Why Create Ghost Drive in Windows 10?
For any electronic device, it’s a must to create a system rescue media especially for a Windows computer that is used daily. The Windows 10 has become the main Windows operating system, and the best way to recover Windows 10 in time is creating ghost drive in Windows 10 if the system failure. If you are planning to create a recovery drive for Windows 10, then please follow me.
Considering ghost Windows 10 hard drive or operating system, you may want to use Norton Ghost to create one for Windows 10. However, Norton Ghost 15 is not compatible with Windows 10 and it was discontinued on April 30, 2013. Hence, it’s not recommended to use the Ghost that not supported.
As a matter of fact, you have multiple ways more reliable and efficient to ghost Windows 10 hard drive or operating system, let’s find out.
Create Ghost Drive with Recovery Media Creator
To create a ghost drive in Windows 10, please prepare a at least 16 Gigabytes USB flash drive and connect it to your Windows 10 computer, and then follow the steps to create Windows 10 recovery media:
1. Input create a recovery drive in Windows Search box, and choose Create a recovery drive.
2. When the Microsoft Windows Recovery Media Creator open, ensure Back up system files to the recovery drive option is checked, and click Next button.
3. Select the USB flash drive and click Next button.
4. Click Create to ghost Windows 10 operating system and default settings.
All the steps are applied to Windows 8, 8.1, and 7. Meanwhile, it’s better to backup your personal files, installed programs, and other settings, etc. and it’s really useful to restore your files if your files lost or deleted by accident.
Create Ghost Drive in Windows 10 with AOMEI OneKey Recovery
As the best one key recovery software - AOMEI OneKey Recovery will help you to create a recovery drive for you to restore Windows 10 system to previous state or factory settings via F11 or A key. Please download AOMEI OneKey Recovery demo first and have a try:
Here is the detailed steps to create ghost drive in Windows 10:
1. Execute AOMEI OneKey Recovery after installing, please select OneKey System Backup.
2. Choose a way to backup Windows 10 operating system: Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition (Recommended), or Backup system to other location, then click Next >>. (here we choose the first option).
3. Choose a partition and click Start Backup >>. Then your Windows 10 system image will be saved to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition behind the selected partition.
4. Click Yes to create ghost drive in Windows 10 under WinPE environment.
5. And the operation of ghosting a hard drive in Windows 10 will restart and run in Windows PE environment, then create Windows 10 system backup.
Wait for about 30 minutes, it will complete, and restart automatically. Then you could see the AOMEI Recovery Partition in Disk Management like this:
Besides, you could set up F11 (by default) or A key to enter into AOMEI recovery environment during system startup.
It’s very suitable for Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, MSI, etc. computer that encounter recovery partition missing in Windows 10 situation.
How to Restore Windows 10 Operating System from the Ghost Drive?
Press a certain key (F2, F10, F11, F12, ESC, DEL, A, etc.) to enter BIOS, and AOMEI OneKey Recovery will be listed, and select it.
Then it will prompt you to press the Key F11 or A that you set to open AOMEI OneKey Recovery in WinPE.
After AOMEI OneKey Recovery open, Then it will ask you: Do you need to restore your system, click Yes, and preview the restore settings, and then press Start Restore >> to restore Windows 10 operating system easily.
If you just want to create ghost drive in Windows 10 by cloning a hard drive, please try AOMEI Backupper to create a disk clone for free without reinstalling everything. By the way, Apart from the two ways, you could create system image on USB flash drive in Windows 10, Ghost Windows 10 hard drive to another external hard drive to keep everything safe.
Wrapping Things Up
Compared with Ghost, Recovery Media Creator and AOMEI OneKey Recovery is more reliable to create ghost drive in Windows 10 computer, and their practicability and compatibility are more powerful, as well as its support team. It’s highly recommanded to backup your Windows operating system now before system failure, and keep all your system files safe. Besides, it’s better to backup your personal files to safe location to protect them all. Backup once and enjoy forever.