[Answered] How to Recover Deleted TikTok Videos?
How to recover deleted TikTok videos? This post is ready to help you recover deleted TikTok videos on Windows, iPhone, or other storage devices via corresponding methods.
- Are deleted TikTok videos gone forever?
- Scenario 1. How to recover deleted TikTok videos on Windows?
- Scenario 2. How to recover deleted TikTok videos on iPhone?
- Relevant Q&A about video recovery
Are deleted TikTok videos gone forever?
TikTok, known in China as Douyin, is a popular social media platform. This app allows users to create, watch, and share 15-second videos taken via mobile devices or webcams.
But have you ever accidentally deleted TikTok videos during editing or managing these files? Or want to recover permanently deleted TikTok videos? Some of you might raise questions like these:
Are deleted TikTok videos gone forever? Where do deleted files go? Moreover, how to recover deleted TikTok videos?
It’s easy to recover your linked videos on TikTok videos with the on-screen instruction. If you’ve saved TikTok videos to your varied storage devices, your deleted TikTok videos might not miss from your storage devices before data erasure.
Where do deleted files go on Windows?
For Windows PCs, since your accidentally/recently deleted TikTok videos are visible to you in your Recycle Bin and still consume disk space usage, you can go to the Recycle Bin to restore them.
If you’ve emptied Recycle Bin, your permanently deleted TikTok short film might be not wiped out from PCs because your permanently deleted performances would only remove the file paths of the corresponding files.
Scenario 1. How to recover deleted TikTok videos on Windows?
How to recover deleted TikTok videos on Windows? If your permanently deleted videos are invisible to you, you can seek help from professional data recovery tools to reappear them. Alternatively, you can also restore TikTok videos from your accessible backups.
- After data loss, please avoid writing new data to the same PC because any newly added files could overwrite your permanently deleted TikTok videos.
Method 1. Recover deleted TikTok videos from File History
Microsoft Windows comes with a plethora of features, tools, and applications designed to get the most out of your Windows PC. Let’s take practical File History as an example.
As the name suggests, this feature can record a complete history of your files over time. As long as you’ve turned on File History or System Protection of the local disk that stores your needed TikTok videos, you can enjoy the following features.
- File History regularly backs up the varied versions of your files in the Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, Desktop folders, and offline OneDrive files.
- You’re allowed to restore the deleted, lost, or damaged original files.
- File History makes it possible for you to find previous versions of Word documents, then you can recover overwritten Word documents.
How to get back deleted TikTok videos? Please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Type “Control Panel” in the search bar and open it. Then go to System and Security.
Step 2. Click “Restore your files with File History” under the File History tab.
Step 3. Click the “Restore personal files” button.
Step 4. “Restore” your deleted TikTok videos to the original location. To set another saved path, you can right-click on “Restore” and select the “Restore to” option.
Method 2. Recover deleted TikTok videos with video recovery software
Without backups, it’s possible for you to recover deleted TikTok videos using trustable video recovery software like MyRecover. Please get an overview of its exciting features below.
- Recover the deleted/lost Word, Excel, PPT, photos, videos, audio, folders, and other 200+ types of data from HDD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Keep the original paths, filenames, and format for the deleted files.
- During Quick Scan and Deep Scan, enter filenames in the search bar to locate your desired files or wait to find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers.
- Support NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, and ReFS file systems.
Download MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows Server computers to get your deleted TikTok videos back!
Step 1. Launch MyRecover on your PC, and select the partition that contains the videos you want. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. Locate your desired TikTok videos by Name, Date, Type, Size, or Path. You can also wait to view all the deleted and other missing files.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Other Missing Files folder, and click “Recover x files” to restore your chosen videos. After recovery, you’re supposed to store them in another path.
Scenario 2. How to recover deleted TikTok videos on iPhone?
If you accidentally deleted TikTok videos on iPhone, you can go to the Recently Deleted folder to restore them. Unlike the Recycle Bin, this temporary folder only can keep your deleted items for 30 days.
After 30 days or emptying this folder, you’ll be prompted to restore your iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup. Or you can use iPhone data recovery software to get videos back.
Method 1. Recover deleted TikTok videos from iCloud/iTunes backup
Apple released two data loss prevention measures (iCloud and iTunes) for iPhone users to prevent data loss. Thus, if you’ve made regular backups via iCloud/iTunes, you can restore these videos from valuable backups containing your desired TikTok videos.
- If you’ve activated iCloud Videos, your iCloud/iTunes backup will not include the same videos.
- Cannot preview your iCloud/iTunes backups’ files before restoration and restore selected data to your iPhone after restoration.
- Your chosen iCloud/iTunes backup will replace all the existing data on your iPhone.
How to recover deleted TikTok videos on iPhone? Let's show how to restore your iPhone from iTunes backups.
Step 1. Run the latest iTunes and connect your iOS device to the computer. Then click the “iPhone” icon.
Step 2. Click Summary > Restore Backup.
Step 3. Select an iTunes backup among the listed backups and “Restore” it. Please wait patiently because the size of your chosen backup can influence the speed of restoration.
Method 2. Recover deleted TikTok videos using iPhone data recovery software
Can you recover deleted photos on iPhone after 30 days without backups? It appears to be possible to perform iPhone permanently deleted photo recovery via a third-party tool.
The same goes for permanently deleted TikTok videos. At the moment, this iPhone data recovery software like AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS could exempt users from several restrictions and try to recover deleted TikTok videos as many as possible.
- With a bootable iPhone and a Windows PC, you’re prepared to start the iPhone data recovery process.
- No need to reset your iPhone and restore from backups or erase all the current data on your iOS devices.
- Before recovery, you can preview all the data and locate your wanted TikTok videos. After recovery, you can restore your selected videos.
- Recover Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, WeChat History, Call History, Calendars, Voice memos, etc.
- Support different types of iPhones, iPad, and iPod Touch, and be compatible with iOS 10.0 and later.
Step 1. After running this tool on your PC, connect your iPhone to this computer.
Step 2. “Trust This Computer” on your iOS device and click the “Scan Now” button.
Step 3. After scanning, under the Videos option, you can see all the recoverable videos. Click “Recover” to get your chosen TikTok videos back.
Relevant Q&A about video recovery
How to recover deleted TikTok videos? For the saved videos on Windows/iPhone, you can find corresponding fixes in the above two parts. Meanwhile, there’re some related video recovery tips for your reference.