Want to transfer music from iCloud Drive to iPhone?
How do I add music from iCloud Drive to Apple Music?
Is it possible to import MP3 files to my music library on my iPhone from my iCloud Drive? I am not interested in subscribing to additional Apple services. I would like to put songs on my iPhone without using iTunes.
- Question from Apple Community
You have some music files that you’ve placed in iCloud Drive and now you want to add them to Apple Music app. However, when you go to iCloud Drive on iPhone, you find that it won’t give you the option to add music to your music library. So how to get music from iCloud Drive to iPhone? Just keep reading to find the solution.
Can you download music from iCloud Drive to iPhone?
You may want to add music to Apple Music directly from iCloud Drive. Can you download music from iCloud Drive to iPhone without computer? Unfortunately, the answer is No. You cannot add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone from anywhere but the iTunes Store.
If you want to move music from iCloud Drive to iPhone, you have to do two things: download music from iCloud Drive to computer and then transfer music from computer to iPhone. That’s to say, you have to involve a computer in order to add music from iCloud Drive to Apple Music app.
In short, you can transfer music from iCloud Drive to iPhone but there is no direct way to add music files from iCloud Drive to Apple Music app on iPhone.
How to get music from iCloud Drive to iPhone
Let’s start to see how to download music from iCloud Drive to iPhone. 2 steps are needed:
- Download music from iCloud Drive to computer
- Transfer music from computer to iPhone Apple Music
Step 1. Download music from iCloud Drive to computer
Go to iCloud.com to download all the music files you want to add to Music app.
1. Open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
2. Click iCloud Drive and find your music files.
3. Press and hold the Ctrl key > Click on the music files with the mouse.
4. Click Download button to save them to computer.
Step 2. Transfer music from computer to iPhone
You want to download music from iCloud Drive to iPhone without computer probably because you don’t want to use iTunes. Well, iTunes is the offical data management tool that can help us sync music, videos, TV shows, etc. to iPhone. However, the complex interface and operation can drive you crazy.
In fact, iTunes is not the only option for music transfer. There are many third-party transfer tools that can help you easily achieve the goal, such as FoneTool. Compared with iTunes, it provides an easier and safer way to help you add music to iPhone.
★ You can transfer MP3 to iPhone with one click. What’s more, it will not erase the existing songs or any other data on device.
★ It supports data transfer between different Apple IDs. You can easily transfer songs from your family's computer to your own iPhone.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps below to transfer music from computer to iPhone.
1. Launch FoneTool and plug in iPhone.
2. Click Phone Transfer on the left pane > Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Click Music icon from the top of the interface > Drag your songs to the box or you can click anywhere in the box to choose the songs you want to transfer.
4. Finally, click Start Transfer to add music to Apple Music app.
That’s all about how to get music from iCloud Drive to iPhone. It’s impossible to download music from iCloud Drive to iPhone without computer. To add music from iCloud Drive to Apple Music, you should first download songs from iCloud Drive to computer and then transfer them to iPhone via FoneTool or iTunes.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad