not easy as transferring between iOS and Mac, or Android and Windows. But there are ways to migrate iPhone media files to Windows 7/8/10/11, like iTunes, iCloud and FoneTool.
How to transfer media from iPhone to PC
In this part, we will present 7 effective methods for seamlessly transferring media files from your iPhone to a PC. If you're eager to know the specifics, continue reading for a comprehensive exploration of each method.
Method 1: The easiest way to transfer large media files from iPhone to PC
If you need to transfer a large amount of media files, FoneTool is the easiest way to transfer media files from iPhone to PC without iTunes/Internet. With this professional and powerful iOS transfer tool, you can transfer photos, music and videos to Windows PC for free at a super-fast speed.
It comes with many advantages and features making it the best way to transfer media data.
- Easy-to-use interface: With the user-friendly interface, you can easily migrate your files with a few clicks.
- Fast transfer speed: FoneTool will transfer media files with an amazing speed. For example, you can transfer 100 photos in 3 seconds.
- Preview and selective transfer: You can preview the files on the app and choose the data you prefer to get a selective transfer.
- Completely safe: No Wi-Fi network connection is required and no cellular data is consumed. And the offline transfer avoids privacy leaking to the greatest extent.
- Preserve original file quality: FoneTool ensures that you retain the highest quality of your files from your iPhone. You can transfer your photos/music/videos to your PC without any loss in quality, ensuring they are saved in their original resolution.
Besides, it’s also an iTunes/iCloud alternative to let you back up your iPhone to an external hard drive/iPad/Windows without data loss. Now you can tap the download button below to get the tool, and we will give you detailed instructions about how to transfer all or part of media files from iPhone to PC efficiently.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable > Open FoneTool and choose Phone Transfer > Click iPhone to PC and tap Get Started.
Step 2. Check each icon to preview and select the media files you’d like to transfer to the computer > Click OK to continue.
Step 3. Select a storage path and check other settings from Transfer Settings > Tap Start Transfer to begin the task.
Method 2: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC Using Files Explorer
Windows File Explorer allows you easily access and transfer iPhone photos and videos on a PC via a USB cable. If you just want to transfer photos and videos, follow the steps of how to transfer media from iPhone to PC via File Explorer:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
Step 2. Once your device is recognized, Windows Explorer should automatically launch. If doesn't, you can manually access it by either clicking on the "Start Menu" or locating it in the "Taskbar".
Step 3. Navigate to "This PC" and you will find your iPhone listed as a "Portable Device". Click on your iPhone to access its contents.
Step 4. Within the "Portable Device", locate and enter the "Internal Storage" folder. Find where your media files store and choose the files you want to transfer.
Method 3: Get photos/videos from iPhone to PC using iCloud wirelessly
iCloud is a cloud-based service provided by Apple, and you can also access your iCloud media files on Windows PC. But it is noted that iCloud offers 5 GB of storage space for free users to sync their data. So if you don’t need to transfer large photos/videos, iCloud is also available for your data moving. And here’s how:
Enable the iCloud Photos option on your iPhone by going to Settings > Photos > iCloud Photos. This will upload all your photos and videos to iCloud. And you can download them on your PC.
Method 4: Copy media files from iPhone to PC via iTunes
In addition to iCloud, you can also use iTunes to move files. And here we will take photos as an example to show you how to transfer media from iPhone to PC using iTunes:
Step 1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your PC and launch iTunes.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. If prompted, unlock your iPhone using the screen passcode, and click Trust This Computer if need.
Step 3. Click on your device icon in the top bar of the app and choose file sharing.
Step 4. In the list on the left, select the app on your device that you want to transfer a file from.
Step 5. Select the file you want to transfer in the list on the right, click Save to, select where you want to save the file, then tap Save To.
Then the media files will be saved in the location you specified on your computer.
- If you need to transfer a file from your PC to your iPhone, begin by choosing the app you wish to associate the file with. Click Add File to initiate the process. This action will open the file browser, allowing you to select the desired file for transfer. Once selected, the file will seamlessly appear on your iPhone, making it readily accessible.
Method 5: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC through OneDrive
Except for iCloud and iTunes, OneDrive is another cloud storage method to help you transfer media from iPhone to PC quickly. And it offers users up to 10GB of free storage which lets you transfer a part of large files. Here’s how:
Step 1. Download OneDrive on both your iPhone and computer.
Step 2. Launch the OneDrive app on your iPhone and tap the blue plus icon.
Step 3. Tap Upload and then Photos and Videos. If it asks for permission to access more photos, grant them.
Step 4. Choose the photos and videos that you wish to upload and select Done in the top right. Then your media files will upload.
Open the OneDrive app on your computer, choose the files to download and you can move photos and videos to your PC successfully.
Method 6: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC through DropBox
Same as OneDrive, DropBox is available to transfer media files from iPhone to PC and it offers users up to 16GB of free storage. And from the steps below, you can know how to transfer media from iPhone to PC with DropBox.
Step 1. Download Dropbox in the App Store. Install and open it.
Step 2. Tap Settings > Camera Upload.
Step 3. Switch on Background Uploading to make sure that you don’t need to open Dropbox every time to store photos and videos.
When the uploading process is completed, you can launch Dropbox on your Windows PC to download them.
- While using cloud services for photo transfer might seem convenient, it is not the most efficient method for transferring data. Because it may take a long time due to the speed of the Internet.
Method 7: Transfer photos/videos from iPhone to PC with Google Drive
Different from OneDrive and DropBox, Google Drive provides users with even more free storage space, offering a generous 15GB of storage. And now you can follow the instructions to use it.
Step 1. Go to Google Play Store and download Google Drive, then open the app and sign in.
Step 2. Choose the “+” icon > Tap Upload > Click Photos and Videos > Select the media files you want to upload to Google Drive.
Step 3. Then go to the Google Drive website on your Windows PC to download the files.
So here are 7 ways on how to transfer media from iPhone to PC with detailed steps and instructions. If you need to transfer videos and photos, all methods above work. But if you want to move all media files including music, there are only iTunes and FoneTool can help you.
Compared with iTunes, FoneTool is even better. Because its transfer doesn’t depend on the Internet, you can move large files quickly and don't need to worry about leaking privacy. And you can move files on the computer conveniently with its user-friendly interface.
In addition, FoneTool also supports transferring files from PC to iPhone.
Hope this guide is useful for you, and you can get what you are looking for. For more queries or feedback, please feel free to contact us.