Can I recover deleted photos from months ago iPhone?
I deleted photos from my iPhone two months ago. But I went to the Recently Deleted folder, there were no longer there. I haven’t turned on iCloud and backed up everything to iTunes. So is it possible for me to recover permanently deleted photos? Thanks.
For iPhone, the Recently Deleted folder can keep the deleted items for 30 days. Beyond this period, if you’re desperate to recover deleted photos from iPhone after 30 days, you need to seek help from iCloud/iTunes backups.
But for the above user, it’s inevitable for him/her to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone without backup because there’s no useable backup for him/her.
How to recover deleted photos from iPhone after 30 days?
Can you recover deleted photos on iPhone after 30 days? As mentioned above, it turns out it is possible. Please refer to the three methods below to recover old deleted photos on iPhone.
Solution 1. Recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud backup
If you’ve made iCloud backups before, try to recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud backups first. Please ensure your selected iCloud backup includes your needed image files because of the following reasons.
- After activating iCloud Photos, iCloud backups cannot save the same photos stored in iCloud. Meanwhile, iCloud.com will sync the changes with Wi-Fi. For instance, if you delete two pictures from your iCloud Photos, these two image files will also be removed from iCloud.com. What’s more, there’s no sign of these two photos in your iCloud backups.
- Before the restoration process, you’re not allowed to preview all the data and restore selected data to iPhone.
- Your selected iCloud backup will overwrite all the existing data on your iOS devices.
If you’ve met the above premises, you’re ready to follow this approach. Let’s show how it works.
Step 1. Click Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Step 2. Your iPhone will reboot. When it comes to Apps & Data screen, please select the “Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup” option.
Step 3. Then log into your Apple account, and select an iCloud backup among all listed iCloud backups.
Solution 2. Recover permanently deleted photos from iTunes backup
Can you recover deleted photos on iPhone after 30 days? At this point, you can restore your iPhone from iTunes backups because the iTunes app contains almost everything except iCloud Photos.
Therefore, it’s possible for you to restore iPhone with iTunes without losing data if you haven’t turned on iCloud like the user. Meanwhile, the last two points also apply to this method.
Step 1. Launch the latest iTunes on your PC. Then connect your iOS device to the computer and click the “iPhone” icon.
Step 2. Select “Restore Backup” after clicking the “Summary” button.
Step 3. Choose an iTunes backup you want to restore and click the “Restore” button.
Solution 3. Recover permanently deleted photos with iPhone data recovery software
How to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone with ease? The answer is using professional iPhone data recovery software. Especially for those users without backup.
Are you wondering where do permanently deleted photos go on iPhone? After deletion, please avoid saving newly taken photos as much as possible because these added image files are likely to overwrite the permanently deleted photos.
But in practice, it’s unavoidable to save them. So the sooner iPhone data recovery you start with AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS, the better chances you’ll have.
- ★Key features:
- Preview all the data and recover the partial files like Photos to your iPhone.
- Ensure you can boot your iOS device and there’s no need to wipe out all the current data on your iPhone.
- Recover 10+ types of data: Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Calendars, Call History, Voice Memos, etc.
- Support iOS 15/16 and be compatible with varied types of iPhones like iPhone 13/14.
Download AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS on your PC first.
Step 1. After running it, connect your iPhone to this computer.
Step 2. “Trust your Computer” on your iPhone and click the “Scan Now” button.
Step 3. Select your desired image files from all the recoverable photos and “Recover” them.
Relevant Q&A for iPhone data recovery
Can you recover deleted photos on iPhone after 30 days? Please look through the above content and pick up a suitable approach like AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS to address this issue. Meanwhile, there’re some relevant tips about iPhone data recovery.