After getting a new iPhone, the first thing you may need to do is to transfer important data to new iPhone. Or you may just want to have a backup copy of your current iPhone by syncing the data to another one. To help you make it easier, here in this guide, I’ll detail 4 methods about how to sync two iPhones. You can first read and then choose one to follow according to your case.
Way 1. How to Sync iPhone to iPhone via Quick Start
If you just get your new iPhone 14/13/12 and want to transfer all data from old iPhone to it, you can utilize Quick Start. It’s a feature that comes along with iOS 11 that lets users set up a new iPhone using the information from the current device. You can choose to restore the iCloud backup to the new iPhone.
Besides, if both devices are running iOS 12.4 or later, it can help you transfer data from the current device to the new iPhone wirelessly which makes it possible to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud backup.
Steps to Sync Two iPhones without Computer
1. Place your new iPhone near the current iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your current iPhone and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone.
2. Make sure that it's the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue. If you don't see the option to continue on your current device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. An animation will appear on your new iPhone > Hold your old iPhone over the new iPhone, then center the animation in the viewfinder > Wait for a message that says Finish on New iPhone.
Note: If you can't use your current iPhone camera, tap Authenticate Manually. You will receive an authentication code on your new iPhone, enter that code to the current iPhone.
4. Enter your current iPhone passcode on new iPhone.
5. Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device. When asked, enter your Apple ID password on your new iPhone.
6. Choose Transfer from iPhone to begin transferring your data from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone. Or choose Download from iCloud to select a backup to restore. If you want to update the backup on your device, make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your device.
Way 2. How to Sync Two iPhones with Different Apple ID
If you have already set up your new iPhone and just want to transfer selected types of data from old iPhone to it, FoneTool, one free iPhone backup and restore tool for iPhone is the way to go. It allows you to transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, etc. from iPhone to another one in a few clicks.
The tool supports all iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 14, iPhone SE 2020 and works well with the latest iOS 16. Download the tool on computer and follow the steps below to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone.
How to Sync Two iPhones with One Click
1. Open FoneTool> Plug in two iPhones.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Get to iPhone to iPhone and click Start Transfer .
3. Confirm the source iPhone and target iPhone > Enable backup encryption > Click Start Transfer.
Selectively Sync Two iPhones
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Backup data on old iPhone
② Restore the backup files to new iPhone
You can select the files you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
Backup the Current iPhone
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your current iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Phone Backup > Go to Selective Backup and click Get Started to select the data you want to backup.
Note: You can click the icon to choose the items you want to backup, here we click Contacts for example. Select the contacts you need and click OK to confirm.
3. Select the storage path to save the backup file > Click Start Backup.
Transfer Data to Another iPhone
1. Unplug your current iPhone and then connect your new iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup History screen.
2. Click three-dots icon and click the Restore option.
3. You can click each icon to preview and choose the items you want to restore > If everything is OK, click Start Restore to make it.
Way 3. How to Sync iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
iCloud is the official cloud storage and cloud computing service provided by Apple to help users store iOS data as well as sync data among devices. There are two ways you can try to sync iPhone to iPhone using iCloud: transfer old iPhone data to new one via iCloud backup or turn on the sync option for special data.
- You should log in with the same Apple account on two devices.
- Connect both two iPhones to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Plug in your iPhone if the battery is low.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud Backup
On your old iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Turn on iCloud Backup > Tap Back Up Now.
On your new iPhone: Set up your new iPhone until you see the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts to finish restoring the iPhone backup and copy your old contacts to the new phone.
Or if you have already set up the device, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to reset your iPhone > Set up your new iPhone until you see the Apps & Data screen and choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
Sync Data from iPhone to iPhone Using iCloud
Rather than restore the iCloud backup to iPhone, you can also choose to turn on the sync for special data. There is no need to reset your iPhone.
On your old iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap your name > iCloud > Toggle on the switch of the data you want to sync.
On your new iPhone: Repeat the steps to turn on the sync > Choose Merge if asked. If there are lots of data that needs to be synced, it may take a while to finish.
Way 4. How to Sync iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
Another way to sync iPhone to iPhone is using iTunes. It can help you transfer all old iPhone data and settings to new iPhone. Your new iPhone will be erased firstly and then replaced with all the content from your old iPhone.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Connect the source iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
3. Click the Device tab > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now to start the backup.
4. When the backup is finished, disconnect the source iPhone and plug in your new iPhone.
5. Click Restore Backup… at the Summary page on iTunes > Choose the backup that you just created > Click Restore to confirm.
That’s all for how to sync iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start lets you sync all data wirelessly; FoneTool allows you to transfer selected data without data erase; iCloud enables you to transfer all data or sync special data among two devices; iTunes helps you transfer all data and settings. If you have any questions or problems, leave a comment below and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad