Why is iPhone not showing in Windows Explorer?
Windows Explorer can be an easy way to manage and move photos, videos to a computer. You just connect your iPhone with a computer via a USB cable. However, some people reported that their iPhone not showing up in Window Explorer so they can’t view iPhone photos on PC. Here we conclude several reasons making this issue:
● Faulty or underqualified USB cable: Windows can’t read your iPhone by an underqualified or corrupted USB cable.
● Outdated Apple USB driver: A valid Apple USB driver is necessary to establish communication between an iOS device and a PC.
● Windows 10 media pack missing: In some cases, no media files can be found in Windows 10 system, it is because the OS is missing media files pack.
Next, according to these causes, this post will demonstrate several fixes helping you to solve iPhone not showing in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 Explorer.
How to fix iPhone not showing in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 File Explorer?
Table of Contents:
Using original USB cable or accessories that got the Made For iOS(MFi) certification helps you create a fine connection between the computer and your iPhone. Besides, uncertified USB cables may damage your iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
If you have already got the original or MFi USB cable, try different USB ports on your computer. A corrupted USB port can also be the cause of the connection issue.
If your iPhone drive not appear in the Windows File Explorer, you may need to reinstall the Apple USB driver.
Apple USB driver is used to communicate data between your iOS device and a Windows computer. Usually, it will automatically install when you first time to connect your iPhone to a PC. It can be outdated and make your iOS not show in File Explorer.
Follow the steps below to see how to reinstall Apple USB driver.
Step 1. Press the “Windows” key and “R” key to open Run box, and type “devmgmt.msc” on the box. Then press “Enter”.
Step 2. Once the Device Manager is launched, expand the “Portable Device”.
Step 3. Click “Update driver” to update the Apple driver.
If your computer is running with Windows 10, some iPhone media files are missing in Windows Explorer. That can be related to a Windows 10 bug that affects the communication functionality of your PC with media files on external drives, CD, digital devices.
To fix this issue, please check: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3099229 to install the update.
If your iPhone videos and images not showing in Windows Explorer, these media files may not be present on your iPhone.
We know that with iCloud enabled, your photos videos that shot or stored on other devices like the iPad will be uploaded to your iCloud storage. Then your iPhone will store previews of these media files. So they actually not on your iPhone, you can download them on your iPhone.
1. Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone. Tap the “Photos” app on the Settings.
2. Check “Download and Keep Originals” on the Photos option.
Then open Windows Explorer to see if your pictures and videos folder demonstrated on it.
If you are copying files to your Windows PC, as you can see, Windows Explorer is not a convenient way, actually, you can turn to a professional backup & transfer tool named AOMEI MBackupper. This tool can easily transfer photos, videos, messages, contacts, and other files from iPhone to Windows computer, as well as from Windows to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
This tool owns several advantages making it better than Windows Explorer and other tools to transfer data from iPhone to Windows 11/10/ 8/ 7 computer.
● Fast transfer speed. This tool provides fast speed to transfer files to a PC. For example, 1000 songs or pics can be moved to your computer in 10 minutes.
● High successful rate: It can create a stable connection between your iOS device and PC via USB cable, the process will not be interrupted by unexpected errors.
● Easy-to-use software: AOMEI MBackupper comes with an intuitive interface making the process can be completed in a few clicks.
Step 1. Open AOMEI MBackupper. To transfer data, click “Transfer to Computer”.
Step 2. Click the “+” icon and select the file type you want to transfer, and click “OK”.
Step 3. The selected files will be listed, and you can change a storage path. Then click “Transfer” to start the operation.
So this post list 5 methods to fix “iPhone not showing in Windows Explorer”. Hopefully, they can solve this problem. In addition, AOMEI MBackupper is an effective and easy-to-use alternative to Windows File Explorer to transfer iPhone data to computer. Besides, this tool can also support converting HEIC photos to JPG and erasing iPhone.